ADVERTISEMENT

FBI Basketball Probe - Defense Opening Statement Sticks it to Louisville

BasketBallJunkie-UK

Nov 18, 2011
Casey Donnelly -- attorney for defendant James Gatto, who is a former high-ranking Adidas executive who's been charged with two counts of wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud -- said in her opening statement that Gatto's orchestration of a $100,000 payment to send five-star prospect Brian Bowen to Louisville was a way to "level the playing field," according to reporters on the scene at the courthouse.

Let's throw UofL under the bus first... lol

Link-> https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ombshell-opening-statement-from-defense-team/

Last edited:
Reactions: JC for 3
Legal documentation is now able to be used by the NCAA for investigation without having to cohoberate the testimony. UL and AZ better hope the NCAA goes all North Carolina and somehow decides that paying players is outside of their scope of penalties..

In short, they are effed!!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If team is not a party to this litigation they should be given the opportunity to refute any testimony in these proceedings

Reactions: duckboy33
This thread shows the lack of knowledge any of you have about the situation. You see Louisville and automatically think it's bad for Louisville or KU, or AZ, or anyone.

I don't care to explain it either because it's too complicated for some simple minded people on here, although it's extremely easy to comprehend.

There's no "sticking it" to Louisville unless you want to believe 3 morons over the Government and Bowen Sr who is going to testify against the defendants in part that they tried to defraud these universities.

This thread shows the lack of knowledge any of you have about the situation. You see Louisville and automatically think it's bad for Louisville or KU, or AZ, or anyone.

I don't care to explain it either because it's too complicated for some simple minded people on here, although it's extremely easy to comprehend.

There's no "sticking it" to Louisville unless you want to believe 3 morons over the Government and Bowen Sr who is going to testify against the defendants in part that they tried to defraud these universities.

The problem is that one of the major things the NCAA uses to defend its rulings and punishments is, the "lack of institutional control " tag. Even if its argued that the schools were victims (which is absolutely laughable), it's not hard to say that they should have known about it. The simple fact that they didn't know is basis for the lack of institutional control tag.

I really don't know how they escape this without getting bent over. Unfortunately for you, and imo unfairly, it seems like UL has been made the face of everything that's wrong with the NCAA. Of course, having just came out of a prostitution scandal definitely doesn't help you all.

I think the only chance you all have of not having major punishment is if this case sheds light on a large number of schools. If they can show that the majority of schools do these types of things, it will make it difficult to punish anyone. But, if it stays being just a handful of schools....you need to start begging for lube!

The 3 morons and Bowen Sr are under oath and are admitting (or will admit) they broke NCAA rules but didn’t commit a federal crime.. Unless they are proven to purjor themselves, the NCAA will not only believe them but will use it to raw dog UL.

This may be too complicated for the simpletons but it’s pretty easy to comprehend.

Last edited:
Legal documentation is now able to be used by the NCAA for investigation without having to cohoberate the testimony. UL and AZ better hope the NCAA goes all North Carolina and somehow decides that paying players is outside of their scope of penalties..

In short, they are effed!!

You sound like a UK poster who said the same thing about UNC. In short he got ghost when the ruling was announced. It’ll be wise not to speculate but it looks like you can’t help yourself.

Reactions: uncfan in ky

I think you may not have read the thread title. That was the defense's opening statement. Level the playing field was the term used. I doubt the prosecution is going to take UofL's side on this....

Reactions: JC for 3
You sound like a UK poster who said the same thing about UNC. In short he got ghost when the ruling was announced. It’ll be wise not to speculate but it looks like you can’t help yourself.

Not everyone is as Teflon as UNCheat. Especially not UL. Congrats!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT