ADVERTISEMENT

Bonzie Colson Broke His Foot

IrishInOntario

Feb 21, 2009
Out eight weeks. Was averaing 21 and 10 on a team that struggles on the glass!! Was just named ACC player of the week. Gotta feel for the guy. What a shitty way to essentially end an otherwise fantastic college career. Would have been a First Team All American

Welp... Good luck in March boys! No idea how Brey can overcome this with 3 early L's, two to meh teams in Ball State and Indiana.

Reactions: TheWizardofOz12
Yeah, I really like Colson. Hate this for him and ND.

It's moments like these that you should be thankful that you cheer for a team that recruits like Carolina does and can absorb major injuries like this. Sadly, for Notre Dame this will be like the year that ND lost Jerian Grant at Christmas for academics. I'll be shocked if we win 4 more games the rest of the way.

That is awful to hear. If you are a college basketball fan and are not a Bonzie Colson fan, I don't think you are a college basketball fan. He has his way with Duke, but there is nothing in me that is thankful that we don't have to face him this year. Hate it for him.

Reactions: GE Nole
Dude, that is awful.. esp since he's a senior.
Hoping he heals quick and sound and we see him ball out in the ACC and NCAA tourneys.

Sending obligatory
tots_and_pears_by_jmr_art-daaei7a.jpg

Dude, that is awful.. esp since he's a senior.
Hoping he heals quick and sound and we see him ball out in the ACC and NCAA tourneys.

Sending obligatory
tots_and_pears_by_jmr_art-daaei7a.jpg

No NCAA Tourney for the Irish this year I'm afraid sir. Maybe ND can make a run to the NIT.

This is like Xavier losing Trevon Bluiett, except ND plays in the much tougher ACC.

Tough blow. He's been a heckuva of a player. I enjoy watching him play - hopefully we'll see him in the postseason tournaments and in the professional ranks.

Notre Dame might struggle to make the tournament, but the good news is they have ACC road games against Georgia Tech, NC State, Boston College, and Wake Forest. Winning on the road is tough, but those four games should be somewhat winnable.

Matt Farrell just left the game for Notre Dame with what looked like a bad ankle sprain. Irish are up 12 at half but have now lost Bonzie Colson and Matt Farrell in consecutive halfs... Good God what did Mike Brey do to incur that kind of horrible luck!?

ND beat NC state by 88-58 without their two best players....... hmmmmmmm

ND beat NC state by 88-58 without their two best players....... hmmmmmmm

NC State is not very good and on top of that they were ice cold from the field all night. This game was not indicative of how ND will play in the ACC without Colson and Farrell. I think you'll see a much more sobering effort in the Carrier Dome in our next one.

ADVERTISEMENT