ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loser of the OSU/UM game isnt getting in. I think that's fairly clear right now.

I want Clemson and TCU to both to run the table and force the committee to put in an SEC team with a loss over either one of them
Agree completely.

The committee will put 3 SEC teams in before they put 2 from the B1G.

I’m hoping for TCU and Clemson to stay undefeated and for Georgia, Tennessee, and Bama all finishing with 1 loss. That way multiple fanbases are pissed about being left out

• Wow
Reactions: ConqueringHero
Tied with DIII St. Olaf at half-time!!!!!! I'm not going to fret though. Battle and Garcia are both out along with Carrington, who will possibly start as well.

Actually 100% sober.. it must be the " DERANGED" coming out.. or maybe it's being fed up with disgusting asshole PIGS WHO bully kids online as well as their mothers because they wanted to have the recruitment experience!!?
Meth is one hell of a drug.

Reactions: bMORE607
Do you call the round of 64 “play in games” to the round of 32? Why not?

What do you consider the first round of the tournament?
The NCAA considers "play-in"games as the NCAAT----So I mean, what? IU's win vs Wyoming counts as an NCAAT win....So if the NCAA see's that way, whats the deal?

Attacking someone 10 on 1 is worse than 1 on 1.

Attacking someone by swinging a helmet at them is worse than a punch/slap.
100%----Should be charged----And could be charged. That could easily catty a charge of using a deadly weapon, or a weapon of force, that could cause serious bodily injury, and/or death. Swinging that helmet is serious shit, man...

The NCAA considers "play-in"games as the NCAAT----So I mean, what? IU's win vs Wyoming counts as an NCAAT win....So if the NCAA see's that way, whats the deal?

What was Indiana “playing in” to? The tournament. Wyoming’s season was over before the first round started.

I will continue to laugh at the expense of fans who brag about losing a play in game.

Reactions: 210WoodBoiler
Full-Play-In-Tournament-Bracket-16x9-1-768x432-copy.png

I don’t follow the NBA. Do NBA fans consider all of these teams as teams that made the playoffs?

Just like MSU made the postseason but not the tournament would be the better analogy
I mean we are arguing terminology. What part of the postseason did MSU make? Wasn’t the NIT. We made March Madness and lost in the playin to the field of 64. It still counts as a March Madness tournament appearance by all of the sources I’ve previously linked.

Our streak of still participating in March Madness for like 25 years in a row is still alive, but you can say our streak of making the field of 64 is over. But no one really counts that as the barrier, I mean just look at all of the sources I’ve linked that agree our NCAA tournament appearance streak is still alive.

I mean we are arguing terminology. What part of the postseason did MSU make? Wasn’t the NIT. We made March Madness and lost in the playin to the field of 64. It still counts as a March Madness tournament appearance by all of the sources I’ve previously linked.

Our streak of still participating in March Madness for like 25 years in a row is still alive, but you can say our streak of making the field of 64 is over. But no one really counts that as the barrier, I mean just look at all of the sources I’ve linked that agree our NCAA tournament appearance streak is still alive.

What part of the postseason do NBA teams make? The play in tournament.

MSU made the play in game portion of the postseason and lost this not playing their way in to the tournament.

Congrats. Huge year 😂

What was Indiana “playing in” to? The tournament. Wyoming’s season was over before the first round started.

I will continue to laugh at the expense of fans who brag about losing a play in game.
NCAA recognizes it as an NCAAT appearance-----as an NCAAT win. End of discussion IMO. No different than all those pre-BCS/Playoff football titles. It was part of the system....First Four is part of the system. I mean do we not count VCU's Final Four? Or UCLA's?

The NCAAT consist of 68 teams, Hail.

Just like MSU made the postseason but not the tournament would be the better analogy
So Michigan made the post season in 2016, but not the tournament? If so, might wanna contact UM AD and tell him to please remove that 2016 NCAAT appearance....give back that 2016 NCAAT money(ya'll used to that.... 😁 ).....

NCAA recognizes it as an NCAAT appearance-----as an NCAAT win. End of discussion IMO. No different than all those pre-BCS/Playoff football titles. It was part of the system....First Four is part of the system. I mean do we not count VCU's Final Four? Or UCLA's?

The NCAAT consist of 68 teams, Hail.

What were you playing in to?

So Michigan made the post season in 2016, but not the tournament? If so, might wanna contact UM AD and tell him to please remove that 2016 NCAAT appearance....give back that 2016 NCAAT money(ya'll used to that.... 😁 ).....

Michigan won their Play In game and thus played their way into the tournament. They lost in the first round Notre Dame.

I’m not bragging about losing a play in game obviously wasn’t a great year but it didn’t end our 20+ year streak of making March madness.

I’m aware what the NCAA considers “making the tournament”. I’m laughing at you for using losing the play in game as a bragging point when I say MSU has struggled lately.

The NBA and NCAA uses different semantics to define if making the play in game an play in tournament count as making the tournament/playoffs. Using either of them as “no we didn’t struggle because we made (and lost) in the play in game” is funny to me.

I’m aware what the NCAA considers “making the tournament”. I’m laughing at you for using losing the play in game as a bragging point when I say MSU has struggled lately.

The NBA and NCAA uses different semantics to define if making the play in game an play in tournament count as making the tournament/playoffs. Using either of them as “no we didn’t struggle because we made (and lost) in the play in game” is funny to me.
He didn't use at as a bragging point----you did. He basically said making the First Four extended MSU's consecutive NCAAT streak----And it did.

didn't take a single B1G player. Speaks volumes to how down the league is this year.

Thought about taking Dawson Garcia in Round 12. He was my second choice. Should have reasonably gaudy stats. But, he does play for Minnesota. So, wins will probably be hard to come by.

Kris Murray was the 4th Big Ten player taken at #30. Between picks 31-73, only Terrence Shannon at #47 was drafted. Not a whole lot of All-American potential after the elite 3 bigs, Murray, and Shannon. Lots of decent players. But, no obvious stars.

Thought about taking Dawson Garcia in Round 12. He was my second choice. Should have reasonably gaudy stats. But, he does play for Minnesota. So, wins will probably be hard to come by.

Kris Murray was the 4th Big Ten player taken at #30. Between picks 31-73, only Terrence Shannon at #47 was drafted. Not a whole lot of All-American potential after the elite 3 bigs, Murray, and Shannon. Lots of decent players. But, no obvious stars.
Yep. Garcia was an option but win shares might be hard to come by. Also, I think 3rd team All B1G is his ceiling because I don't see Minnesota finishing higher than 11th or 12th in the B1G and top players on bad teams rarely get 1st or 2nd team nods.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yep. Garcia was an option but win shares might be hard to come by. Also, I think 3rd team All B1G is his ceiling because I don't see Minnesota finishing higher than 11th or 12th in the B1G and top players on bad teams rarely get 1st or 2nd team nods.

Part of me wouldn't be surprised if Garcia and Battle both averaged north of 20 ppg... and their next leading scorer will be at around 7 ppg. Those two are going to have to carry a serious load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT