#3 for UNC is always looking like he saw his first titty

ncrebel574

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2004
929014812.jpg.0.jpg

Platek_Andrew_el_88.jpg

cnipakpddsbxunrwfsei

Andrew+Platek+NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+First+JkptetTfl6Xl.jpg

State probably going to have a parade tomorrow. They just won their second national championship.

State probably going to have a parade tomorrow. They just won their second national championship.
Let’s stay on topic here. Please start a new thread about the State parade. Preciate it

Good win for you guys. Until they fire Davis and stop playing Leaky this team is going to take a lot more Ls.

Good win for you guys. Until they fire Davis and stop playing Leaky this team is going to take a lot more Ls.
Not really a tournament resume building win unfortunately. Really needed to beat Saint Louis. Let’s keep the focus on #3 up in here.

Not really a tournament resume building win unfortunately. Really needed to beat Saint Louis. Let’s keep the focus on #3 up in here.

Eh, like always UNC will still go farther than State when it matters. And if Platek (#3) were to play the minutes over Leaky then UNC probably wins by 10 or so. But he didn't.

Reactions: tarwhiz
Eh, like always UNC will still go farther than State when it matters. And if Platek (#3) were to play the minutes over Leaky then UNC probably wins by 10 or so. But he didn't.
Your anger is palpable (stealing this from @Matt Laurer). If only State had their full squad and “omg it’s in” face had played more minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: RichardMassive
Your anger is palpable (stealing this from @Matt Laurer). If only State had their full squad and “omg it’s in” face had played more minutes.

Lol, yeah, I'm furious. Yeah, little white guy could have carried us if he just took a few more threes. Then we could have shot 20% instead of 16% maybe. Could have been the difference.

When I first saw platech in the UK/unc game I thinking did Roy give luke Mayes little brother a scholarship as a favor or is someone hurt and that’s a walk-on.

Seriously though is platech a recruited scholarship guy? I’ll be that guy, he doesn’t looks the part of a blue blood shooting guard, well not since the 70s at least.

When I first saw platech in the UK/unc game I thinking did Roy give luke Mayes little brother a scholarship as a favor or is someone hurt and that’s a walk-on.

Seriously though is platech a recruited scholarship guy? I’ll be that guy, he doesn’t looks the part of a blue blood shooting guard, well not since the 70s at least.

This was during the NCAA cloud. He wasn’t even top 200 in his class.

You get minutes at AFAM U by how long you have been there. Therefore, why Leaky and Platek see the floor over much more talented players. Stay 4 years, you get a fake degree, a car and untold minutes.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Don’t they have two already?

I have no idea. It was just a joke.

Yeah, like faith said, he was recruited during the crap when Roy was desperate. Still, he is way better than Leaky. When Harris comes back (if he comes back as it seems his recovery has hit a snag) both of their minutes will decrease significantly I hope.

Luke Maye's little brother is actually coming to be the next stud QB at UNC. We are a football school now. Screw basketball.

What’s the deal with Leaky? I feel like he’s regressed so much since his freshman year.

What’s the deal with Leaky? I feel like he’s regressed so much since his freshman year.

He hasn't really regressed. Just hasn't gotten better. He has been the same guy since he was about 15. Expecting that to change now is lunacy IMO.

You get minutes at AFAM U by how long you have been there. Therefore, why Leaky and Platek see the floor over much more talented players. Stay 4 years, you get a fake degree, a car and untold minutes.

No wonder duke out recruits them. Zion got three luxury cars for just one season.

I’m asking why you want him fired lol

I know. I'm just trying to be nice.

One of the things he was supposed to do when he came in was help with shooting and instead it has cratered. It can't just be misfortune that every shooter we bring in gets worse while there. Something has to be going on. Almost every game I watch there are people all over the place who can at least make a few shots. It's inexcusable for that not to be the case at UNC.

Reactions: KUhawks34
I know. I'm just trying to be nice.

One of the things he was supposed to do when he came in was help with shooting and instead it has cratered. It can't just be misfortune that every shooter we bring in gets worse while there. Something has to be going on. Almost every game I watch there are people all over the place who can at least make a few shots. It's inexcusable for that not to be the case at UNC.
Ha, I knew you were. I just didn’t know the specifics. UNC has definitely lacked shooters similar to UK.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Some kids can shoot, some kids can’t. If was easy to coach a player into being a great shooter, every basketball player would be a great shooter.

