ADVERTISEMENT

Drunk country boy vs cougar

What’s the outcome?

• Total voters
And going from average person to average navy seal is a bit of change in criteria.

By average navy seal, you mean like .01% of the population?

Hell I challenge anyone to go catch a possum or a raccoon and kill it with their bare hands. Except no stomping bc u obv can’t stomp a cougar or larger animal.

I obv think most anyone could do it, but I also think most people are going to instantly regret it.

Guess the 200 lb chimp that bit the woman’s face off was a fatty? On roids?? A crazed chimp would be on a Navy seal before he knew WTF was going on. He’ll have to protect his face, groin, ears all at once. Think of it as walking into a windmill of teeth and claws.

You think that old lady survives a fight to the death with Brock Lesnar?

Fact:
Male chimps weigh on average 80-130 pounds.

Fact:
Chimps are 1.5x stronger than humans of the same body weight.

So a 130 pound chimp would be about as strong as your average 200 pound human.

Most trained Navy Seal and/or UFC fighters are probably twice as strong as your average human.

You are overselling the chimp wild not giving humans enough credit when you make statements liken “hell of a lot stronger than any man.”

Hell I challenge anyone to go catch a possum or a raccoon and kill it with their bare hands. Except no stomping bc u obv can’t stomp a cougar or larger animal.

I obv think most anyone could do it, but I also think most people are going to instantly regret it.

No one is talking about doing this for fun.

You put Brock Lesnar in a cage with a chimp and say only one comes out alive it sure as hell won’t be the chimp. Lesnar may not have his balls or both eyes anymore but that chimp will be killed with either blows or a chokehold. They aren’t f’ing invincible.

My 50 pound dog beat the dog piss out of a possum. I could take my dog with one hand tied behind my back. Good lord you guys are clueless.

My 50 pound dog beat the dog piss out of a possum. I could take my dog with one hand tied behind my back. Good lord you guys are clueless.

What part of “obv I think most anyone could do it” is hard to comprehend?

And saying what Brock lesner could or couldn’t do is about as relevant as me saying the dude from little people big world wouldn’t have a chance. Which is somehow slightly more relevant than what another animal (your dog) can or cannot do.

I do understand in a “kill or be killed” scenario, humans are very much capable of some ridiculously crazy things however. I mean look at dude who cut his own damn arm off while rock climbing, that’s about as tough as I can even imagine. Just almost impossible to imitate said scenario involving animals. Mainly bc ur gonna be lucky to touch a wild animal, much less kill it.

FWIW I was in tears over the do you think the old lady would stand a chance against lesner lolololol

Last edited:
I guess the more I think about it, i just think animals are tougher than the “average person” esp when it comes to pain tolerance. The average person thing is the conundrum. There’s really zero way to categorize that. I know some tough SOBs, but I know some pure puzzys as well.

I’ll pose a new hypothetical. Do you think you could pull a possum or raccoon out of a live trap with your bare hands and kill it before you drop it and it runs off?

I sure as hell don’t think I could. If I was starving to death, that obv changes things and I mean I like to think I could, but I also like to think there’s a whole slew of ppl out there a whole lot softer than me, who not only couldn’t, but wouldn’t even try out of fear and would try and go eat grass or even die before attempting it.

Last edited:
I guess the more I think about it, i just think animals are tougher than the “average person” esp when it comes to pain tolerance. The average person thing is the conundrum. There’s really zero way to categorize that. I know some tough SOBs, but I know some pure puzzys as well.

I’ll pose a new hypothetical. Do you think you could pull a possum or raccoon out of a live trap with your bare hands and kill it before you drop it and it runs off?

I sure as hell don’t think I could. If I was starving to death, that obv changes things and I mean I like to think I could, but I also like to think there’s a whole slew of ppl out there a whole lot softer than me, who not only couldn’t, but wouldn’t even try out of fear and would try and go eat grass or even die before attempting it.

Vegetarian animal that weighs roughly the same as adult humans but would absolutely wreck your world. Whitetail buck deer. If he’s got horns, ur ffcked. If they’ve shed for the year, ur still in trouble. If they are in rut, god have mercy.

Last edited:
I also feel like for every Brock Lesners out there, there’s about 10 christley knows bests.

I also feel like for every Brock Lesners out there, there’s about 10 christley knows bests.

For sure.

But the guy said “chimps are a hell of a lot stronger than any man”.

Give me most heavyweight UFC fighters, give me any 200lb+ special force military who are drained to deal with the mental aspects of going into fight for your life.

Like the video said, chimp beats aUFC fighters 6 out of 10 times. That seems about right. But my beef was with the “any man” comment.

Yea I feel where ur coming from there. Theres almost always outliers in any hypothetical scenario(ie random jogger killing juvenile mountain lion does not mean “average” jogger can kill juvenile mountain lion”

I don’t know much about anything, but certainly not primates size and strength etc. I just brought that up as a fond memory of a college buddy, who not only claimed dominance over chimps but every primate except gorillas. I asked what about orangutangs, they are effin huge. His response, “way to slow to ever even touch me” lmao can’t even make the shit up. The saddest part is he wasn’t even considering going primal like jumbo is suggesting, gouge the eyes etc, he truly believed he could box a primate to death, and don’t get me wrong he had nice hands, like he could fight, well fight .humans lol

Vegetarian animal that weighs roughly the same as adult humans but would absolutely wreck your world. Whitetail buck deer. If he’s got horns, ur ffcked. If they’ve shed for the year, ur still in trouble. If they are in rut, god have mercy.

I bet Jimbo is stronger than this guy

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yea I feel where ur coming from there. Theres almost always outliers in any hypothetical scenario(ie random jogger killing juvenile mountain lion does not mean “average” jogger can kill juvenile mountain lion”

I don’t know much about anything, but certainly not primates size and strength etc. I just brought that up as a fond memory of a college buddy, who not only claimed dominance over chimps but every primate except gorillas. I asked what about orangutangs, they are effin huge. His response, “way to slow to ever even touch me” lmao can’t even make the shit up. The saddest part is he wasn’t even considering going primal like jumbo is suggesting, gouge the eyes etc, he truly believed he could box a primate to death, and don’t get me wrong he had nice hands, like he could fight, well fight .humans lol

Haha I read a lot of animal fight stuff.... there are some good forums where people take it really serious and the matchups are really cool.

Ie:

A grey wolf would fight a striped hyena at parity (ie. 10 fights, 5 wins) but would get swept by a spotted hyena.

Tiger crushes lion.
Tiger crushes just about everything.

Last edited:
I bet Jimbo is stronger than this guy

I’m not quite sure if that deer is tame or blind and deaf. It’s one of the other though.

If Jimbo could get in behind a deers head like that, sure I’d give him a chance. But taking it to the ground and killing it with ur bare hands are very different. Plus the obvious, u can’t walk up on a wild anything from behind like that, not where I live at least. I’d like his chances against the mountain lion if I thought he would be able to walk up behind it and grab it by the head and the mountain lion just chill there like that lol

Haha I read a lot of animal fight stuff.... there are some good forums where people take it really serious and the matchups are really cool.

Ie:

A grey wolf would fight a striped hyena at parity (ie. 10 fights, 5 wins) but would get swept by a spotted hyena.

Tiger crushes lion.
Tiger crushes just about everything.

That’s pretty crazy. Where does gorilla rank, I’d like to think they’d be up there. Pita don’t wanna hear it but I’d pay good money to see some exotic animal fights lmao. March madness style bracket. I can’t even imagine. Gorilla vs bear, cougar vs wolf, gator vs tiger, that would be awesome. Hell I might even watch a sim of it

If tiger crushes everything, how far removed is a mountain lion. Both Big ass cats, not as big as a tiger, but seems like they’d have a lot in common when it comes to fighting.

Wtf Idk if it’s smart or not but I woulda been pelting it with rocks and trying my hardest to make gunfire sounds.

Just not sure how anyone could be confident against that, even ole Brock.

Reactions: brooky03
Wtf Idk if it’s smart or not but I woulda been pelting it with rocks and trying my hardest to make gunfire sounds.

Just not sure how anyone could be confident against that, even ole Brock.

I pick up a large rock and keep it in my left hand than chuck rocks with my right. That way if it charges I have something to try and bash it with.

Yea I can’t really disagree about the “survival mode” there’s really no tellin what a human might do.

Plus there’s really no way to flat out make an animal fight you even in a cage it’s gonna be hell to get a hand on a wild animal unless the cage is so small You can’t turn around.

Humans use our arms/hands better than any animals that would typically be prey. So you gotta figure the coyote, bobcat, cougar, etc wouldn’t be accounting for that. An average person can probably get their hands or arms around the neck of an animal around 100 lbs or less. Might get bitten and scratched, but once you have their neck, they’re probably done. Also, snapping the legs of an animal that size wouldn’t take a ton of effort either.

The neck thing goes both ways though. If a fully grown cougar gets to your neck, goodnight. If it’s a large cougar, like 160-200, I’d think the human is toast, regardless. Wolves and cougars are in that category where you could handle an adult on the smaller or even medium side, but the larger ones have a 95% chance of eating you if they feel like it.

Primates would be a big problem. Once they’re at a size where it’s not physically feasible to pick them up and slam their heads into the ground, you’re in for a bad time. They’re as good with their hands, more agile, pound-for-pound stronger, with sharper teeth. Chances of getting them in a headlock are slim. Slim chance of landing any kicks or punches that could do damage. F that.

Are the only two guys here on my side lurker and hail? You find out who your friends are

Your friends might be the ones who say “Don’t go getting in a fight with a cougar. Or a wolf.”

I mean, you know lurker. The guy is a trouble starter. He is just hoping that, someday, you are walking in the woods, drunk, and see a cougar, and think ‘Hey man, Lurk says I could take it!” and then hilarity ensues.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Your friends might be the ones who say “Don’t go getting in a fight with a cougar. Or a wolf.”

I mean, you know lurker. The guy is a trouble starter. He is just hoping that, someday, you are walking in the woods, drunk, and see a cougar, and think ‘Hey man, Lurk says I could take it!” and then hilarity ensues.

side note: If @JimboBBN doesn’t have a GoPro, we should all chip in to get him one so he has no excuse not to catch it on camera. Gotta wear it anytime he’s in or even near the woods.

Reactions: TheDude1
Weird. Here's a YouTube link.

That's exactly how I would picture jimbo taking on a mountain lion.
Wow. I thought you knew me, ghost.
Two thoughts: one, I would blow that things brains out the second it did anything faster than a walk in my direction. Two, I wouldn’t back away and act like a pussy. I would probably have stood my ground or advanced waving my arms like a maniac. That wasn’t a big one, I would have won.

See if I’m being honest I can see the cougar argument more than the wolf. The average person is way more ****ed against a cougar than a wolf I feel like

Who itt has been put in a life or death situation? Fight for your life? If you haven’t, then you don’t know your potential as a human. I’d bet the farm that all of us would do some extremely messed up shit to stay alive. Especially lurker.

Just try and think for a second the extremes you would go to to stay alive. You can take an average wolf and have a chance against a cougar.

Reactions: brooky03
See if I’m being honest I can see the cougar argument more than the wolf. The average person is way more ****ed against a cougar than a wolf I feel like

Problem with wolves in a real world scenario is that if you’re dealing with one you’re probably dealing with 6

Reactions: JimboBBN
Who itt has been put in a life or death situation? Fight for your life? If you haven’t, then you don’t know your potential as a human. I’d bet the farm that all of us would do some extremely messed up shit to stay alive. Especially lurker.

Just try and think for a second the extremes you would go to to stay alive. You can take an average wolf and have a chance against a cougar.

I mostly agree, btw. The caveat is technique matters some. I think you have to be mildly athletic and intuitively understand the important parts to protect. You let them get to your neck (which big cats target), you’re dead immediately, no matter the F’d up stuff you’d do to survive.

Defense wins championships.

I know the example was a cage match, but also, in the real world, carnivores don’t like a fight. If a cougar gets a high ankle sprain, it dies of starvation. Smack ‘em in the mouth hard enough and they’ll decide it’s not worth the effort. Even if they’re protecting cubs, as long as you’re backing away, they’re not interested in killing you; they just want you to leave.

Throwing stuff is the ace in the hole for humans. Arguments are made that the ability to throw heavy or sharp stuff is what got our ancestors out of the trees. They could defend themselves on the ground with sticks and rocks.

Those are called gorillas. Jk too easy to pass up. I’ve never seen a chimp that sized But besides the zoology class I took in college I really don’t know Jack shit about animals outside of cows and I don’t know a helluva lot about them.

But since we’ve expanded the grid, I will say I’m not sure How a human would kill a cow with his bare hands. Blind it maybe. Get trampled likely. Granted their like 12-1500 lbs lmao. I guess run it to death like I’ve seen a pack of dogs do lol

Run or walk it to death, that's homo sapien's greatest physical skill. Want to kill a big animal? Exhaust it first, don't fight it first. Some of us might need to do some treadmill work before we try it though.

Rule #1: Cardio.

tenor.gif

Oh, I agree.

The thing with animals... have you ever had to hold a writhing cat or dog? You know, when they are all squirming and clawing and generally going apeshit?

If a cougar was doing that... oh man. I feel like those claws would tear you to ribbons in seconds.

So, if I was being honest...

vs wolf, I give you maybe 10 percent chance to win? Maybe 15.

vs cougar, I think maybe 5 percent chance.

Oh, I agree.

The thing with animals... have you ever had to hold a writhing cat or dog? You know, when they are all squirming and clawing and generally going apeshit?

If a cougar was doing that... oh man. I feel like those claws would tear you to ribbons in seconds.

So, if I was being honest...

vs wolf, I give you maybe 10 percent chance to win? Maybe 15.

vs cougar, I think maybe 5 percent chance.
To your point, though, when you’re holding an animal who’s doing that, you’re doing your best not to hurt it. It would be different if you were actually trying to kill the withering animal. Most of the time if your cat or dog is freaking out you’re doing your best NOT to cause additional harm. So you really don’t know what you would be able to do.

Reactions: TheDude1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT