ADVERTISEMENT

Is Villanova vs Kansas the real NC game?

Not crying, I already stated that a FF banner looks the same no matter the path. FF banners do not come down due to playing an easy path(tho we did learn that they do come down when you cheat but that is neither here nor there) and props to michigan for beating the teams on their schedule which MSU did not. I am just stating a fact that Michigan had one of the easiest paths seed-wise. It is almost impossible to not play a top 5 seed on the way to a title game.

Here's how I read this post:

I'm saying that all F4's are the same no matter how you get there, BUT here let me tell you why Michigan's F4 means less because of how they got there.

In other words, you sound like a douche.

Here's how I read this post:

I'm saying that all F4's are the same no matter how you get there, BUT here let me tell you why Michigan's F4 means less because of how they got there.

In other words, you sound like a douche.

MSU had an easier path to the final 4 in 2001 than Michigan this year. Do MSU fans still count it?

Going through Duke and Nova to face Loyola would be as anti-climactic as it gets.

Going through Duke and Nova to face Loyola would be as anti-climactic as it gets.

I agree. Loyola would rather face and beat the best team in the country as opposed to having to beat Kansas. Would make the eventual movie a little cooler if they play Nova. Good point Baracus.

Reactions: tourneytime18
That's why 2008 was such a special tourney. The 4 number ones faced off on the final weekend and the championship game went into OT.

I agree. Loyola would rather face and beat the best team in the country as opposed to having to beat Kansas. Would make the eventual movie a little cooler if they play Nova. Good point Baracus.

Are you 12? Sh*t, maybe you are.

Curious: Why CAN'T Michigan beat Nova?

It was expressly pointed out that ‘anything can happen’.

The reason they WON’T is because Nova is arguably better at every spot on the floor (plus the 6th man), are on a different level offensively, are just as well-coached, and have FF experience on the roster.

Michigan’s best chance is an already-celebrating Nova.

The reason they WON’T is because Nova is arguably better at every spot on the floor (plus the 6th man), are on a different level offensively, are just as well-coached, and have FF experience on the roster.

Ok. Here I was thinking UM had beaten MSU twice.......Purdue once. Beat a oretty good A&M squad by 27. Had an elite defense(AdjD 4) Top 30 offense. A headache of a match-up in Wagner. Shooters.

Must have been mistaken.

Ok. Here I was thinking UM had beaten MSU twice.......Purdue once. Beat a oretty good A&M squad by 27. Had an elite defense(AdjD 4) Top 30 offense. A headache of a match-up in Wagner. Shooters.

Must have been mistaken.
That’s your right, which is why Vegas turned from a sleepy desert oasis into Sin City.

Hopefully, we’ll never know.

It really is too bad Michigan State lost because their tears would taste better than Duke's.

Even if they contain lead.
giphy.gif

Reactions: npreston

Well it sounds like you'll give me better odds than Vegas will if these two teams play.

Must have been mistaken.

Michigan's D is legit and is the reason they are in the Final 4. Our offense is hit or miss, but when you combine those "hit" days with our defense you get a product that can beat any team in the country.

The Michigan we saw in Madison Square Garden? Splits a 10 game series with Villanova.
The Michigan we saw in Wichita? Gets swept in a 10 game series with Villanova.
The Michigan we saw vs Texas A&M? Sweeps a 10 game series with Villanova.

I also don't buy that Paschall > Wagner or that Booth > Abdur-Rahkman, but I don't care about comparing player for player. It's not a game of 5 1-on-1 battles.

Last edited:
Reactions: HawksJ
Michigan's D is legit and is the reason they are in the Final 4. Our offense is hit or miss, but when you combine those "hit" days with our defense you get a product that can beat any team in the country.

The Michigan we saw in Madison Square Garden? Splits a 10 game series with Villanova.
The Michigan we saw in Wichita? Gets swept in a 10 game series with Villanova.
The Michigan we saw vs Texas A&M? Sweeps a 10 game series with Villanova.

I also don't buy that Paschall > Wagner or that Booth > Abdur-Rahkman, but I don't care about comparing player for player. It's not a game of 5 1-on-1 battles.
Worry about Kansas more than Villanova. If it's Kansas and Michigan it comes down to who hits their 3s. Kansas didn't even hit their avg. and beat duke. One advantage Michigan will have if Kansas and Michigan win, Self only had 48 hrs to come up with a gamelan on D. Just feels to me like this is a Kansas Michigan title game. Hope I'm right. Who I got since day 1 when the brackets dropped. Two of the hottest teams.

Worry about Kansas more than Villanova. If it's Kansas and Michigan it comes down to who hits their 3s. Kansas didn't even hit their avg. and beat duke. One advantage Michigan will have if Kansas and Michigan win, Self only had 48 hrs to come up with a gamelan on D. Just feels to me like this is a Kansas Michigan title game. Hope I'm right. Who I got since day 1 when the brackets dropped. Two of the hottest teams.
I guarantee you that Self already has a gameplan being put together for both Michigan and Loyola. Jerrance Howard's son is taking care of the Nova gameplan.

They should just award the national title to the KU/Nova winner on Saturday

Out of the final four, Kansas has had the most difficult road to San Antonio. We beat Nova on Saturday, and I really like our chances on Monday. Just don’t see KU sweating playing Loyola or Michigan, after having to play Duke and Nova. Even with a short turn around tike.

IMO, the winner of Kansas/Nova, will win Championship game on Monday.

Out of the final four, Kansas has had the most difficult road to San Antonio. We beat Nova on Saturday, and I really like our chances on Monday. Just don’t see KU sweating playing Loyola or Michigan, after having to play Duke and Nova. Even with a short turn around tike.

It would be typical Kansas tournament fashion to beat duke/Villanova and then lose to a mid major. Would be hilarious as well

This just doesn't make much sense. Previous games have zero bearing in a one game, winner take all, champ game.

You are underestimating just how good UMs defense is.

This just doesn't make much sense. Previous games have zero bearing in a one game, winner take all, champ game.

You are underestimating just how good UMs defense is.
Not underestimating anything. Michigan is obviously a very good team. Otherwise they wouldn’t be in the FF. However, have they played a team as good as Duke or Nova? What about Clemson? Most people thought Kansas would struggle against the Tigers.

What previous games do is prepare you for more difficult teams down the road. Building confidence. Not that its a determining factor, cause you’re right, it’s a crap shoot tourney.

Had steph curry not passed up the shot self may still be title less
If Trey Burke doesn't hit a string of unlikely shots, Michigan doesn't have their title game appearance, and KU likely probably has another title.

Ifs and butts.

Had steph curry not passed up the shot self may still be title less

Self conquered Steph Curry, Jay Wright, Roy, Hansbrough, Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington, Calipari and Derrick Rose in the same tourney. You should probably bow down and pay your respect.

Reactions: jayhawker332
Teams can pay for parents to go to final four games so Dok's parents will see him for first time in six years is what Fran just said on NIT broadcast. Reminds me of Dirk's dad being there when Mavericks won the NBA. He hadn't seen him play live in the NBA I don't think

Curious: Why CAN'T Michigan beat Nova?

Yeah, that was ‘why’.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT