ADVERTISEMENT

Is your team about to lose its coach?

I'm not telling myself jack. you keep telling yourself he'll leave for UT despite everything that says the opposite.

is he going to leave for money? nope
is he going to leave because of facilities? nope
is he going to leave because of family? opposite
is he going to leave because of ties to UT? he has almost no ties to UT anymore.

you are the one talking yourself into a fantasy. coaches don't leave good situations for arrogant fanbases that fire winning coaches. the UT basketball job is not a good job, nobody cares about bball but you have all the expectations that go along with coaching at UT and zero perks besides money. at TTU he can have a couple down seasons and get a lot of support, he'd just get fired at UT.

You keep trying to tell yourself....
If it was so far from the norm you wouldn't waste the time.

lololololololol

i make deductions based on rational thoughts.

you appear to have a religious ideology that you make your assumptions around.

I will leave it at that...

Your AD already said Chris Beard could leave and it wouldn't be about money.

Meaning that he will go somewhere based on loyalty.
This loyalty that Chris Beard has to Tech he also has for UT.
His loyalty to UT means more because that is who he is.

For him to leave Shaka has to be fail.

I will leave it at that...

Your AD already said Chris Beard could leave and it wouldn't be about money.

Meaning that he will go somewhere based on loyalty.
This loyalty that Chris Beard has to Tech he also has for UT.
His loyalty to UT means more because that is who he is.

For him to leave Shaka has to be fail.

Explain.

A lot of people are fans of a school because that is where they attended college....
That degree is who they are as a person.

Chris Beard has a B.S. from the University of Texas.

You have already showed that Beard is loyal...
Not just to his family but the state of Texas.
As of right now he is loyal to Tech.
I think the only thing they could break the loyalty is getting fired or if the UT job comes open.

Lubbock being 45 minutes closer to Abilene isn't going to keep him there.

A lot of people are fans of a school because that is where they attended college....

I think the only thing they could break the loyalty is getting fired or if the UT job comes open.

wow you should be in sales. you are good at making up shit. mainly because I know you know absolutely nothing about him.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life

Chris Beard is loyal but UT is not. Why go to a school fired their best coach ever?

ESPN: Rick Barnes wanted to stay

The program rose to its highest level of prominence under the direction of former head coach Rick Barnes (1998–2015). Barnes guided Texas to 16 NCAA Tournament appearances in his 17 seasons with the program, including a school-record fourteen consecutive appearances (1999–2012), as well as fifteen 20-win seasons overall and a school-best thirteen consecutive 20-win seasons (2000–12). Most wins in program history (402).

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
I just googled Rick Barnes trying to find a comment he made back around 2013-2014. The best part of googling ANY MAN who is somewhat famous is one of the suggested searches for you is ALWAYS the famous person’s spouse/girlfriend. I type in Rick Barnes and the 2nd suggested search is Rick Barnes wife. Lol

Depends on context. I think we’re about to lose Izzo within the next 5-10 years. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this season. One of my favorite Izzo teams I’ve watched. This season has just been awesome as a fan.

Keep telling yourself he would stay at Tech over UT.
The only job he would leave for is Texas.
Like I said....Shaka Smart has to fail next year for this to happen.

You are a straight up talking out your ass. I actually KNOW the man and you have no ****ing clue what you’re talking about. He actually has more disdain for UT then any other Texas program.

But please, tell me more about a situation you know zero about, i’m Dying to hear!!

You are a straight up talking out your ass. I actually KNOW the man and you have no ****ing clue what you’re talking about. He actually has more disdain for UT then any other Texas program.

But please, tell me more about a situation you know zero about, i’m Dying to hear!!

You are so full of shit...
He graduated from the University of Texas.

He is connected to Tech because he works there

You are so full of shit...
He graduated from the University of Texas.

He is connected to Tech because he works there

I realize this is hard for you to grasp, but many people actually don’t LIKE UT. Beard has said, “my connection to UT is a piece of paper, nothing more.”. He has stated, himself, he hates what UT’s athletic program and administrators have become and who they are (from his mouth)

But again, stop talking about a topic you have no ****ing idea about. Trying to hang your hat on the fact he has a diploma from there only means something in your dreams.

Depends on context. I think we’re about to lose Izzo within the next 5-10 years. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this season. One of my favorite Izzo teams I’ve watched. This season has just been awesome as a fan.
Being a UM guy, I have to say I hope you guys get beat this weekend. I also have to say that this is one of Izzo’s best coaching jobs, if not the best. The parts are not all that impressive beyond Winston but the team results have been pretty spectacular and one can safe that the team has maxed out its potential. That is all one can ask of a team.

I realize this is hard for you to grasp, but many people actually don’t LIKE UT. Beard has said, “my connection to UT is a piece of paper, nothing more.”. He has stated, himself, he hates what UT’s athletic program and administrators have become and who they are (from his mouth)

But again, stop talking about a topic you have no ****ing idea about. Trying to hang your hat on the fact he has a diploma from there only means something in your dreams.

Obviously you don't.
I get it....

Tech fans have said that Beard is loyal...
If Beard would turn his back on his alma mater he would Tech as well

Obviously you don't.
I get it....

Tech fans have said that Beard is loyal...
If Beard would turn his back on his alma mater he would Tech as well

Do you read what you write before you hit “post”? I think not

And sure he would, but it’ll never be for or to texasss

Players go where the coaches and facilities are first and foremost. Look at Durham and Lawrence. Small, very meh towns. Lexington is a small city.....we're around 400K. Vanderbilt is in Nashville and they just went 0-18 in the SEC.

If Beard is a good coach and this isnt lightning in a bottle, then he can be successful wherever he wants to be. Bruce Pearl has ****ing Auburn in thr Final Four. He won the SEC at Tennessee.

Its all about the coach. If they are good enough, theyll be successful wherever they are, regardless.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT