ADVERTISEMENT

If Kansas and Auburn Played This Saturday, Neutral Court; Who Wins?

Id take auburn, but ur right the uk shellacking is fresh on my mind.

still think auburn would have an advantage at the 4 for sure, and 5, pg as well. Agabaji is the only kansas player who would start for auburn imo. Not as much a knock on kansas as it sounds i just think kessler, moore, flanigan and of course smith are all super solid.

But again im biased off what i jsut saw saturday.

I think Kansas is better than the outcome of the UK game.
Auburn due to depth. People don’t realize what auburn has this season. We wear teams down. Just look at auburns differential between first and second halves this year. Auburn may not have the best 5. But we have the best 9-10. Jabari smith only averages 27 minutes a game. A top draft pick only gets 27 minutes

I wouldn't bet on Agbaji to have such a bad game twice in a row, so it would probably be significantly closer than the UK-KU game, but I'd definitely still pick Auburn to win.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I just don’t think this Kansas team is very good. The Kentucky game wasn’t surprising given how Kansas has played for several weeks.

Reactions: duckboy33
Auburn is better than we are. Kansas might make a close game out of it, but ultimately we get beat.

I just don’t think this Kansas team is very good. The Kentucky game wasn’t surprising given how Kansas has played for several weeks.
I have to agree....Outside of Abaji, no one really stand out, TBH. Kentucky never helped off him, and essentially made the others try and beat them. I'd put KU more in the 10-15 range, at best---not the Top 5. Not sure they are even Top 10.

Just b/c UK smacked KU around on their home court doesn't mean they're a bad team. Prior to the game, they had all the votes, metrics, and record to prove they're a top team. Still do.

I guess I'm still not buying AU. I know they have some decent wins, but I'm just not sold. It's more of a me thing than them.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Auburn, Kansas seems to have the same issue every year by only having one quality big.

Haven’t watched Kansas much this year but I figured Remy Martin would be a disappointment. He’s always been a chucker, careless with the ball and an average defender. People were fooled by his PPG and Hurley let him get away with that at ASU

Just b/c UK smacked KU around on their home court doesn't mean they're a bad team. Prior to the game, they had all the votes, metrics, and record to prove they're a top team. Still do.

I guess I'm still not buying AU. I know they have some decent wins, but I'm just not sold. It's more of a me thing than them.
I think you’re in denial. You need to come to terms with what AU did to UK. (Booty blasted)

When Abaji is on, yes...But when he's contain, vs the likes of a UK, etc, etc....KU is very meh. 1-5, they just don't have the horses.

anyone with length and athleticism gives them trouble. Also I don’t understand why rent doesn’t play more. The offense looks better when he’s out there from what I’ve seen.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
anyone with length and athleticism gives them trouble. Also I don’t understand why rent doesn’t play more. The offense looks better when he’s out there from what I’ve seen.

Self said that Martin is still far from 100%. Which explains a lot. He was a solid contributor early on and a lot more efficient. The offense is definitely much better when he's at full strength.

McCormack isn't 100% either. Apparently he's had issues with his foot all year, which I wasn't aware of til recently. He had surgery in the offseason but I thought he was doing fine now. Explains why he's had a lackluster year after killing it down the stretch last season.

Yikes, KU without Agbaji is not going to be a fun experience on the road. Ouch.

ADVERTISEMENT