ADVERTISEMENT

If Louisville wins, will they put up the NIT banner to replace the Natty?

Hard2Bluff

Sep 8, 2009
Central KY
Whoever wins the NIT, I always think they should have included the winner over some other bubble teams accepted into the field of 68. Hindsight, right? I think it would be respectable for UL to put up a 2018 NIT banner in it's place. Put the basketball apocalypse behind them. And if they do, will this effect the coaching hire in any way?

Doesn't the NIT champ get an auto bid to the MCAA's the following year?

Funny, I suggested that to a Louisville friend of mine the other day! Just replace the old one with new one. I like the symbolism of it. :) FWIW, UCLA put up their N.I.T. Championship Banner with their NCAA Championship Banners. Good enough for the Bruins. Good enough for the Cardinals!

MSU is running Louisville out of their own gym right now, so that banner may have to wait too.

I actually wasnt trying to be a smartass for once toward UL. Not these kids fault that had nothing to do with it or the ignorant TRUE fan base.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
If you are still pulling for UL in the NIT, Much respeck!
Why wouldn’t a UL fan pull for their team in the NIT? Did you not pull for UK when they went a few years ago?
I sure as hell pulled for UNC when they went in 2010.

Not by double digits in the second round. Now go look it up boy.
First time for everything. UNC has never gotten lucky enough to play a 12 seed & 13 seed to advance to the sweet 16.
Congrats on your groundbreaking accomplishment.
Stop being a dick & hijacking the thread.

Reactions: earsky
First time for everything. UNC has never gotten lucky enough to play a 12 seed & 13 seed to advance to the sweet 16.
What was the longest 3 point shot at the buzzer during an NCAA game?

I figured you'd switch to another name now that the wheels fell off your UNC bandwagon.

Fun fact: UNC in 1991 actually had a groundbreaking accomplishment when they went through the easiest path in history to the Final 4 - 16, 9, 12, 10, for a total of 47. Kentucky can't equal UNC's groundbreaking accomplishment this year.

IDK about UNC, but to be fair, it's not "groundbreaking" for a 13 to upset a 4. So there's been plenty of 5 seeds to start the tournament with playing a 12 & 13 seeds.

Damn, I’m living rent free in more than 1 person’s head.
You are are like rats coming after cheese. Too funny

I figured you'd switch to another name now that the wheels fell off your UNC bandwagon.

Fun fact: UNC in 1991 actually had a groundbreaking accomplishment when they went through the easiest path in history to the Final 4 - 16, 9, 12, 10, for a total of 47. Kentucky can't equal UNC's groundbreaking accomplishment this year.
Kentucky's highest total would be 45 if Loyola wins and UK wins both. Interesting.

I think we should put up a 2013 National champions banner, just leave NCAA off of it. The NCAA may not honor the championship, but the whole country watched it happen.

if a man steals millions of dollars, he is a millionaire
once he is caught, punished and the money taken back, he is no longer a millionaire
the whole country watched him also

ADVERTISEMENT