ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Mack on his way out?

Yes it is going forward that matters. Reality is going to be tough for ACC schools in the next decade with the onslaught of money coming into the SEC. There is reason everyone of you would jump if you could. Clemson and fsu are begging to get out. Auburn Has been better the last 5 season than Louisville and with pearl we aren’t going anywhere. Vegas would put auburn right now as the better bet for the next 5-10 years.
That's only because of the ongoing troubles UL has had in that time period. Everybody in the country that isn't from AUburn will tell you UL is MUCH better basketball job. It's not even a debate.

Reactions: UL_1986
We have been better than Louisville the last 5 years in basketball and we are the smarter bet for the next 5-10 years over Louisville in basketball. The NIL and rich SEC schools now caring about the basketball is the worst thing ever for ACC schools. Sorry the present day reality is tough for you. Louisville being just a commuter school going to be even more glaring now
You keep talking about money; if UL wanted Pearl and Pearl wanted UL I guarantee it would happen. Money won't be the issue if he doesn't come to UL.

I stand corrected. Louisville lock. In all seriousness, he might be the only splash hire type guy out there desperate enough to take the job. They would be a match made in Heaven.
the only ones desperate for bruce to take the UL job is Kentucky fans.

In all my years I have never once seen a fanbase beg for their rival to hire a big coach MORE than the rival itself is asking for the coach.

In all my years I have never once seen a fanbase beg for their rival to hire a big coach MORE than the rival itself is asking for the coach.
You guys are delusional. What you don't understand is that as UK fans we've seen em come and we've seen em go. You guys think a dude with a 62% winning percentage lifetime is John Wooden. Nobody cares about Bruce Pearl. Except maybe Louisville. :)

Who is begging for for that? I must've missed something.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Your fanbase has acted like complete butthurt children since the loss last Saturday
Interesting. I was asking which fans are begging for Pearl to take the Louisville job. Also, butthurt is not the lingo anymore. How old are you, like 90?

Your fanbase has acted like complete butthurt children since the loss last Saturday
Could not be less true. Playing without our best guard, while getting outshot 3-1 from the FT line and all I've seen is UK fans be encouraged. Most have been trying to bring a sense of reality back to the shitty Auburn fans that think they're the top of any college basketball mountain. As I said earlier, we've seen em come and we've seen em go. Auburn has a good team; probably win the SEC, but at the end of the day it's still Auburn basketball. No matter how hard you secretly wish you were like Kentucky

I think UK fans are just giving their opinions that Bruce would do well at Louisville. If anyone is acting like children its Auburn fans for being so offended by the fact that there are better jobs out there than theirs. Its not a shocking revelation, but they are sure acting like it is. Because if anything, us thinking Bruce would do well at U of L is a testament to what he's doing at Auburn.

Reactions: rockycard
Name one successful head coach from Calipari’s coaching tree? That’s what would concern me about the hire.

Kenny has 2 national titles and comes from Denny crum...

So that gets past your " qualifications" right?

Got some red-on-black infighting going on here.

Guys . . . . GUYS! Please go on. :)

What would be your thoughts on Davenport?
I think he'd clean up the image. He is a good dude. But I don't really even know, is that even important anymore? You. have NIL, etc... people are never gonna say something like, "Oh look UofL hired Scotty they are clean now good job guys."

It's a giant rebuild now so I don't think he'd win at a high level partly because players don't know who he is and he's probably too old and fans are too impatient to let the cake bake.

I really have no idea who it's gonna be. I know I post here a lot I just like the back and forth banter I work from home have a ton of down time. I am pretty sure all the events leading up to where the program is confirms I don't really give a shit anymore. I watch the games. I root 'em on but it ends there. The team is hideous this year yet I find ways to enjoy the games in a can't look away from the train wreck kinda way. We laugh in our group texts.

Whoever gets hired will be fine with me and partly because it's gonna piss off some people that feel entitled.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Auburn fans continue to whistle past the graveyard.

"He plays the style of basketball that Louisville covets, and he will go toe-to-toe with John Calipari on and off the court, evidenced by Pearl’s six wins in the last five meetings against Calipari and Kentucky."

6 wins in 5 games... now that's impressive.

Could not be less true. Playing without our best guard, while getting outshot 3-1 from the FT line and all I've seen is UK fans be encouraged. Most have been trying to bring a sense of reality back to the shitty Auburn fans that think they're the top of any college basketball mountain. As I said earlier, we've seen em come and we've seen em go. Auburn has a good team; probably win the SEC, but at the end of the day it's still Auburn basketball. No matter how hard you secretly wish you were like Kentucky
Thanks for confirming my point

Kenny Payne +400
Scott Davenport +500
Kevin Willard +500
Steve Forbes +600
Wes Miller +700
Mark Pope +900
Chris Holtmann +1000
Ed Cooley +1100
Nate Oats +1200
Eric Musselman +1300
Andy Enfield +1500
Mick Cronin +1500
Matt McMahon +2000
Scott Drew +2500
Bruce Pearl +2500

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Kenny Payne +400
Scott Davenport +500
Kevin Willard +500
Steve Forbes +600
Wes Miller +700
Mark Pope +900
Chris Holtmann +1000
Ed Cooley +1100
Nate Oats +1200
Eric Musselman +1300
Andy Enfield +1500
Mick Cronin +1500
Matt McMahon +2000
Scott Drew +2500
Bruce Pearl +2500
"that's a bummer" - Pearl

I know this is gonna be hard to believe and what I'm about to say is what I said others would say ITT.

Scotty lives on my dad's street LOL!

He is a super nice man. He is really old though I think.
Already in his mid-60s based on my 3 seconds of research. Prob not a great option unless they just want him for a couple years to weather the storm and get things headed in the right direction.

Kenny Payne +400
Scott Davenport +500
Kevin Willard +500
Steve Forbes +600
Wes Miller +700
Mark Pope +900
Chris Holtmann +1000
Ed Cooley +1100
Nate Oats +1200
Eric Musselman +1300
Andy Enfield +1500
Mick Cronin +1500
Matt McMahon +2000
Scott Drew +2500
Bruce Pearl +2500
Gotta root for payne out of the top group imo.

Idk if pope would even be interested. No thanks on 2-4 but my opinion is worthless bc i dont even know who wes miller is 🤣

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Going to be really funny if Pearl leaves Auburn. Their fans have been absolutely hoodwinked by the guy. If you don't think Pearl would step on your head to help himself, you don't know Bruce Pearl.

Reactions: 1016CC0503
Gotta root for payne out of the top group imo.

Idk if pope would even be interested. No thanks on 2-4 but my opinion is worthless bc i dont even know who wes miller is 🤣
It seemed like some of the UNC guys wanted Miller (former UNC player in mid 2000s). He has yet to really prove anything as a coach though. Was at UNCG for a decade, now In his first year at Cincinnati after replacing the angry leprechaun.

Reactions: Villian07
I think the odds listed are reasonable. I think Louisville would love Pearl. I also think Pearl wants Louisville to want him.... but only because Auburn will give him a raise.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT