ADVERTISEMENT

Has your team ever Stormed the Court

I think its silly to worry about it. Most college students really aren't aware of a said school's tradition---Nor do they probably care. Hell,a large majority of the students are probably from out of state. Just kids, man. Kids having fun.

If it's mostly just the students at a basketball game and they just celebrate with their team and they're respectful of the space of the visiting team then it's all good. If it's everybody, it had better be a monumental upset. I think Michigan was like -3 or -4 entering Friday evening and this isn't a Todd Lickliter Iowa team. But it did seem on the video to just be the kids.

If it's mostly just the students at a basketball game and they just celebrate with their team and they're respectful of the space of the visiting team then it's all good. If it's everybody, it had better be a monumental upset. I think Michigan was like -3 or -4 entering Friday evening and this isn't a Todd Lickliter Iowa team. But it did seem on the video to just be the kids.
it was mostly the kids, as for rushing the court let the kids and players enjoy it, after last year disaster this was good for the fans and players,

what is truly pathetic was when ISU stormed the court after beating Iowa @ home, this after they had won 6 straight vs Iowa plus ISU was favored to win the game.

now that was/is pathetic.

nope, never been done at DePaul.

Although many years ago when I was a student I did grab the big DePaul cheerleader flag during a time out and run around the court with it a few times in my street clothes and the only person who seemed to notice was my drinking buddy Tom Kleinschmidt who was in the team huddle trying not crack up.

Ehhh. Just kids living the dream and enjoying their college experience. That's what makes college sports fun.

Reactions: Illinois0
Why is 1996 relevant? So you can forget when your team did it? Who cares if a bunch of drunk teenagers storm the court? Thinking this is some indictment on a team or program is one of the dumber things in sports history.

Seriously lol

People acting like it's 50 year old fat fans storming the court.

It's college kids who are pumped about a win. It means literally nothing about the program.

We don’t storm the court because we expect to win and beat top ranked teams. It’s not complicated. Our drunk teenagers even know this.

ADVERTISEMENT