ADVERTISEMENT

Board Gladiators

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
Some recent threads appear to have posters with agendas to passionately harass, disprove and belittle one another (and I wouldn't have it any other way. jumpingsmile ) . One can't help but wonder "Do you enjoy the opportunity to bait and battle, or is it just coincidence that it turns out so serendipitous?"

I've had some pants-pissing laughs at some of our board gladiators' comments too. I laughed so hard at WojoRising's "Sorry. Ugh." comment today that it made me wonder who likes to stick it to others for the sheer joy of it? Here's who I think enjoys the battle:

@WojoRising, @uncfan in ky , @HRTheCard, @Matt Laurer, @pig1960, @lurkeraspect84, @JimboBBN , @UL1986, @bkingUK , @TheDude1, @wardhawk , @jhmossy, @Dattier, @LetsGoDuke301 , @829305 , @IUfanBorden , @tw3301, @rockycard, @Quavarius

Don't feel jilted if you didn't make the list because truthfully I've hated most of those on the list (not all) at one point or another, but it's still a kick-ass group.

Last edited:
Some recent threads appear to have posters with agendas to passionately harass, disprove and belittle one another (and I wouldn't have it any other way. jumpingsmile ) . One can't help but wonder "Do you enjoy the opportunity to bait and battle, or is it just coincidence that it turns out so serendipitous?"

I've had some pants-pissing laughs at some of our board gladiators' comments too. I laughed so hard at WojoRising's "Sorry. Ugh." comment today that it made me wonder who likes to stick it to others for the sheer joy of it? Here's who I think enjoys the battle:

@WojoRising, @uncfan in ky , @HRTheCard, @Matt Laurer, @pig1960, @lurkeraspect84, @JimboBBN , @UL1986, @bkingUK , @TheDude1, @wardhawk , @jhmossy, @Dattier, @LetsGoDuke301 , @829305 , @IUfanBorden , @tw3301, @rockycard

Don't feel jilted if you didn't make the list because truthfully I've hated most of those on the list (not all) at one point or another, but it's still a kick-ass group.
Haha...I love you man. And **** you too.

Edit...seriously this board has been a game changer for me. Getting perspective from die hards cbb nuts who support other teams has been really good for me. 99% of my interactions have been positive from my point of view. Good people.

SlimInfatuatedGraywolf-size_restricted.gif

Haha...I love you man. And **** you too.

Edit...seriously this board has been a game changer for me. Getting perspective from die hards cbb nuts who support other teams has been really good for me. 99% of my interactions have been positive from my point of view. Good people.
Saying IU fans were "buttswallowing cucumbers" and calling them "hilljacks" is just something you never forget. RollLaugh

Saying IU fans were "buttswallowing cucumbers" and calling them "hilljacks" is just something you never forget. RollLaugh
Had fun with that one. Funny thing - some of my favorite posters are the IU regulars...good guys except for that one glaring deficiency they have in common. Same for Duke, UNC and UK posters - expected to hate them all but have been happy to be wrong on most counts. Guys and girls who just love CBB and happen to root for the wrong teams.

Reading through your list, it’s like some names I’m cool w being on there. Others make me feel like I need to reassess my (message board) life.

Had fun with that one. Funny thing - some of my favorite posters are the IU regulars...good guys except for that one glaring deficiency they have in common. Same for Duke, UNC and UK posters - expected to hate them all but have been happy to be wrong on most counts. Guys and girls who just love CBB and happen to root for the wrong teams.
This, TBH, this place is therapy for me. My get away place. Just go in my room, kick back, turn on SC, and hang out on Rivals. I cannot honestly say there is anyone on here I do not like. I just don't always agree with their opinions. Rather it be basketball, politics, or what not. But that is what makes this board fun. If I wanted to be on a message board where everyone agreed, I go to RR....:D

Really the only time I get "confrontational" is when talking officiating. I guess its b/c I take a ton of pride in what "I" do. Plus I know how hard the game is to call. One thing I have taken away from the board, is fans are more knowledgeable of the officiating aspect that I expected. SOme of the responses on here are, well, really good. I just wish more could understand the dynamics that go into calling a game. That not every call is a said officials call. Or why a said official makes a call; or doesn't. But hey, if you guys knew that-------You wouldn't need ME.:D

Reactions: npreston
SMILE..with tongue sticking out

and I love WHIPPING SOME DONKEY!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: HRTheCard
This, TBH, this place is therapy for me. My get away place. Just go in my room, kick back, turn on SC, and hang out on Rivals. I cannot honestly say there is anyone on here I do not like. I just don't always agree with their opinions. Rather it be basketball, politics, or what not. But that is what makes this board fun. If I wanted to be on a message board where everyone agreed, I go to RR....:D

Really the only time I get "confrontational" is when talking officiating. I guess its b/c I take a ton of pride in what "I" do. Plus I know how hard the game is to call. One thing I have taken away from the board, is fans are more knowledgeable of the officiating aspect that I expected. SOme of the responses on here are, well, really good. I just wish more could understand the dynamics that go into calling a game. That not every call is a said officials call. Or why a said official makes a call; or doesn't. But hey, if you guys knew that-------You wouldn't need ME.:D
Zebras have stripes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT