ADVERTISEMENT

Best thread ever

@JimboBBN , we don't have any pets right now. My dog made it to 15 years old and I had to have her put down. She was having seizures a lot and she never came back from her last one. It was actually on Christmas morning 4 years ago.

tenor.gif

I always said I wouldn't cry when she died, but I cried. I am a big pussy.

Here are a couple of pictures of her and the runaway cat.

20180730_172443_zpssfvqr37d.jpg

Resized_20131030_141751_zpsro863rev.jpeg

Those were taken about 2 months before she died. My wife knows an artist in town that does animals. She had him do one of my dog. I just took a picture of the picture. Haha.

20180730_173323_zpsipjsdsxb.jpg

I want to get a dog, but I will have to just get one and bring it home without telling my wife. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Sorry for your loss. Very nice drawing.

Let me introduce you to the fattest dog you will ever see! His name is Yogi, and he's a lab mix rescue. Unfortunately, after multiple tests trying to figure out why his thyroid cant properly manage his weight, we found out its because he has a tumor on his thyroid. Initially we were told that in the vets 30+ years, he had the lowest thyroid levels she had ever seen. So we put him on medication to raise those levels and it turned him into a gog that literally was going crazy. He would stand in front of a wall for hours just blankly staring at it. Until finally he would start running full speed straight into the wall. Then he would get up and repeat the whole process.

When we took him back, now we were told that even after a very small dose, the medication has now caused him to have the highest levels she has now seen. Then we found out it was a tumor unfortunately. We saw 2 separate vets about it and were told both times that he wouldn't last more then 3 months. They both said that he didn't seem like he was in pain at all and until hes in pain theres no point to put him to sleep. He would just experience odd mental behaviors at times.

We got his diagnosis of 3 months max 2 years ago this past may. He's still the same mentality crazy dog he always was. But, he's a happy crazy dog and so what if he wants to look at walls all day!
Yogi

Hi JimboBBN, the only thing that a dog asks of you is water, food and love, and they will die for you. I have been bless my entire life with dogs as pets. I have had every dog you could ever desired. German Shepherds are, to me, the greatest dogs in the world

Reactions: JimboBBN
Puppies be crazy. Cute and fun. But they're a lot to handle, especially when you have two small kids. Needless to say, we threw in the towel after 6 days. This happened earlier this month, so still fairly recent... Maybe we'll have another go-around in a few years.

puppies_zpsgy46tpp2.jpg

Puppies be crazy. Cute and fun. But they're a lot to handle, especially when you have two small kids. Needless to say, we threw in the towel after 6 days. This happened earlier this month, so still fairly recent... Maybe we'll have another go-around in a few years.

puppies_zpsgy46tpp2.jpg
Did you shoot them?

I can’t post a picture but I have a 5 1/2 year old Chocolate Lab that weighs around 70-80 pounds. There’s never a dull moment with him and he always keeps me entertained. I’ve had several dogs throughout my life. We’ve had everything from small dogs (Miniature Poodles) to big dogs (St Bernard). I’ve also had a few cats but I’ve always had bad luck with cats which is why I’m more of a dog person.

Have two, one a pit bull/border collie mix and the other, her father, a border collie. Will try to post pictures in a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT