ADVERTISEMENT

21-22 season: Big 12, 9. SEC 7.

KStateFootball82

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2017
4-6 last night but….the scheduling sucked for us and Baylor with no Cryer (KU embarrassing regardless)…still:

Tech: Beat Tennessee
OU: Beat Florida and Arky
KU: beat Mizzou
Kstate: Lost to Arky
TCU: beat A&M

= 9-7

• Wow
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'm still pretty much shocked by last night, but in a good way. I knew we were good with a full compliment of players, but I didn't expect KU to react or not react in the way they did.

KU just didn't match the toughness and intensity. Its one of those things that happen and KU will learn from it. Sounds like Self was trying to instill more of it but wasn't where he wanted it.

I'm still pretty much shocked by last night, but in a good way. I knew we were good with a full compliment of players, but I didn't expect KU to react or not react in the way they did.

KU just didn't match the toughness and intensity. Its one of those things that happen and KU will learn from it. Sounds like Self was trying to instill more of it but wasn't where he wanted it.
Let's be honest...Kentucky has the more talented and athletic roster. It is what it is. Self has beaten plenty of teams with superior talent/athleticism over the years, but on a night like that when everything's falling, good luck.

KU has one McD's AA and he's an unreliable stiff with stone hands who managed to regress this year. The rest are mostly fringe top 100 players with decent athleticism at best. Remy Martin has been disappointing, although partly due to injury. Agbaji is great, but as we saw last night, if you devote a lot of attention to him and he has an off night, they can labor to score consistently.

The NCAA cloud has had a huge impact on recruiting for years now. With solid coaching, they've managed to stay relevant and even managed to have the best team in the country in 2020. But it's started to catch up to them the last two years. That said, they still have a chance to win a really good league and earn a high seed. But it's not a vintage KU roster.

Plus KU was spent from going all out to beat Texas Tech in Lawrence.

The big 12’s top two ranked teams were no shows OP. How was Baylor getting Alabama a bad matchup for the big 12? Would you have rather switched with Oklahoma and okayed at auburn? I mean Kansas got Kentucky at home. What more did you want?

The big 12’s top two ranked teams were no shows OP. How was Baylor getting Alabama a bad matchup for the big 12? Would you have rather switched with Oklahoma and okayed at auburn? I mean Kansas got Kentucky at home. What more did you want?
Dang AuHoosier he does not know how hard it is to get you and me agreeing. :)

I remember the discussion on how strong the Big 12 was and how weak the SEC was. Then when the challenge comes along and the lower ranked, or unranked SEC teams won (except LSU) he comes up with that. Hard to believe.

Dang AuHoosier he does not know how hard it is to get you and me agreeing. :)

I remember the discussion on how strong the Big 12 was and how weak the SEC was. Then when the challenge comes along and the lower ranked, or unranked SEC teams won (except LSU) he comes up with that. Hard to believe.

I don't remember anyone saying the SEC was weak this year. SEC fans are just programmed to whine about disrespect.

• Wow
The issue was not that people were saying the SEC was weak. The issue was people saying the big 12 was clearly better.
I don't know many who said that either. But yeah, many said it's better. And I don't see a reason to change that opinion.

I mean your highest ranked team got beat by a 4-4 sec team.

an

Without their best player. Leave Jabari Smith at home and go play in Texas Tech's house and see how it works out for you.

Btw, if you want to play that game, a 3-loss SEC team lost to a 3-loss Big 12 team by 26. And a 5-loss Big 12 team beat a 5-loss SEC team by 17. Not to mention one of your best teams (LSU) lost to one of the weakest Big 12 teams.

Reactions: TechFan88
Without their best player. Leave Jabari Smith at home and go play in Texas Tech's house and see how it works out for you.

Btw, if you want to play that game, a 3-loss SEC team lost to a 3-loss Big 12 team by 26. And a 5-loss Big 12 team beat a 5-loss SEC team by 17. Not to mention one of your best teams (LSU) lost to one of the weakest Big 12 teams.
Alabama lost just last week to Georgia. Who was 0-7 in league play at the time. The worst team in the SEC. Texas tech doesn’t have a loss that bad.

Clearly better? That's some serious homerism. I'd like to know how you draw that conclusion.
I could have elimiated the clearly better part.

Head to head matchups last weekend. Cmon EF..... We're a little more top heavy, you guys a little more even. I don't think there's a huge gap. But we've got braggin rights lol.

Looing at Kenpom. the 2 conferences are really close.

So when Ok and UT come on over, are we stronger, weaker or about the same?

• Wow
Auburn beat a UK team that basically did not have Washington and Wheeler.

I say that made a difference. However, Auburn is one fine team.
Wheeler wasn’t making the difference up.
Hopefully AU makes it far enough in the SECT to play UK again.
talking a lot for a team that’s only won one legit game away from rupp arena this season

• Haha
talking a lot for a team that’s only won one legit game away from rupp arena this season
Go ahead and name your best road win.

Untitled.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT