ADVERTISEMENT

IQ Tests Deemed “Flawed”

Does anyone here claim to be smart? Any educators?
I’m not sure if there are any teachers on here or not? 🤔 It seems like I remember @FaithPlusOne saying he taught (?) but I might have him confused with somebody over on the FB board, IDK.

It’s probably not a news flash anyway. I think I’d seen this before. Not sure if the people who are actually more-highly educated would agree with this or not.

I’m not sure if there are any teachers on here or not? 🤔 It seems like I remember @FaithPlusOne saying he taught (?) but I might have him confused with somebody over on the FB board, IDK.

It’s probably not a news flash anyway. I think I’d seen this before. Not sure if the people who are actually more-highly educated would agree with this or not.
Imagine using the school you went to as proof you're smart....you know instead of actually saying something witty.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne

Wasn’t me. I was either too smart or too stupid.

I'm a college professor and I'd guess my IQ is higher than all of yours....combined

falcon-out.gif

I teach but that doesn't mean anything. I think IQ tests are entertaining to take but agree there are issues with them.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Sorry gang . . . looks like our MENSA membership cards are just decorative drink coasters now. :mad:

This just took a pickup line away from those that were so proud of it.

MENSA, cross fit, and Veganism. Three things that you’ll find out about a person within the first 5 minutes of meeting them. They just never STFU about any of it, but fail to realize no one cares.

What was wrong with SAT/ACT scores?
Way more accurate imo. Esp since they seperate the subjects, well on act the used to at least. U could be really good in math or science and really bad in reading and they score each subject seperately. The bad scores still bring down ur overall score but at least it shows what they teat taker is and isnt good at ie good at reading comprehension but not math or vice versa.

I wish ida took it more than once just to see if i could do better or just got lucky the first time lol but i did good enough the first time i took it my hs teacher mom told me i didnt need to take it again and that she wasnt paying for me to take it again. And i got a scholly which i guess is the whole point anyways.

But i do wayyyyyyyy to mich stupid ish to ever consider myself smart or intelligent 🤣

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Probably not too many Harvard and MIT degrees hanging next to “Best Stand Up” Awards jumpingsmile

Have to point out... The Harvard Lampoon is literally maybe the best source of comedy writers in the world.

There are smart doctors, and smart comedians, and smart teachers, and smart bankers, and smart athletes. Being smart doesn’t really connect to chosen profession, but it does increase your chance of succeeding in said profession.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Have to point out... The Harvard Lampoon is literally maybe the best source of comedy writers in the world.

There are smart doctors, and smart comedians, and smart teachers, and smart bankers, and smart athletes. Being smart doesn’t really connect to chosen profession, but it does increase your chance of succeeding in said profession.

Can’t think of any standup comics from the Harvard Lampoon, but maybe I’m missing someone.

Harvard Crimson shits on the Lampoon.

Can’t think of any standup comics from the Harvard Lampoon, but maybe I’m missing someone.

Lots of comedy writers also do standup.

And I think I took the point more to be “Harvard and Yale don’t turn out funny/witty people” more than “Harvard and Yale turn out people who WRITE and ACT funny, but who aren’t as funny live in a solo show.” But maybe I misunderstood.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT