ADVERTISEMENT

Cheating Universities/Programs

That’s simply not true. Nothing Carolina did was against NCAA rules. That’s why the NCAA couldn’t punish them.
Are you saying all of the below is legal and ok with the NCAA.

• Student-athletes were disproportionately enrolled in suspect classes.[2]
  • From the 1990s through 2011, AFAM offered two hundred lecture courses that never took place, as well as offering dubious independent study programs that required little work to complete.[2][18][31] Also, some professors never showed up to teach classes.[32] In some instances, the only course requirement of students was to submit a paper at the end of the class.[2][19][32]
  • In "dozens of instances", eight professors "were unwittingly and indirectly compromised" when their signatures were forged by others on grade rosters. However, no evidence showed that any other faculty member than Julius Nyang'oro or Deborah Crowder was involved in wrongdoing.[33]
  • Among grade changes for student-athletes, 106 were identified as "unauthorized", 454 as "potentially unauthorized", 373 were "inconclusive", and 203 were legitimate

• From the 1990s through 2011, AFAM offered two hundred lecture courses that never took place, as well as offering dubious independent study programs that required little work to complete.[2][18][31] Also, some professors never showed up to teach classes.[32] In some instances, the only course requirement of students was to submit a paper at the end of the class.[2][19][32]
  • In "dozens of instances", eight professors "were unwittingly and indirectly compromised" when their signatures were forged by others on grade rosters. However, no evidence showed that any other faculty member than Julius Nyang'oro or Deborah Crowder was involved in wrongdoing.[33]
  • Among grade changes for student-athletes, 106 were identified as "unauthorized", 454 as "potentially unauthorized", 373 were "inconclusive", and 203 were legitimate
Considering the NCAA cleared UNC, I guess so.

Send the NCAA your post and let us know what they say. Laughing

That’s one of the reasons he left school early.
He would have had to raise it to a 2.0 to be eligible as a senior.
He was ineligible for the majority of his career. UNc knew and cheated. Just look at the transcript.

You hole fans make me laugh.

He was ineligible for the majority of his career. UNc knew and cheated. Just look at the transcript.

You hole fans make me laugh.
Maybe he should’ve went to NC Central to get his grades up.... oh wait, wrong school.

Reactions: Deezheelz
My brother played lowly D3 football and he took a college credited independent study w his coach. Guess what? He went to his coach’s house and picked up sticks in his yard. That’s about it. That’s what a D3 all-conference safety gets away with. Imagine D1 student-athletes. Oh wait. I have put many former students into D1 schools for athletics, and partied w a lot in college, and almost all of em have similar stories. Annnnnd, guess where most of em went? The B1G. Lol. Some people are so fvcking naive.

We don't have petting puppies and rocks for jocks classes for nothing. Ag Journalism was a quite popular major for the athletes.

Reactions: 829305
Maybe you should have completed the 5th grade. Then you would know how to speak proper English.
I’ll be in the 5th grade next year. Thanks for the concern.
Amazing how Dook fans hate to talk about NC Central.

And your little feelings are hurt because it wasn't the outcome you wanted. You aren't alone Fil. Winking
giphy.gif

I’ll be in the 5th grade next year. Thanks for the concern.
Amazing how Dook fans hate to talk about NC Central.
Could care less. Kids these days take classes all over the place. NCAA approves so I don’t care.

And your little feelings are hurt because it wasn't the outcome you wanted. You aren't alone Fil. Winking
I just laugh at you cheater fans who thought it was all over and people would forget about it. But here you are defending your school years later. Enjoy that for ever and ever.

I went to Murray State, and I didn’t play sports at all and I had a class that was nothing but turning in a 30 page research paper, on a topic approved by my advisor. I did mine on alternative energy vs fossil fuels, and I can guarantee my advisor never read it, he probly had a TA make sure it wasn’t plagiarized, read it over and slap an A on it. And I got three credit hours in my major for writing that paper, no classes, no lectures, nothing except approving my topic and then writing the paper. So that’s not completely unheard of nor unethical. Now whether the players actually wrote their own papers is another argument, bc even at lowly Murray state the football and basketball players were frequently in the easiest classes and majors available. So to think unc is the only school that cuts academic corners for athletes is about as naive as thinking that the only schools paying players are the ones the FBI caught.

Especially with so many kids only staying in college for 1 or 2 years, they could fill out their schedule with all easy classes like coaching volleyball or scuba diving which were some of the ridiculous courses Murray State offered while I was enrolled there (04-09) Hell even athletes that graduated could have done so in independent studies, which basically means u don’t have a major but u have enough credit hours to graduate, I had a friend do that at Murray, then went to grad school in my major. But if anyone thinks “student athletes” are held to the same academic standards as regular students, u are very mistaken. Don’t get me wrong I know some student athletes took/take their education super serious and their curriculum would be closer to that of a normal student, but those student athletes are in the vast minority, bc most, especially at big time programs, their dream is to play in the nfl/nba/mlb, not trying to land a “regular” job within their major.

Last edited:
Dude is to dense to know when he contradicts himself. Like they say, you can't fix stupid.
Are you so dense that Duke students taking courses at NCCU that is set up between the schools is the same as what UNc did. You can’t be that stupid. Oh yeah, you are a teacher. Couldn’t compete in the real world.

Are you so dense that Duke students taking courses at NCCU that is set up between the schools is the same as what UNc did. You can’t be that stupid. Oh yeah, you are a teacher. Couldn’t compete in the real world.

Wrong again doofus, I'm not a teacher....RollLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT