ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Mack on his way out?

Right, but its not a career achievement award.

Idk i would have given it to the first person to lead the ncaa in pts and assists in how many ever years it was but jmo.
Depends who's voting. Everyone has different criteria. Young pretty much had to do everything for Oklahoma so he always had the ball in his hands.

Reactions: Villian07
Theyve never had anyone sustain much success outside of UK, but that doesnt mean everyone wasnt trying. But ur right that a few didnt seem to give a rats ass about bball that now do. Bama/lsu/auburn for example. Florida and arky are the only two that have any real historical success sans of course UK.(that i recall)
Tennessee used to be really good.

An Indiana fan here once tried to put Chris Mack over Beilein in a top 10 active coaches list the summer after we played in the NCG twice in 6 seasons.

To this day I suffer from the rustledge
Mack is a good coach. Not JB, no. But he is good. THis isnt just wins and losses.

I think he is a good, solid coach....20-14 1st year------24-7 second year(COVID)----13-7 in a shortened season, and this year has been a train wreck with COVID, injuries, etc, etc....

IMO, he's not JUST being fired for "W's" and "L"s....MOF, if it were simply W/L's, then Louisville is ****ing stupid.
Mack wanted out Borden. He was not fired. He got cornered and pushed to changing assistant coaches after last year, messed that process up, got suspended prior to the start of this season, his AD resigned, and he ultimately tapped out before he even coached a game this year.

He approached UofL to negotiate his exit.

This is how it went down.

There’s a lot of good coaches out there, we’ll find one. They can be a good coach and still be young….
i remember that being said when Mack was hired

until the NCAA hands out the penalties i do not see any top level coach going to UL
just me guessing, i am going to assume that UL talks to the NCAA to get the punishment handed out quickly so that they can get some feelers out as to what coaches would be interested

UL deserves what ever punishment they get, but it is ridiculous how long the NCAA has dragged this out

i remember that being said when Mack was hired

until the NCAA hands out the penalties i do not see any top level coach going to UL
just me guessing, i am going to assume that UL talks to the NCAA to get the punishment handed out quickly so that they can get some feelers out as to what coaches would be interested

UL deserves what ever punishment they get, but it is ridiculous how long the NCAA has dragged this out
Honestly wouldn’t mind this scenario, and keep Peagues until the dust is settled and then begin to hire. It has been ridiculous how long this process has gone on.

There is a pretty substantial push right now for Kenny Payne.

I'm sure Twitter will be all over the place been a little busy haven't been out there reading up.

Reactions: cdbearde
Seems like a Penny type hire to me. Maybe I’m wrong.
yes-no.gif

• Haha
Mack wanted out Borden. He was not fired. He got cornered and pushed to changing assistant coaches after last year, messed that process up, got suspended prior to the start of this season, his AD resigned, and he ultimately tapped out before he even coached a game this year.

He approached UofL to negotiate his exit.

This is how it went down.
Gotcha, brother...Odd thing all around this.

Question, though----Do you think he was going to be fired, saw the writing on the wall, and just said, "**** this---I'm out"?

Pearl is not going to leave for louisville. The SEC with NLI money is so far ahead of where the ACC is. Especially when Texas and Oklahoma join. Landscape has changed
Kenny Payne only recruited
John wall
Anthony Davis
Kid-gilchrist
Big cuz
Willie cally stein
Karl Anthony towns
Bam
Skal
Pj Washington
Devon booker
Ulis
In conclusion
All big lotto’s
Bruce pearl… don’t fit the description
We do not want that sleezy bastard Bruce pearl in the ville.

• Haha
John wall
Anthony Davis
Kid-gilchrist
Big cuz
Willie cally stein
Karl Anthony towns
Bam
Skal
Pj Washington
Devon booker
Ulis
In conclusion
All big lotto’s
Payne would be a much better hire for UL. Add Peevy as AD and you guys will be straight in no time with the NCAA and on the court.

Pearl couldn't bring that.

So Jody Demling thinks Painter will listen? Would think that’d only happen for him to get some leverage for a raise from Purdue IMO.

Gotcha, brother...Odd thing all around this.

Question, though----Do you think he was going to be fired, saw the writing on the wall, and just said, "**** this---I'm out"?
I believe there was going to be a negotiation this summer and a mutual parting. But, I think things had potential to get ugly and he didn't want to deal with that end of it by staying it through. He probably was interested in protecting his resume for the next round of job openings, or round after that. This team was not going to finish with a winning record for him.

Fans can be real shitty too. This is America. There are some really shitty people that live here, and some of them are Louisville fans. He didn't even have a boss anymore. Dead man walking once the previous AD resigned.

Yeah writing on the wall sums it up perfectly.

So Jody Demling thinks Painter will listen? Would think that’d only happen for him to get some leverage for a raise from Purdue IMO.
This is funny to me only because all the Brohm talk and now somebody (not saying you) is talking Painter.

I believe what I said somewhere earlier in this thread, Twitter is gonna have so many people claim they know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy that works with a guy that has a neighbor that knows a guy that says the current coach at _____ will be the next HC at Louisville. Jody seems like a good dude but everything is a rumor.

Not gonna lie I love it for entertainment purposes. In the end people will be pissed off somewhere probably. Not me. I got the popcorn.

It is quite possible the next coach at Louisville is not on any radar right now who knows.

Seems like a Penny type hire to me. Maybe I’m wrong.
My crystal ball says...

Who da fuk no?

I get what you're saying completely though.

I know Kenny had a sweet jumper man that dude could make it rain. Denny would not embrace the 3 but Kenny still let 'em fly.

This is funny to me only because all the Brohm talk and now somebody (not saying you) is talking Painter.

I believe what I said somewhere earlier in this thread, Twitter is gonna have so many people claim they know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy that works with a guy that has a neighbor that knows a guy that says the current coach at _____ will be the next HC at Louisville. Jody seems like a good dude but everything is a rumor.

Not gonna lie I love it for entertainment purposes. In the end people will be pissed off somewhere probably. Not me. I got the popcorn.

It is quite possible the next coach at Louisville is not on any radar right now who knows.

Completely get it. Do you think a majority of your fanbase would be cool with Payne?

My crystal ball says...

Who da fuk no?

I get what you're saying completely though.

I know Kenny had a sweet jumper man that dude could make it rain. Denny would not embrace the 3 but Kenny still let 'em fly.
Kenny would bypass the folks that care about UK ties. He's UL. UK borrowed him through Calipari connections.

So many UK fans would be bummed at this hire and cause a meltdown on how Calipari "let him go", while not knowing histories of relationships.

Yeah, its gonna be fun, for sure---Always is when high-profile jobs come open. Of course K and Duke had to ruin all the fun, and announce his replacement 10 years ago....

No disrespect with this, but no chance Painter leaves Purdue. He is starting to hit gold, and building some very good teams.

Me personally brother, I liked Padgett. I thought that dude did one hell of a job. BUT, in all likelihood, probably turns into another "Mike Davis hire"---He was great year one, considering---then of course, Year 2 he plays for the title. After that, pretty much average.

What would be your thoughts on Davenport?

Yeah, its gonna be fun, for sure---Always is when high-profile jobs come open. Of course K and Duke had to ruin all the fun, and announce his replacement 10 years ago....

No disrespect with this, but no chance Painter leaves Purdue. He is starting to hit gold, and building some very good teams.

Me personally brother, I liked Padgett. I thought that dude did one hell of a job. BUT, in all likelihood, probably turns into another "Mike Davis hire"---He was great year one, considering---then of course, Year 2 he plays for the title. After that, pretty much average.

What would be your thoughts on Davenport?
Didn't Padgett coach a few games? The quadrium for UL is can they get a home run hire now or go with someone until everything is shored up. They need a President, AD, Coach and I'm guessing new BOT. Plus the NCAA.

Does the stature/money hold enough weight? NCAA is deep dicking UL right now. They need to act soon.

Didn't Padgett coach a few games? The quadrium for UL is can they get a home run hire now or go with someone until everything is shored up. They need a President, AD, Coach and I'm guessing new BOT. Plus the NCAA.

Does the stature/money hold enough weight? NCAA is deep dicking UL right now. They need to act soon.
Padgett coached an entire season...He went 22-14. Took over as HC I believe in September. Lost in the NIT. To take over THAT job, under those circunstances, and doing so , so late---to me what he did was pretty fukin' impressive.

I don't think its a job RIGHT NOW, that would attract a high profile name, i.e. Pearl. ANd not b/c UL is not a good job---it absolutely is. But due to the above you listed. Most importantly, an AD, and then NCAA.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
John wall
Anthony Davis
Kid-gilchrist
Big cuz
Willie cally stein
Karl Anthony towns
Bam
Skal
Pj Washington
Devon booker
Ulis
In conclusion
All big lotto’s
Name one successful head coach from Calipari’s coaching tree? That’s what would concern me about the hire.

Hopefully UK and Cal can hitch their watgon to Payne. Against everyone else of course.

It'll be great if Calipari retires, and we steal Payne from UL.
I thought Antigua was y’all’s new flavor of the month?

If we hire Payne, y’all wouldn’t be able to get him unless you offered him about double what Louisville would be paying him.

Hopefully UK and Cal can hitch their watgon to Payne. Against everyone else of course.

It'll be great if Calipari retires, and we steal Payne from UL.

I also want to add that if you remember, Billy Clyde was like Kentucky’s 4th option, not a desirable job for a lot of coaches.

I thought Antigua was y’all’s new flavor of the month?
As Kentucky's next head coach? LOL...no. I wouldn't want Payne either, at least not until he can prove himself as a head coach. As a 55-year-old that has never been a head coach, I have my doubts.

ADVERTISEMENT