ADVERTISEMENT

Ending of my HS game last night....

Fun Stuff!
Indiana HS basketball is sooooo fun. Kid that hit the buzzer-beater hadn't hit a shot all night; SO of course he banks one in, at the horn, from 30-feet...:eek:

Notice the no-call by the official under the hoop? Soild officiating right there...:D

Good no call!
Thank ya. I thought so. I've said it on here how I hate seeing that play called a charge. Or anything . The contact had no effect on the play. None. And TBH, had I called anything, I would've called a block. But IMO, the best call was a no-call.

Reactions: RipThru
oops. Looks like someone else was videoing. LOL
tenor.gif

I love it, man. Noting better than Indiana high school basketball. Especially so here in the southern part of the state. Very good game last night. Lot of energy.

I got a lot of fam around Bloomington I should make a trip to see some

I got a lot of fam around Bloomington I should make a trip to see some
Yep. I love it. I've officiated in some big time college arena's. Worked at Hinkle as well. Though comparing the two is silly, there's nothing like HS basketball(in Indiana). Its just unique. Especially tournament time. The atmosphere's are just great. I enjoy it more than CBB.

Next time you're in Btown---send me a message. Especially if a Friday/Sat. If I'm working close, you can come out, and see how its done...:D

Reactions: pisgah101
Just to tell you guys how "serious" folks take these games, I received multiple emails complaining about me not calling a charge. I won't post the emails on here, but I;ll just say this:

It makes what UK fans said to Higgins look like church chat.:eek:

Just to tell you guys how "serious" folks take these games, I received multiple emails complaining about me not calling a charge. I won't post the emails on here, but I;ll just say this:

Just unique how it is in the state. My county in the NE corner of the state treats hoops like a second rate sport, but everywhere else it's the sport. Having great basketball teams in this area, especially in my county makes the winter season even better.

would you have given hickory a t for shooter wandering out on the court?

eky has some rivalries that match indiana high school basketball passion. clay county fans are notorious. was at a game a couple years ago in march and the whole clay county side ran on the court as soon as the horn sounded going after the refs. it was bedlam

Last edited:

I like the no-call. Let the players decide the game (which they did).

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I like the no-call. Let the players decide the game (which they did).
I just didn't feel the contact had any impact on the play. Shooter didn't bowl the guy over to get his shot. Simply made a good basketball move. Beat his initial defender. As for the defense. Didn't feel the contact effected the offensive players ability to get off a clean shot.

Contact in basketball is inevitable. The hard part is determining if said contaact has an impact on the play. i didn't feel it did.

Play on.

I just didn't feel the contact had any impact on the play. Shooter didn't bowl the guy over to get his shot. Simply made a good basketball move. Beat his initial defender. As for the defense. Didn't feel the contact effected the offensive players ability to get off a clean shot.

Contact in basketball is inevitable. The hard part is determining if said contaact has an impact on the play. i didn't feel it did.

Play on.

Agreed. That play gets called a charge way too often, when it isn't what the point of a charge is, and as you said, it didn't have any tangible effect on the play. I always get frustrated when I see it called the other way--it mucks the game up and encourages flopping.

would you have given hickory a t for shooter wandering out on the court?

eky has some rivalries that match indiana high school basketball passion. clay county fans are notorious. was at a game a couple years ago in march and the whole clay county side ran on the court as soon as the horn sounded going after the refs. it was bedlam
Umm, IDK. Doubtful. Guess it depends on what the script called for.

Basket ball in the eastern part of Kentucky(mountains) is very intense. But even there doesn't compare to some of the games(most to be honest) that take place in southern Indiana; especially rivalry games, i.e. Jeffersonville/NewAlbany, or Floyd Central/New Albany. Then of course, the games within the small communities where basketball is just life. Like the game I had Friday night. Those folks in Harrison County(South Central) love their teams. So does Mitchell. It's like that almost every night in these small towns. And even at the bigger schools as well. High school basketball in Indiana is a religion, man. Especially in the southern pasrt of the state.

Reactions: MOX-MOX
ADVERTISEMENT