ADVERTISEMENT

Check off the State you live ITT.

Hi everyone, I have lived in the state of NORTH CAROLINA ALL MY LIFE(69 YEARS), and I am one HAPPY REDNECK.

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only driven through. Worked in Youngstown, OH for a few months back in 2012 and then drove home. Didn't get to really see much of the state but I did pass the Mammoth Caves. I should have stopped to check them out. That's right up my alley of cool things to do for an afternoon.
As crazy as it sounds, but I first found out I was scared of heights in Mammoth Cave.

I am assuming you were stationed at Nellis? I have a lot of friends that were/are Thunderbirds. I was an F-16 crew chief about 15 years ago. We did a 2-week TDY to Red Flag in August when it was at least 150 degrees on the tarmack. Funny being that it's a "dry heat" because I was sweating my ass off running around at EOR. It was cool though, we stayed at Palace Station and I won a good amount of money over those two weeks.

Creech AFB (formerly Indian Spring AFAF), which is a satellite of Nellis about 45 miles north into the desert. I worked with the Predator and Reaper UAVs my whole career and another few years as a contractor. Thunderbirds used to practice up by us. My ex was an F-16 crew chief, and I dated a different F-16 crew chief (Thunderbirds) later, although only briefly.

One of my enlisted buddies married a chef from Palace Station (she rotated through the various restaurants), so we spent a lot of time there drinking and playing video blackjack.

Can't say I miss the ridiculous heat much, but it was always amusing to see the salt rings on your shirts after a round of golf. 2 beers in that heat and you need a long nap and a Pedialyte.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Creech AFB (formerly Indian Spring AFAF), which is a satellite of Nellis about 45 miles north into the desert. I worked with the Predator and Reaper UAVs my whole career and another few years as a contractor. Thunderbirds used to practice up by us. My ex was an F-16 crew chief, and I dated a different F-16 crew chief (Thunderbirds) later, although only briefly.

One of my enlisted buddies married a chef from Palace Station (she rotated through the various restaurants), so we spent a lot of time there drinking and playing video blackjack.

Can't say I miss the ridiculous heat much, but it was always amusing to see the salt rings on your shirts after a round of golf. 2 beers in that heat and you need a long nap and a Pedialyte.
I am familiar with Creech. I drive by there often and see the Predators/Reapers flying around. I'm sure you've seen the movie "Good Kill"... pretty decent flick. I actually enjoy the heat now. Coming from the midwest and south I would much rather have 110 degrees and almost no humidity compared to 95 and 100% humidity. Didn't like summers in the steamer!

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Born and raised between Madisonville, KY and Beckley, WV until I was moved by my coal mining father to the land of trona as a high school junior.

Kinda just stayed here in southwestern Wyoming after. Great job prospects and no state/local income taxes. Weather blows for about 3/4 of the year. We visit family in Lexington whenever we can.

Out of state tuition was too much for the family to swing at the time I was in (and out) of college. Have always planned on eventually finding my way back home though.

ADVERTISEMENT