ADVERTISEMENT

Duke guys, what’s your team gonna be like next year?

Sevro

Nov 18, 2018
Fyre Island
I don’t follow recruiting at all and know little about what you’ve got coming back. I assume all the freshmen minus Baker are gone. Who runs the point next year? Will Bolden return? Looks like DeLaurier will start, right?

At the chance of a terrible jinx, you have to believe these last two years were K’s best chance to win with OAD talent. There aren’t too many Bagley and Zion’s out there.

I don’t follow recruiting at all and know little about what you’ve got coming back. I assume all the freshmen minus Baker are gone. Who runs the point next year? Will Bolden return? Looks like DeLaurier will start, right?

At the chance of a terrible jinx, you have to believe these last two years were K’s best chance to win with OAD talent. There aren’t too many Bagley and Zion’s out there.
Ask Gary 7 and Dsouthr.

Next year's team will be completely different. Boogie Ellis and Wendell Moore both shot over 40% from 3. And Matthew Hurt is arguably the best shooter in the class, so if we land him it might be back to old school Duke basketball. Although we'll have Vernon Carey inside - so that should provide decent balance. If Tre Jones leaves, I suspect we'll encourage RJ Hampton to reclassify. I don't think we'll be the favorites, but still a top 5/10 team.

Next year's team will be completely different. Boogie Ellis and Wendell Moore both shot over 40% from 3. And Matthew Hurt is arguably the best shooter in the class, so if we land him it might be back to old school Duke basketball. Although we'll have Vernon Carey inside - so that should provide decent balance. If Tre Jones leaves, I suspect we'll encourage RJ Hampton to reclassify. I don't think we'll be the favorites, but still a top 5/10 team.
So 40-0?

Reactions: Mac9192
Exactly why a sane Duke fan wouldn't provide a serious response to a troll like you. Still a dick even after Duke went further than UNC and UNc had 2 lottery picks and a total of 3 1st rounders.

Cheaters never learn.

Reactions: pisgah101
God I hate to agree with Afamu. But this thread was bait from the beginning and now you're sounding an awful lot like wall2boogie.
Nah, I can’t troll when we just got run out of the gym. I was just poking at his optimism a little bit. I think all of us (duke, UNC, and uva) lose a lot and will struggle a good bit next year.

Nah, I can’t troll when we just got run out of the gym. I was just poking at his optimism a little bit. I think all of us (duke, UNC, and uva) lose a lot and will struggle a good bit next year.
Saying that Duke could be a top 5/10 team next year is nowhere near the optimism of a 40-0 prediction. I don't know whether or not Duke will be good next year, but on paper they will be a better shooting team at least.

Saying that Duke could be a top 5/10 team next year is nowhere near the optimism of a 40-0 prediction. I don't know whether or not Duke will be good next year, but on paper they will be a better shooting team at least.
probably won't be able to guard my senior picture again though.

Breaking News: Zion, Barrett, and Reddish all annouced they’re returning for one more year. Need to finish unfinished business.

April Fools!

I just got off my home board, I think the 40-0 comment was meant for the cats. It looks like we're going to have two number one teams next year and a very good shot at 40-0, according to my home board boys.

Is it true that Patrick Williams is pushing Wendell Moore for best player in NC? I had a buddy of min in Charlotte say that but I couldn’t tell if he was being serious or not.

Is it true that Patrick Williams is pushing Wendell Moore for best player in NC? I had a buddy of min in Charlotte say that but I couldn’t tell if he was being serious or not.

Patrick Williams is a stud. I saw Wendell Moore’s team get their doors blowned off by an undefeated SW Guilford team. The Noles are getting a good one.

Reactions: GE Nole
Nassir Little is....... Outttta here

Patrick Williams is a stud. I saw Wendell Moore’s team get their doors blowned off by an undefeated SW Guilford team. The Noles are getting a good one.
“Blowned”. That English language still challenging I see. Spell check doesn’t even recognize that Fvup.

probably won't be able to guard my senior picture again though.

Who can guard this though?

weird_senior_photos_640_12.jpg

Worried about Duke's defense next year, and PG play. Assuming the 4 big freshman are gone, it's hard to see who other than Moore is going to be a solid defender, I guess White's alright coming off bench. Boogie is really good, but very much not a PG and will definitely struggle defensively. Hurt's better defensively than some think but will struggle guarding in space, see them as more of a top 20 team than top 10.

God I hate to agree with Afamu. But this thread was bait from the beginning and now you're sounding an awful lot like wall2boogie.

Yea him and another UNc fan we all know love to start bait threads and then cry when they get called out. SMH

Worried about Duke's defense next year, and PG play. Assuming the 4 big freshman are gone, it's hard to see who other than Moore is going to be a solid defender, I guess White's alright coming off bench. Boogie is really good, but very much not a PG and will definitely struggle defensively. Hurt's better defensively than some think but will struggle guarding in space, see them as more of a top 20 team than top 10.
Javin and Bolden should be really good down low defensively. Obviously Goldwire is an elite defender.

We really need Tre Jones back.

Don't know anything about Williams pushing for that, to be honest. But rivals sometimes do that. I remember Justin Jackson and Luke Kennard both saying the other player deserved the ACC POY in 2017. Moore and Williams have fairly similar stats; both would be worthy candidates. Cox Mill did beat West Charlotte earlier in the season, so perhaps that's why he's giving Moore the nod for POY.

-Wendell Moore: 25.3 ppg, 8.2 reb, 3.6 ast, 2.5 stl, 1.5 blk, 53% fg, 36% 3-pt, 80% ft

-Patrick Williams: 22.1 ppg, 9.0 reb, 3.1 ast, 1.9 stl, 2.8 blk, 51% fg, 44% 3-pt, 76% ft

ADVERTISEMENT