ADVERTISEMENT

App St coach Dustin Kerns...

ABVolsFan92

Gold Member
May 31, 2012
@dukedevilz him being a North Carolina man do you know anything about this guy. Had an insider tell me he will be seriously considered as our next head coach when Barnes retires. depends on how soon before he gets scooped up by another major program.

@dukedevilz him being a North Carolina man do you know anything about this guy. Had an insider tell me he will be seriously considered as our next head coach when Barnes retires. depends on how soon before he gets scooped up by another major program.
How old is Barnes? He doesn’t appear so old he is almost ready to hang it up.

I used to follow App State's program very, very closely. Someone from my hs played there a few years back. And then I watched one of their practices while I was visiting Boone. But, since they left the SoCon 10 years ago, I haven't kept close tabs on them.

I don't have any special insight on Kerns. I do know that App State led the nation in blocked shots last year. It seems like Kerns is more defensive-minded. And beating Auburn and sweeping James Madison was certainly a big deal. I do wonder how his team will do this year after having one key player graduate, and other star players transferring to Georgia, Wake Forest, and Murray State. I don't doubt that his name is in the conversation, but if App State has a mediocre year, which is what I'm kind of anticipating, I can't imagine he'd be the top candidate.

Reactions: ABVolsFan92
ADVERTISEMENT