ADVERTISEMENT

Emoni Bates Still got Buckets

J

Jamie Shaw

We just put him in the 2021 Rivals150 top 5, his futurecast is 100% for Memphis right now … here are some Emoni Bates highlights from Peach Jam

What are your thoughts on Bates’ game? Does he remind you of anyone?

We just put him in the 2021 Rivals150 top 5, his futurecast is 100% for Memphis right now … here are some Emoni Bates highlights from Peach Jam

What are your thoughts on Bates’ game? Does he remind you of anyone?

His fall from “greatest prospect since lebron” to “he’s still top 5 in his class” has been enjoyable.

He can’t go to the nba, not eligible for the draft due to age.

can go G league or overseas which I can see
Interesting.

Maybe he sticks it out. I haven't seen him much. Looked awful vs Ole Miss that was a train wreck I couldn't stop watching.

Reactions: JRMSU
Is someone hirt for bama i cant fogure out why the memphis/bama spread is moving so crazy

Yeah, right now they look better without him. I'm sure he will play some going forward but he cannot be the focus right now.

Yeah, right now they look better without him. I'm sure he will play some going forward but he cannot be the focus right now.
I think he's trying to do to much. Don't play PG. Maybe SF and let the game come to him.

Rumors, he's wanted to play PG and it just ain't clicking.

I think he's trying to do to much. Don't play PG. Maybe SF and let the game come to him.

Rumors, he's wanted to play PG and it just ain't clicking.

Reminds me of when Henson wanted to play the wing and Roy promised him they would try it. They did, it was a trainwreck, and Henson agreed that it didn't work. Then he took off and was great playing down low.

Reminds me of when Henson wanted to play the wing and Roy promised him they would try it. They did, it was a trainwreck, and Henson agreed that it didn't work. Then he took off and was great playing down low.
I'm not sure there's a system to allow Bates to play PG. He's not fluid. He's gaining a nickname down here of the hop stepper.

If you watch the UT/UM game, keep that nickname in mind.

Lol, ok, I will. We are doing one of our family Christmas deals Saturday though so probably won't get to see it. I'll watch them other times though. I've seen them a few times already. Tonight was the best they have looked that I've seen. That probably goes without saying though.

That dude sucks. Spare me the "he should be in high school" bullshit. He sucks in college. Heard that he hit 69 consecutive 3s in a workout once. Shooting 30% from 3 this year and taking HORRIBLE shots.

That dude sucks. Spare me the "he should be in high school" bullshit. He sucks in college. Heard that he hit 69 consecutive 3s in a workout once. Shooting 30% from 3 this year and taking HORRIBLE shots.
He'd be better if he shot more. The least amount of time the ball has in his hands the better.

Word on the street says, everyone groans when he's bringing the ball up the court.

Dude has range. He can shoot. He realizes he's one dimensional and holding fed....Penny hostage.(the rumors....did you see where NCAA/Emmert is "looking into shady deals" no one did either)

Memphis State, right now, is better with him on the bench. Not Duren. He's a stud.

It's so crazy how Emoni Bates went from "generational talent" to not even the best freshmen on a bubble team.

How is that dude only averaging 2 rebounds a game? Sheesh, man, involve yourself in the game.

Reactions: dukedevilz
How is that dude only averaging 2 rebounds a game? Sheesh, man, involve yourself in the game.

I would say maybe it's because Memphis is trying to minimize fast break opportunities... but still, when you're a couple inches shy of 7 feet and averaging the same number of boards as Kihei Clark, something is wrong.

Reactions: GE Nole and MGC_07
He's got length he should be in there fighting for offensive rebounds and maybe getting easier baskets or FTs. I haven't watched them much, but what I saw he just came off as a guy playing hero ball as they say. Dribble around look like he gets hit by a grenade right as he is going for his move or shot.

So he doesnt get the season long devin askew excuse for being young???

Yep, apparently his pops wasn't happy. They keep saying back injury, but who goes home for a while for an injury.
His dad has ruined Emoni’s career.

It sucks and Emoni would have done much better cutting his dad out of his basketball life but not sure how a minor can just cut their dad out of their life if he wants to control your youth sports career.

If you guys didn’t know, Emoni’s dad started a prep academy so he could coach his son. Emoni’s dad had zero previous coaching experience. Emoni became a toxic teammate and developed really bad habits as him and his dad believes the world revolves around them.

Another victim of constantly needing to find a player to hype as “generational.” Memphis looks leaps and bounds more impressive without him. Michigan State is the real winner here.

His dad has ruined Emoni’s career.

It sucks and Emoni would have done much better cutting his dad out of his basketball life but not sure how a minor can just cut their dad out of their life if he wants to control your youth sports career.

If you guys didn’t know, Emoni’s dad started a prep academy so he could coach his son. Emoni’s dad had zero previous coaching experience. Emoni became a toxic teammate and developed really bad habits as him and his dad believes the world revolves around them.
The fact that Jaden Akins yelled at Emoni post game about being such a selfish player and then got kicked off the team for it is just wild.

The most hyped prospect in a while to now projected out of the lottery in next years draft.

Another victim of constantly needing to find a player to hype as “generational.” Memphis looks leaps and bounds more impressive without him. Michigan State is the real winner here.
They all of the sudden are probably a team you don’t want to see in the second round of the NCAA’s if you’re a high seed.

ADVERTISEMENT