ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here play a musical instrument?

Play Guitar /Bass / Keys / Mandolin /Vocals . Have a studio and way to many plugins, hardware and Amps. Takes lots of time to do all this stuff.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Man. That song took me back, I haven’t heard that in a while. Classic. Nice,
My early childhood was reading at 60's/70's album covers....and all that entailed.

Loving and knowing so much music is a double edged sword. I wake with earworms almost daily. May pick them up during the day. Sometimes I like the song. Others I don't(one one has sympathy for a bad earworm).

Sometimes I wake up and know the song but can't find it (usually listening to it helps), it's in another language. Spelling out sylables in another language isn't fun. The song is there. I can't hear beats and sing/kind of.., enough to sound it out and find it.

Sorry for the earworms you won't find later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
k8NJSuE.gif

Played fiddle and steel guitar growing up. My grandparents played bluegrass/gospel . PaPa taught he how to play the fiddle/steel guitar.

I havent played either since his passing in 2000. Just don't have the love anymore.

Flute, clarinet, oboe, sax, trumpet, French horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba, percussion, piano, violin, viola. Varying degrees of skill, from bad middle school player (like flute or piano) to solid high school player (trombone and some others) to “literally a professional musician” on tuba, my main instrument.

Been a musician since 1998. I play bass, drums, piano, guitar, banjo, ukulele, mandolin and harmonica.
Harmonica is such an underrated, beautiful sounding instrument...

Why you bumping this nonsense from 11 months ago? It's basketball season again. Stop cluttering up the board with off-season junk. Put it in the nonsense thread. 😂
It's barely started fucnut and this post was from Dec. 15th 2021. Well after the season started.

trailer-park-boys-boom.gif

I regret no blowing the horn more in HS. It wouldn't have amount to much probably (like most things I was interested in), but would still be fun to play.

Never too late to play for fun. There’s even a group in Lexington (they still seem to exist according to Facebook) called New Horizons, the entire premise is to get adult beginners (also “lapsed” musicians so to speak) a chance to play music together.

I had to co-direct the group for a semester in college so I could qualify do my student teaching, it was a cool group. Did a fun blend of “classic band” stuff like marches as well as more pop style tunes. It’s more laid back than a typical community band (which would tend to have a lot of current or former band directors as members). I really enjoyed working with them.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I can play the opening to Motley Crue’s “Home sweet Home” and Bryan Adams “Everythihg I do I do it for you” on piano. I can also play “Ice Ice Baby” on a guitar but that’s absolutely it. No musical talent at all for me.

Guitar since I was 16. I'm an acoustic finger picker.

Same, on and off on guitar since I was about 14. Swapped to bass about 15 years ago and wondered why I ever picked up a guitar. Now I only occasionally play my acoustic. Been working on a finger pick version of the song I posted in my thread about Durham. Its usually a strum song but I am working on a modified Travis style version of it.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Same, on and off on guitar since I was about 14. Swapped to bass about 15 years ago and wondered why I ever picked up a guitar. Now I only occasionally play my acoustic. Been working on a finger pick version of the song I posted in my thread about Durham. Its usually a strum song but I am working on a modified Travis style version of it.
Right on man! Yeah, my wife said I should have switched to bass years ago because of my style of play. I just never took the plunge. I will pick it up soon though just to noodle around. I like playing anything from bluegrass to classical although I am moderately gifted musically. I've had to work to get to the level I play now days. God I wish I was one of those musicians where it just comes naturally.

Slappa da bass.

Right on man! Yeah, my wife said I should have switched to bass years ago because of my style of play. I just never took the plunge. I will pick it up soon though just to noodle around. I like playing anything from bluegrass to classical although I am moderately gifted musically. I've had to work to get to the level I play now days. God I wish I was one of those musicians where it just comes naturally.

I took a long break from playing anything, just lost motivation really. I vowed this past Jan to start again and MAN am I out of shape chops wise lol. Its getting better though, I soothed my nerves with a new bass and amp purchase ( sold one of my old bass's and the huge Bassman 400 stack I had ). I have really enjoyed getting back into it but I cant play half the stuff I used to right now.

I took a long break from playing anything, just lost motivation really. I vowed this past Jan to start again and MAN am I out of shape chops wise lol. Its getting better though, I soothed my nerves with a new bass and amp purchase ( sold one of my old bass's and the huge Bassman 400 stack I had ). I have really enjoyed getting back into it but I cant play half the stuff I used to right now.
I only stopped playing once in my life for a couple years. I'll tell ya, losing your calluses and then having to go through the month of pain to get them back sucks. My fingers bled some when I was a teenager developing my first set and then being older going through it again hurt like a mfkr.

Reactions: Deepelm
I only stopped playing once in my life for a couple years. I'll tell ya, losing your calluses and then having to go through the month of pain to get them back sucks. My fingers bled some when I was a teenager developing my first set and then being older going through it again hurt like a mfkr.

I use flatwounds on my bass's now, so I have no callus. And BOY do I feel it when I work on that acoustic song lol. Its good pain though.

I use flatwounds on my bass's now, so I have no callus. And BOY do I feel it when I work on that acoustic song lol. Its good pain though.
Oh I soldiered on through it because it's worth the pain. I have used flatter strings before to test them out and I just didn't adapt well to the difference I guess.

Reactions: Deepelm
Oh I soldiered on through it because it's worth the pain. I have used flatter strings before to test them out and I just didn't adapt well to the difference I guess.

I thought about putting some flats on the acoustic too but I wasnt sure what it would do to the sound. The ones on the bass are amazing though. The sustain is crazy, I can hit the low E and it just rings for like 2 min. The one bass I have round wound on does not do that. I wish it was easier to post pics on this site.

I thought about putting some flats on the acoustic too but I wasnt sure what it would do to the sound. The ones on the bass are amazing though. The sustain is crazy, I can hit the low E and it just rings for like 2 min. The one bass I have round wound on does not do that. I wish it was easier to post pics on this site.
Word.

ADVERTISEMENT