ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga

It would.

Kentucky played Gonzaga on 11-27-2002 and beat them 80-72 in Maui. That was a good Gonzaga and Kentucky team.

I would love to see Kentucky play the dudes on a home and home every year. Of course Gonzaga or Duke, and many other "great" teams do not want any part of playing Kentucky because because over time Kentucky will own them.

That has been the case all of my life.

Well, you did lose by 34 the last time we played... And in the last 40 years, we're 8-2 against Kentucky. So, there is that.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
It would.

Kentucky played Gonzaga on 11-27-2002 and beat them 80-72 in Maui. That was a good Gonzaga and Kentucky team.

I would love to see Kentucky play the dudes on a home and home every year. Of course Gonzaga or Duke, and many other "great" teams do not want any part of playing Kentucky because because over time Kentucky will own them.

Some coaches might want to avoid Kentucky because they don't want a loss. And they are evaluated primarily by wins and losses. However, some coaches might want to play Kentucky because playing a quality team exposes your weaknesses and allows your team to learn from those experiences.

I wish Bennett would try to get more quality OOC opponents, such as Kansas, Kentucky, Villanova, etc, because those games will provide more insight than the "cupcakes". The home and home we had with Villanova helped our program more than many other OOC opponents we play.

It would.

Eh, North Carolina has been the first big name school to play Gonzaga in a home-away not including Arizona. There hasn't been another big time program that wants to run a home and home with them. I'm pretty sure Gonzaga would jump at the opportunity to do a home and home with Kentucky.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Eh, North Carolina has been the first big name school to play Gonzaga in a home-away not including Arizona. There hasn't been another big time program that wants to run a home and home with them. I'm pretty sure Gonzaga would jump at the opportunity to do a home and home with Kentucky.
If you believe that then more power to you.

However, Notre Dame sure as hell does not want to play UK based on the horrible record: 43-19.

Don't come off with playing in Freedom Hall, Notre Dame could not fill up a high school gym and they played in Louisville where someone (like me) paid big bucks to see Kentucky whip the Irish.

I don't think that they are.

But Duke sure as hell ain't going to come to Kentucky. Coach K knows what will happen.

Plus Maryland is ain't much of a basketball program.

Seems you are switching the goalposts on this thread.

Since you decided to bring Maryland into this discussion, I know they don't have a program great as Kentucky or Duke- still proud to say I witness them winning at least 1 title in my favorite sport.

Women's lacrosse?

I will admit- that was a good one dude :p- However, in 2002 Terps took down three bluebloods plus Uconn for the title.

maryland-basketball.jpg

Reactions: jhmossy

Since you decided to bring Maryland into this discussion, I know they don't have a program great as Kentucky or Duke- still proud to say I witness them winning at least 1 title in my favorite sport.

Yup. Goalposts are moving, for sure. First, the discussion was about head-to-head clashes. Now, it's ranking all-time programs. Maybe K's successor will want to play a home-and-home series with other great programs. Just know that K is adamant on the neutral court appeal, as he believes it best simulates an NCAA Tournament atmosphere.

If you believe that then more power to you.

However, Notre Dame sure as hell does not want to play UK based on the horrible record: 43-19.

Don't come off with playing in Freedom Hall, Notre Dame could not fill up a high school gym and they played in Louisville where someone (like me) paid big bucks to see Kentucky whip the Irish.
Well this was fun.

Reactions: dukedevilz

He moves the goalposts all the time. @dukedevilz gives him facts that he doesn't like and so he has to bring up championships. Since @Bert Higginbotha decided to bring championships into the discussion why stop at just basketball, lets talk about the whole athletic department. UK can't hold Maryland's jock when we talk about all sports. Congrats on the 8 basketball titles, Bert, since that's pretty much all UK has.

He moves the goalposts all the time. @dukedevilz gives him facts that he doesn't like and so he has to bring up championships. Since @Bert Higginbotha decided to bring championships into the discussion why stop at just basketball, lets talk about the whole athletic department. UK can't hold Maryland's jock when we talk about all sports. Congrats on the 8 basketball titles, Bert, since that's pretty much all UK has.

Wait, are you accounting for all of their cheerleading national titles?

Wait, are you accounting for all of their cheerleading national titles?
They give out titles for cheerleading?

So after a quick google and wikipedia browse. UK seems to have 20(thats a lot of dick sucking) cheerleading titles. Maryland has 7, we still beat them based on wikipedia. Bert can suck it.

Yea still beat them. Bert can still suck it.

Wasn't trying to pad their stats; I wouldn't count sports that aren't sanctioned by the NCAA. I was mostly going for the "your cheerleading program is better than your basketball program" angle.

Reactions: bMORE607
Holy shit.

Bring it on.

UK plays in a real football conference.

Maryland played in a basketball conference and moved to the Big Ten. Shit, the Big Ten can't compete with the SEC. Do you want to compare the titles since the champion was decided on the damned field instead of a vote?

The SEC does not play girl sports like Maryland.

They give out titles for cheerleading?

So after a quick google and wikipedia browse. UK seems to have 20(thats a lot of dick sucking) cheerleading titles. Maryland has 7, we still beat them based on wikipedia. Bert can suck it.

It's not through the NCAA, some other organization. But yeah, pretty sure Kentucky has won something like 20+ cheerleading national titles.

Yea still beat them. Bert can still suck it.

Are you drunk?

Geeze you are a turd head.

Holy shit.

Bring it on.

UK plays in a real football conference.

Maryland played in a basketball conference and moved to the Big Ten. Shit, the Big Ten can't compete with the SEC. Do you want to compare the titles since the champion was decided on the damned field instead of a vote?

The SEC does not play girl sports like Maryland.
Maryland has a national championship in football. LaughingLaughing Also love the sexist remark at the end. Typical Bert.

You think Petrusev and Suggs will be playing in Spokane next year? If they are, you guys are going to be straight filthy next year.
Really hard to tell. I doubt Petrusev stays, but Oumar Ballo tried to become eligible this year and was declined. He's been taking classes at Gonzaga and I think will be better than Petrusev. Petrusev puts up good numbers but I think he's kind of soft.

I'm really hopeful that Suggs comes next year. If we have Suggs then next years' team might be the best Gonzaga team yet. But so far we have no idea if he's coming.

I love being sexist if the word "girl" is sexist.

There are only two sexes. Girls and boys.

You can't refer to one gender without being sexist, dumb shit.
Oh God, the irony. Btw the SEC does in fact play girl sports, UF pulled a massage upset beating Maryland in women’s lacrosse this weekend. Snapped our home winning streak of some ungodly number that I don’t know off the top of my head.

Oh God, the irony. Btw the SEC does in fact play girl sports, UF pulled a massage upset beating Maryland in women’s lacrosse this weekend. Snapped our home winning streak of some ungodly number that I don’t know off the top of my head.
Maryland sports sucks. Sorry.

I know that it pisses you off but I am not responsible for that. SmokinSmile

Yup. Goalposts are moving, for sure. First, the discussion was about head-to-head clashes. Now, it's ranking all-time programs. Maybe K's successor will want to play a home-and-home series with other great programs. Just know that K is adamant on the neutral court appeal, as he believes it best simulates an NCAA Tournament atmosphere.

Yeah not sure why Bert is talking about K not wanting to come to Uk to play. Uk didn't even play a true road game until January, LOL

Zags are looking a little shaky, currently losing by 9 to San Francisco at the half. They've got BYU on the road on Saturday. If they lose one game, I think they're still a 1 seed, but San Diego State would take over the #1 seed in the West.

Reactions: Vegan Supremacist
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT