ADVERTISEMENT

Cronin to UCLA

lol. How far down was he on their wish list? Like 8th? Also, has a coach ever left his team for a program that he previously beat by 30 points just months prior? I mean, UCLA has name prestige. But California doesn't care about basketball. Be impressed with Cronin when he makes it to the 2nd weekend twice over his 7 year stint.

Since Coach K has been at Duke (Fall of 1980), UCLA has made it to the Elite 8 just six times (1992, 1995, 1997, 2006-2008). Times have changed quite a bit since Wooden left.

IMO, they wanted A list, were denied, and are looking for a coach who can get the program back to the NCAAs regularly so when they are looking for an A list coach again in 4 years they wont be laughed out of the room.

Thats been my thoughts. They just want consistency at this point. Shouldn't take much to finish top half of pac12.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
From Calipari to the mental midget Cronin. Yikes. Good riddance to that turd.

IMO, they wanted A list, were denied, and are looking for a coach who can get the program back to the NCAAs regularly so when they are looking for an A list coach again in 4 years they wont be laughed out of the room.

Nailed it

Pretty much this.

I'm glad to hear that Cronin will be changing the culture at UCLA. Pretty innovative idea, if you ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT