ADVERTISEMENT

Is Tennessee gonna be as good next year?

I think he's a very good college player. But probably not a 1st round pick JMHO. I think He'll make a lot of money somewhere if not in the NBA.
Exactly, he will stay in Knoxville next year based on what you just said.

Exactly, he will stay in Knoxville next year based on what you just said.

Maybe, Hard to say sometimes what a kid will - won't do when you have the possibility of getting paid. UK has a lot of experience in area.

Jeff,
You are really thoughtful sharing your selfless concern for a Vol athlete.:)
Put yourself in his shoes, then come back to me. I hate it, but it's the reality of the situation. That NBA window of opportunity for players like Grant Williams is extremely tight, if he's being projected into the first round of this year's draft, he would be a moron if he turned his back on it.
It's not about me being selfish, that makes no sense anyway.

Reactions: CB3UK and C*A*T*S
Put yourself in his shoes, then come back to me. I hate it, but it's the reality of the situation. That NBA window of opportunity for players like Grant Williams is extremely tight, if he's being projected into the first round of this year's draft, he would be a moron if he turned his back on it.
I said "selfless", that is the opposite of selfish. I'm saying he won't be a 1st rounder.

Bingo. If Reid Travis could be in the NBA this year after graduating from Stanford, he would be. He's at Kentucky for a reason, to learn and grow. Same for Grant Williams at Tennessee. To hear them tell it, it's because he's a good ole VFL. Gimme a break.

As smart as Grant Williams is, he doesn't need another year of college basketball. If he can get paid to play he's gone. We've had a few (very few) to come back to improve their stock. I don't think Williams can improve his stock anymore.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
As smart as Grant Williams is, he doesn't need another year of college basketball. If he can get paid to play he's gone. We've had a few (very few) to come back to improve their stock. I don't think Williams can improve his stock anymore.
Yeah, he can. He’s 6’7”. The days of Adrian Dantley, Larry Johnson, and Charles Barkley are long gone. He has to improve his handle and outside shot to be a sure 1st rounder.

Exhibit A: Jarnell Stokes. Y’all Kentucky guys remember him. Bounced around the show and D league but was a tweener too.

Yeah, he can. He’s 6’7”. The days of Adrian Dantley, Larry Johnson, and Charles Barkley are long gone. He has to improve his handle and outside shot to be a sure 1st rounder.

Exhibit A: Jarnell Stokes. Y’all Kentucky guys remember him. Bounced around the show and D league but was a tweener too.

Those guys were freaks lol. Williams is solid, but not in the same class.

It's a reality that we deal with every year. I hate it, but it is what it is. If it was my kid, I would tell him to go while he has the chance.
Maybe GW takes a chance and comes back thinking he can improve his stock, but that is a hell of a risk.

Tennessee will be really bad the next 3 years and Barnes will end up fired.
giphy.gif

Wake up little baby shark. It is time to get up and face the reality of a Big Orange Sunrise.

Reactions: BabaySharkk

You don't get it, you Vol fans are new at this. You aren't used to having players like Grant and Schofield.
The NBA drafts on potential, not what you accomplished in college.
Learn it, know it and understand it, because you're going to be tested on it.

How do you know he won't be a first rounder? I think you meant "I HOPE he isn't a first rounder".
I stated my opinions on that earlier. I personally think Williams and Schofield are more chemistry than talent. Additionally, I think he values a degree more than a UK player would.

I stated my opinions on that earlier. I personally think Williams and Schofield are more chemistry than talent. Additionally, I think he values a degree more than a UK player would.
You mean like this guy, who went pro after his junior year then came back and took summer classes until he graduated?

Reactions: JC for 3
See that's what you don't get, some of these multi million dollar players still come back to UK to finish out their classes.

However, it's very stupid to turn down an NBA deal to come back to school and go to class to earn a business degree where you most likely won't earn in a lifetime what you can make in the league in just a few years.

A good BUSINESS decision would be to go earn millions while you have the chance.

See, you are in a place all UK fans were in back in the first few years of Calipari's tenure. We really thought it was dumb for players that have accomplished very little in college, to go pro so early and miss out on "the college experience". Yeah, it took a few years, but most UK fans understand it now. We don't like it, but it's real.

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if Grant goes pro after this season.

See that's what you don't get, some of these multi million dollar players still come back to UK to finish out their classes.

However, it's very stupid to turn down an NBA deal to come back to school and go to class to earn a business degree where you most likely won't earn in a lifetime what you can make in the league in just a few years.

A good BUSINESS decision would be to go earn millions while you have the chance.

See, you are in a place all UK fans were in back in the first few years of Calipari's tenure. We really thought it was dumb for players that have accomplished very little in college, to go pro so early and miss out on "the college experience". Yeah, it took a few years, but most UK fans understand it now. We don't like it, but it's real.

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if Grant goes pro after this season.
I'm not suggesting he turn down a huge contract, I just don't see first round.

ADVERTISEMENT