ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Pick 'Em, Final Standings

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Alright gents, time for another season of Pick 'Em. Not a ridiculous amount of quality games this week, but all 6 of these games will feature top 50 teams.

For the team that you have the most confidence in winning that week, assign them a value of 6 points; for the team that you think has the second highest chance of winning that week, give them a value of 5 points, and so forth. Each poster can have their lowest weekly total waived from their cumulative score. And I'll include double-point weeks occasionally.

Last year, I frequently included 7 games with the idea that roughly 1 game a week would be canceled. I'm going back to 6 games a week, as I don't foresee too many cancelations this year.

Week 1 Games
Tuesday: Kansas vs. Michigan State (New York, NY)
Tuesday: Kentucky vs. Duke (New York, NY)
Friday: Villanova at UCLA
Friday: San Diego State at BYU
Saturday: Texas at Gonzaga
Sunday: Florida State at Florida

@duckboy33 @MGC_07 @Kevin Bryan @Jaycg15 @ExitFlagger @SheriffBufordTJustice @WestTexasRaider @GE Nole @Demarcus Kidd-Miller @IUfanBorden @WeAreDePaul @bMORE607 @rockycard @AWilli6995 @coryfly @jhmossy

6 - Kansas
5 - Gonzaga
4 - UCLA
3 - BYU
2 - Duke
1 - FSU

6-Kansas
5-Gonzaga
4-BYU
3-UCLA
2-Florida State
1. Duke

Alright gents, time for another season of Pick 'Em. Not a ridiculous amount of quality games this week, but all 6 of these games will feature top 50 teams.

For the team that you have the most confidence in winning that week, assign them a value of 6 points; for the team that you think has the second highest chance of winning that week, give them a value of 5 points, and so forth. Each poster can have their lowest weekly total waived from their cumulative score. And I'll include double-point weeks occasionally.

Last year, I frequently included 7 games with the idea that roughly 1 game a week would be canceled. I'm going back to 6 games a week, as I don't foresee too many cancelations this year.

Week 1 Games

@duckboy33 @MGC_07 @Kevin Bryan @Jaycg15 @ExitFlagger @SheriffBufordTJustice @WestTexasRaider @GE Nole @Demarcus Kidd-Miller @IUfanBorden @WeAreDePaul @bMORE607 @rockycard @AWilli6995 @coryfly @jhmossy

Can you post last year's final standings? I don't remember if I did well or just finished in my usual 8th place spot thanks solely to good attendance?

Reactions: duckboy33
Can you post last year's final standings? I don't remember if I did well or just finished in my usual 8th place spot thanks solely to good attendance?
I don't know where else to say it, but thanks for the Tim Anderson/Paris Parham trade.

Looking forward to another season of this. Thanks for setting it up again!

6: Gonzaga
5: UCLA
4: Kansas
3: Florida
2: BYU
1: Duke

Reactions: dukedevilz

Doesn't your wife usually make your picks or is that one of the other losers here?

• Haha
6-Duke
5-Kansas
4-Gonzaga
3-Florida State
2-Villanova
1-BYU

Week 1 Games

6 Kansas
5 FSU
4 Duke
3 BYU
2 UCLA
1 Texas

We probably lost 10 or so posters to attrition. These are the final standings I posted last year...

Final Scores
MEDALS

dukedevilz- 290, 1st Place
@duckboy33- 276, 2nd Place
@MGC_07- 265, 3rd Place

REST OF THE PACK
@Kevin Bryan- 250, 4th Place
@Jaycg15- 248, 5th Place
@ExitFlagger- 247, 6th Place
@SheriffBufordTJustice- 241, 7th Place
@WestTexasRaider- 227, 8th Place
@GE Nole- 223, T-9th Place
@Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 223, T-9th Place
@IUfanBorden- 222, 11th Place
@WeAreDePaul- 212, 12th Place
@bMORE607- 208, 13th Place
@rockycard- 206, 14th Place
@AWilli6995- 199, 15th Place

Not a whole of variation with the picks. Not a single poster has Michigan State or San Diego State winning. Just a 1 or 2 picked Villanova and Texas.

I think the home court advantage is what's most tipping the scales... And I'm sure most are aware of this, but Jalen Wilson won't be playing in the Champions Classic.

Not a whole of variation with the picks. Not a single poster has Michigan State or San Diego State winning. Just a 1 or 2 picked Villanova and Texas.

I think the home court advantage is what's most tipping the scales... And I'm sure most are aware of this, but Jalen Wilson won't be playing in the Champions Classic.

BYU vs. San Diego State surprises me a bit. I know I picked BYU but I struggled with that one. I wouldn't be shocked if SDSU beats them.

We probably lost 10 or so posters to attrition. These are the final standings I posted last year...

Final Scores
MEDALS

dukedevilz- 290, 1st Place
@duckboy33- 276, 2nd Place
@MGC_07- 265, 3rd Place

REST OF THE PACK
@Kevin Bryan- 250, 4th Place
@Jaycg15- 248, 5th Place
@ExitFlagger- 247, 6th Place
@SheriffBufordTJustice- 241, 7th Place
@WestTexasRaider- 227, 8th Place
@GE Nole- 223, T-9th Place
@Demarcus Kidd-Miller- 223, T-9th Place
@IUfanBorden- 222, 11th Place
@WeAreDePaul- 212, 12th Place
@bMORE607- 208, 13th Place
@rockycard- 206, 14th Place
@AWilli6995- 199, 15th Place

Last year was just awful. You’d find at tip off that certain players were out. I wish that everyone could have just quarantined for 48 hours like Kentucky did instead of playing Texas. 😀

BYU vs. San Diego State surprises me a bit. I know I picked BYU but I struggled with that one. I wouldn't be shocked if SDSU beats them.

Yeah, that wouldn't be the least bit surprising. Those two schools have had a lot of close battles, and they're old conference rivals, too. The road team has even won the last two years. Albeit, no crowd last season... Matt Bradley and Nathan Mensah make a solid 1-2 punch. And SDSU has a very elite defense. Teams are fairly even, though I think BYU has more overall talent. Lucas and Traore will be nice additions.

6 - Gonzaga
5 - BYU
4 - Florida
3 - Kansas
2 - Villanova
1 - Kentucky

read em and weep bitches!

• Haha
you can change it all you want, but when you look in the mirror all you're gonna see is the guy who picked against his favorite team until he felt guilty about it a few days later. have fun living with that for the rest of your life.
The only consolation to UK losing to Duke Tuesday is knowing I picked it right itt

ADVERTISEMENT