Too many are caught up with college coach development. Hubert Davis isn’t telling the UNC players anything different, or practicing different drills than every other shooting coach in the nation that makes unc players into worse shooters. UNC has just recruited so many guys over the years that just weren’t good shooters. Leaky black comes to mind as does Theo Pinson, and besides Luke Maye I can’t remember too many big men at UNC who could knock down the deep ball.

Honestly I can’t even remember the last Tar Heel that was known as a dead eye from deep. UNC is more known for their athletes and big men than shooters over the years imo.

But Even guys with crazy work ethics and practicing all the time, becoming a better/good shooter is not something that can be guaranteed. Look at a guy like Ben Simmons. Uber talented, but can’t shoot a lick. Do you not think he tries to become a better shooter, working with the best basketball minds in the nba, yet 3-4 years in and he still can’t shoot a lick.

Shooting is kinda weird imo, bc in theory any player should be able to practice their form enough to become a competent shooter, yet we see soooooo many guys year in and year out who are great basketball players but just can’t shoot. Westbrook is another nba star that comes to mind, who can do literally anything you’d want on a basketball court, except shoot, the most basic skill to the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Velo1
Some kids can shoot, some kids can’t.

Even with crazy work ethics and practicing all the time. Look at a guy like Ben Simmons. Uber talented, but can’t shoot a lick. Do you not think he tries to become a better shooter, working with the best basketball minds in the nba, yet 3-4 years in and he still can’t shoot a lick.

Shooting is kinda weird imo, bc in theory any player should be able to practice their form enough to become a competent shooter, yet we see soooooo many guys year in and year out who are great basketball players but just can’t shoot. Westbrook is another nba player that comes to mind.

I’m sort of with you. Two years ago we had a really good shooting team. Some of the issues now may be poor spacing, some of it may be new guys who mentally aren’t prepared for the size and speed of defenders at this level, and some of it might just be recruitment of too many guys who aren’t good shooters.

I have heard the criticisms of Davis because our guys aren’t good shooters, but I’m not sure if it’s correlation or causation.

Some kids can shoot, some kids can’t. If was easy to coach a player into being a great shooter, every basketball player would be a great shooter.

Too many are caught up with college coach development. Hubert Davis isn’t telling the UNC players anything different, or practicing different drills than every other shooting coach in the nation that makes unc players into worse shooters. UNC has just recruited so many guys over the years that just weren’t good shooters. Leaky black comes to mind as does Theo Pinson, and besides Luke Maye I can’t remember too many big men at UNC who could knock down the deep ball.

Honestly I can’t even remember the last Tar Heel that was known as a dead eye from deep. UNC is more known for their athletes and big men than shooters over the years imo.

But Even guys with crazy work ethics and practicing all the time, becoming a better/good shooter is not something that can be guaranteed. Look at a guy like Ben Simmons. Uber talented, but can’t shoot a lick. Do you not think he tries to become a better shooter, working with the best basketball minds in the nba, yet 3-4 years in and he still can’t shoot a lick.

Shooting is kinda weird imo, bc in theory any player should be able to practice their form enough to become a competent shooter, yet we see soooooo many guys year in and year out who are great basketball players but just can’t shoot. Westbrook is another nba star that comes to mind, who can do literally anything you’d want on a basketball court, except shoot, the most basic skill to the game.

Eh, they have also recruited many guys who were supposedly decent or good shooters. Then they struggle while here. I'm mainly joking about Hubert, though he was supposedly brought in to help with shooting and that has not happened. Even FT percentages have been crappy for the most part. I don't expect a guy like Theo Pinson to become some epic shooter but do expect someone like Kenny Williams or Brandon Robinson, guys who really had one thing they did well and were brought in to do, to be decent shooters. I'm probably just frustrated with how bad they have been though. I don't doubt that.
Cam Johnson was great from outside so he would have been the last one. He also didn't start out of UNC but became a good shooter elsewhere. Coby White could maybe be in that category as well, then Justin Jackson before him (though his percentage was pretty bad until his junior year).

I have no idea. It was just a joke.

Yeah, like faith said, he was recruited during the crap when Roy was desperate. Still, he is way better than Leaky. When Harris comes back (if he comes back as it seems his recovery has hit a snag) both of their minutes will decrease significantly I hope.

Luke Maye's little brother is actually coming to be the next stud QB at UNC. We are a football school now. Screw basketball.
You won’t like being a football school. There are basically 4 schools that make the playoffs every year and you ain’t one of them

You can't remember how long? Cam Johnson? Two years ago shooting was the best thing thst team did. Coby white, Luke Maye, Cam Johnson.
Last couple of years has been dreadful from 3 and the line.

ADVERTISEMENT