ADVERTISEMENT

Headed to Cameron Indoor Saturday

Wife will be with me. 🙁
Welp.scratch that....

Visit the Museum of Life and Science....I htnk there is a steak place called Metro?

Or drive an hour north, and visit Danville, Va----beautiful place, with a lot of nice little shops.

Or give the wife the CC---and go find a lacrosse party.. 😁

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Welp.scratch that....

Visit the Museum of Life and Science....I htnk there is a steak place called Metro?

Or drive an hour north, and visit Danville, Va----beautiful place, with a lot of nice little shops.

Or give the wife the CC---and go find a lacrosse party.. 😁
**** that noise. The drive from Durham to Petersburg is the worst in the country.

Throw her in the mix
200.gif

Reactions: hawkit3113
Oh man, it has been a lot of years, so I might not be much help.

Campus is beautiful. I'd spend a while just walking around.

The Duke Gardens are beautiful, but not sure what the story is with them in January.

The Chapel is great, but may be closed except by appointment.

Main Street Durham is a pretty great little area... lots of good restaurants. You'd take the campus bus over from West to East campus, and then walk to it... Main Street is only a block or so off of East Campus.

Honestly, I'd recommend posting over at DukeBasketballReport... lots of alumni, so they will totally be able to guide you along, and they generally take GREAT care of visiting fans.

Reactions: Uncle Baby Billy
As a true fan of a true BLUE BLOOD, it is an honor to bestow my presence on such hallowed grounds. Tickets were cheap af.

Anything cool to do around duke’s campus besides not die in Durham?
I recommend JuJU for dinner. It is on 9th street in Durham. Asian Fusion. Delicious.

Literally sat in the rafters and felt like SRO at Auburn. Cameron is so cool. I love the small stairways to the top and the wood. Duke’s campus is beautiful. The mix of modern and old architecture is interesting.

Literally sat in the rafters and felt like SRO at Auburn. Cameron is so cool. I love the small stairways to the top and the wood. Duke’s campus is beautiful. The mix of modern and old architecture is interesting.

Glad you enjoyed it! As a fan of classic stuff over loud, modern stuff, I always adored Cameron... the wood, the brass, the blue and white... great place to watch basketball.

Glad you enjoyed it! As a fan of classic stuff over loud, modern stuff, I always adored Cameron... the wood, the brass, the blue and white... great place to watch basketball.
It truly is. Loved every minute. Next time I will spend more and not worry about hitting my head on a beam every time I stand up.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDude1
It truly is. Loved every minute. Next time I will spend more and not worry about hitting my head on a beam every time I stand up.

Hah! One night, while camping out, it was terrible weather outside, so they let us into Cameron for the night. It was an incredible experience; we had full run of the entire arena... the seats, the concourse, everything... and it was the best time. We ate pizza at center court, we played frisbee across the court... I even slept up in the crows nest, where the TV broadcast crews sit. And yeah, it is TIGHT, and steep, once you get up that high!

Man... simpler times:)

Good to see OP has chosen to avoid watching his Auburn Tigers get gang raped on their home court Saturday by tCAYTS and do something productive instead by stimulating the economy and spending money to go out. Good on you OP.

Good to see OP has chosen to avoid watching his Auburn Tigers get gang raped on their home court Saturday by tCAYTS and do something productive instead by stimulating the economy and spending money to go out. Good on you OP.
I will be there in the scholarship seats bro.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT