ADVERTISEMENT

Do Arkansas fans actually think Cal will succeed there?

fpr4_1983

Silver Member
Apr 9, 2024
The only way I see Cal succeeding is if he turns over his offense completely to a basketball version of an OC and defense to a DC. Or hire one person with enough knowledge for both.

Which he won't.

If anyone has ever followed Cal and analyzed his winning, they would see that it's entirely tied and correlated to having John Robic as an assistant. He has literally accomplished nothing without the man.

But I guess keep thinking you actually got something because there's an HOF next to his name, Hog fans...

Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
Arkansas has a history and Bud Walton Arena is a tough place to play. Their fanbase is up there with passion.

IDK if he will succeed or not, but he and Arkansas have both succeeded in the past.

"the surest way someone can be done if they've already done it"

Arkansas has a history and Bud Walton Arena is a tough place to play. Their fanbase is up there with passion.

IDK if he will succeed or not, but he and Arkansas have both succeeded in the past.

"the surest way someone can be done if they've already done it"
I'm not questioning if Arkansas can build a successful program.

I'm saying Cal has no history of succeeding without basically having an X&O savant to turn over the coaching to.

I’ll answer in their absence:

They do. They think that Jerry Jones’ money 💰 leads to the top ranked class, which they believe is an automatic Natty. Cal couldn’t get his top 1st and 2nd ranked classes to the second weekend of the tourney, so not sure what more money is going to do.

They do. They think that Jerry Jones’ money 💰 leads to the top ranked class, which they believe is an automatic Natty. Cal couldn’t get his top 1st and 2nd ranked classes to the second weekend of the tourney, so not sure what more money is going to do.
I think the real question is, who wins more conference games next year? Cal or Pope? We could throw Louisville in there too if you want.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Not fair......Louisville is in a tougher conference.
Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Cal realized a long time ago that he wasn’t a good bench coach and he's not interested in improving. He needs extreme talent to win, it also helps when there's a lockout that gets guys back that wouldn’t have if the draft was an option.

There are two other things though. The one guy that gave cal an elite offense, Welch, is gone and Cal went with Kenny Payne, Chin Coleman and Bruiser Flint, 3 guys that are worse than him.

And the other issue: winning is not Cal's primary passion, it's a byproduct. Heck, it's probably not even top 3 on his list of priorities. The guy gets off on telling everyone he's the reason AD, Fox, Randle, Murray, Booker, Monk etc… are in the NBA, I mean, he REALLY believes they are there because of him. Adding to HIS draft picks, is his true passion, which is weird to me. Oh he hates to lose, but he doesn't hate it enough to change his priorities.

Congrats Hog fans, he’s all yours. Players first baby.

Yes. They've obviously been paying attention to the Yankees, Cowboys and Nets the past 15-20 years...

I mean.....if the rumors about their NIL efforts are true, of course he can win. You don't have to be John Wooden if you have a roster stacked with athletic shot creators.

Is this sarcasm? Did you totally miss UK's team last year? Or the past 9?

You're saying that Calipari has no chance to succeed, no matter the talent level/NIL funds, because a few teams choked in the tourney recently? And you're asking me if I'm serious?

Reactions: fleckabelly
You're saying that Calipari has no chance to succeed, no matter the talent level/NIL funds, because a few teams choked in the tourney recently? And you're asking me if I'm serious?
He has a chance to succeed. He’s had a chance every year. The only thing I’ve seen change is the jersey.

Reactions: fpr4_1983
. . . and that’s now different how?

I'd say there are potentially a few big differences. 1) If the rumors are true that UK donors withdrew their support. Sounds like Ark donors are excited and willing to shell out the big bucks. 2) Calipari's an egotist and he's been humbled. He's probably going to be more motivated than ever.

I'd say there are potentially a few big differences. 1) If the rumors are true that UK donors withdrew their support. Sounds like Ark donors are excited and willing to shell out the big bucks. 2) Calipari's an egotist and he's been humbled. He's probably going to be more motivated than ever.
He might be, but that money isn’t going to correct his mismanagement, subpar Xs & Os strategizing. I wish them all the success UK has had recently under his reign.

Jerry Jones has been dumping money into the Cowboys for 35 years and they've had 5 playoff wins in the past 30. 😂

Because of me? Dick!

Neither of you, but the fans in general got really annoying once Joe got there. You have won exactly **** all, so how about you sit down and STFU. Way too much noise for one SB run where you still lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT