ADVERTISEMENT

Clown team

True but what does any other city or town in Kentucky bring to the table in terms of GDP?
Bourbon and no murder ;)

In all seriousness, the YUM! Center was made for more than just U of L basketball. There are a lot of ways they could utilize the arena (NBA) to help with the financial situation. I personally think its the best arena in the world to watch a concert at, so I'm glad its here.

Bad arena deals, holding taxpayers hostage, and fiscal irresponsibility don't have anything to do with GDP.
While it was a bad deal, it doesn't erase the fact that if it weren't for the city of Louisville....Kentucky would be a third world country. UPS, YUM brands, Brown Forman, Chruchill Downs, Humana etc. Hindsight is 20/20, and with Covid, it has only made it worse for the Yum.

Bourbon and no murder ;)

In all seriousness, the YUM! Center was made for more than just U of L basketball. There are a lot of ways they could utilize the arena (NBA) to help with the financial situation. I personally think its the best arena in the world to watch a concert at, so I'm glad its here.
I wish they would host more events.

While it was a bad deal, it doesn't erase the fact that if it weren't for the city of Louisville....Kentucky would be a third world country. UPS, YUM brands, Brown Forman, Chruchill Downs, Humana etc. Hindsight is 20/20, and with Covid, it has only made it worse for the Yum.
Well, yeah, that's how the economy works. It is controlled by the biggest cities. It's the same way everywhere. Fortune 500 companies aren't generally going to set up shop in rural areas. More people = more resources, money, opportunity, etc.

Well, yeah, that's how the economy works. It is controlled by the biggest cities. It's the same way everywhere. Fortune 500 companies aren't generally going to set up shop in rural areas. More people = more resources, money, opportunity, etc.
Right, which is my point. W/o Louisville....Kentucky would be no mans land. A literal nothing burger.

Well, I don't see the city packing up and leaving any time soon. As they're the biggest city in KY, they're supposed to be the economic load carrier for the state, so not sure what you're trying to prove.
That without Louisville the state would be a nothing burger queef in the wind, which is a fact. That’s all. Which is why I find it comical when people hate on the city itself.

Did Alabama really just lose to this guy:

Tom-Crean.jpg

Tried to tell yall bennet owns us more than cal, but probly just bc he gets to kick our ass twice a year instead of just once.
That game a couple years ago when UVA scored like 30 points in .2 seconds to beat UofL in the yum, was straight brutal.
I remember Rocky Card saying he sat in his car in the parking garage and couldn't move.
Heck, I'm not even a UofL fan and I couldn't move either, it felt like I just watched a grown man get his hymen busted.

Hey now, Big Bone Lick state park is still bringing in a few dollars here and there to contribute from my neck of the woods.

That game a couple years ago when UVA scored like 30 points in .2 seconds to beat UofL in the yum, was straight brutal.
I remember Rocky Card saying he sat in his car in the parking garage and couldn't move.
Heck, I'm not even a UofL fan and I couldn't move either, it felt like I just watched a grown man get his hymen busted.
Even moreso since they were ranked super high and we ended up missin the tourney smdh. Super brutal. Up 4-5 with like 8 secs left, pretty effin brutal.

Zion/duke comeback was just as bad lol been a rough ride

Reactions: cdbearde
Even moreso since they were ranked super high and we ended up missin the tourney smdh. Super brutal. Up 4-5 with like 8 secs left, pretty effin brutal.

Zion/duke comeback was just as bad lol been a rough ride
Yeah that was a brutal loss.

I forgot about that duke comeback.

I remember duke did that to Maryland back when Jay Will was running point. The crowd was chanting "overrated" and apparently that was the magic code word that woke duke up. I think they made up a 15 point defecit in like 2 minutes and won.

That looks like a rap sheet.

Can't he technically add another and play right away as a super senior? He's currently a 5th year but due to covid/GT rules he'd be able to play at another school.

That's got to be some sort of record.
This is his 5th year playing, he's a 6th year redshirt senior. Sat out a year after transferring from Cal to Kansas. He's no Fulkerson though. 😆

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT