ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs. Indiana 12/9

So this game was the all time has been classic. Been 30 years since either team won a title............ and both will miss the tournament this year also

UK doesn't look that good this year, not saying we're better, but for Kentucky fans to gloat about this years squad is fvcking laughable.
Yes. Being top 15 in kenpom and shooting 52% from the floor with all freshmen. Jeez do we su k.

Reactions: BlasterCat0512
I mean yeah, it's at Rupp...the refs..I mean the cats always find a way to win at Rupp. However, I'm not impressed at all with their squad. If Kansas didn't shoot miserably in that game, it should of been a 15-20 point loss for UK.
Are you really this dumb? When you drive into 6'10 players with 6' guards, you are going to have a low shooting %.

Going into today Kentucky SOS was 230 and Louisville’ 231, we played #79 while y’all played 134...,

You can't argue with crazy. There's a reason why he has almost 20k messages and only 3,000 likes. And there's a reason why a lot have him on ignore.

Reactions: American Male
King, Adel, Perry, Nwora. Don't act like we can't shoot.
Adell is shooting 20% from 3....Perry 25%....King/Nwora have shot well. Williams entered the game 3-12 on the year, and hit his first three attempts. UL entered the game shooting 33%. Started 1-11, then hit 8 of their next 11. It's no big deal. You guys shot abnormally well from three; As did IU in the 1st half(5-11). Then we couldn't throw it in the ocean in the 2nd half(0-15).IMO it played a huge role in the game.

Congrats on the win.

Louisville was the better team.
Meh......Not really. They were better at hitting their three's. Other than that, I felt IU was pretty darn good. Shot 50% on 2pt shots. We got their bigs in foul trouble. Our bigs were 12-19, and had 31 points and 16 rebounds. We handled their pressure for the most part. Tied in rebounds. Our issue: We couldn't hit a three(2nd half) to save our life. And I mean a lot of wide open looks.
Bert had you told me before the game that IU would shoot 5-23 from three, and our second leading scorer(Robert Johnson) would not score(0-6, 0-4 from three, and we'd have 15 turnovers----Well, I'd told ya we'd lose by 25.

Hell Bert if we shoot 30% from three in the 2nd half, we win the damn game.

Louisville won. Credit earned and given. But I'm not sure they;re the better team. Just happened to get hot from three, and it brought them out of a 10-point hole. I mean IU was in complete control for most of the 1st half. And if not for some sloppy ball handling, some easy misses, IU easily could led by 15 or more.

Tough loss honestly. Felt we should'vewon the game. Just didn't shoot well enough to do so. Add that to Johnson laying a big ****ing zero in the scroing column, and well---you ain't gonna win.

But again----credit to UL. They stepped up and hit some shots. Tighten their "D" when needed. Deserved to win.

Adell is shooting 20% from 3....Perry 25%....King/Nwora have shot well. Williams entered the game 3-12 on the year, and hit his first three attempts. UL entered the game shooting 33%. Started 1-11, then hit 8 of their next 11. It's no big deal. You guys shot abnormally well from three; As did IU in the 1st half(5-11). Then we couldn't throw it in the ocean in the 2nd half(0-15).IMO it played a huge role in the game.

Congrats on the win.
Idk, the stats don’t show it, but the potential is there I️ guess is what I’m trying to say. Your squad this year is fun to watch, the game could’ve gone either way tbh.

Meh......Not really. They were better at hitting their three's. Other than that, I felt IU was pretty darn good. Shot 50% on 2pt shots. We got their bigs in foul trouble. Our bigs were 12-19, and had 31 points and 16 rebounds. We handled their pressure for the most part. Tied in rebounds. Our issue: We couldn't hit a three(2nd half) to save our life. And I mean a lot of wide open looks.
Bert had you told me before the game that IU would shoot 5-23 from three, and our second leading scorer(Robert Johnson) would not score(0-6, 0-4 from three, and we'd have 15 turnovers----Well, I'd told ya we'd lose by 25.

Hell Bert if we shoot 30% from three in the 2nd half, we win the damn game.

Louisville won. Credit earned and given. But I'm not sure they;re the better team. Just happened to get hot from three, and it brought them out of a 10-point hole. I mean IU was in complete control for most of the 1st half. And if not for some sloppy ball handling, some easy misses, IU easily could led by 15 or more.

Tough loss honestly. Felt we should'vewon the game. Just didn't shoot well enough to do so. Add that to Johnson laying a big ****ing zero in the scroing column, and well---you ain't gonna win.

But again----credit to UL. They stepped up and hit some shots. Tighten their "D" when needed. Deserved to win.
Okay, Indiana was the better team. Are you happy now.

Usually the team that shoots best and plays defense best wins. But not in Louisville yesterday.

Okay, Indiana was the better team. Are you happy now.

Usually the team that shoots best and plays defense best wins. But not in Louisville yesterday.
This is ironic coming from a fan of a fan base that screams this exact sentiment every time UK loses.
I felt we should have won the game. THis was a game I felt Indiana let slip away. I mean we were 5-11 in the 1st half from three. Then went 0-12 in the second half. Story of the game, Bert. We missed a ton of wide open three's. I mean it wasn't like UL was terrific or something, defending the three. We got the looks we wanted. Just didn't hit them.

But hey, I guess only that team in Lexington is the team that loses games where they were the better team. Or felt they were. My bad.

Idk, the stats don’t show it, but the potential is there I️ guess is what I’m trying to say. Your squad this year is fun to watch, the game could’ve gone either way tbh.
I can get that. I feel the same with IU. Stats do not show it, but we have some really good shooters; Green, Hartman and Johnson. I mean I'm at a loss for words with RoJo, man. Just so disappointing with him. Dude shot 42% from three as a soph. Knock down shooter, man. But since he has been shit.

It was a good game really. Thought both teams did a helluva of a job responding to the others "punches". IU had a chance for a possible knockout, midway through the 1st half; Up 10 and had the ball three straight times. But didn't expand the lead. Then what happens? Yep, you guys start hitting shots, and BOOM---It's a one point game. Huge turning point right there.

Good luck this year my man....

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
I watched the game and let's not act like IU was shooting threes in an open gym. UL's defense shook IU.

I don't buy any game where "team a was wide open and just not hitting shots"

I watched the game and let's not act like IU was shooting threes in an open gym. UL's defense shook IU.

I don't buy any game where "team a was wide open and just not hitting shots"
You sure you watched the game? Of IU's 23 attempts, I would bet more than half were wide open looks that just didn't drop. Yes UL's defense gave IU some issues. But then again, Indiana did shoot 50% from 2pt range, against a team that was averaging 8 block shots per game,while holding opponents to 36% percent shooting. "Only" turned it over 15 times. So yes, while the defense did cause IU problems, it didn't cause that many problems. We just simply missed a ton of wide open three's.

Hell ask any UL fan on here. They'll concur. One fan even stated, "love our defense on IU, and those wide open looks they are missing".

I just think your dislike for IU is getting in the way of you giving any other type of opinion. But I will be certain to recall this statement when your boys shoot 5-23 and you make the comment of--"yeah, but we missed a tom of open looks". And you will say this.

..........in defense of me...........

Now UofL fans understand why scheduling IU was not such a good idea. Louisville soundly beat Indiana but Indiana is the better team.

I am one of the rare UK fans that also attended UL. UL never did a bad thing to me, but my business courses that I took there at night made a very big difference in preparing me for my career. How can I not love UL?

I love Kentucky and I love Louisville. That is hard for some folks to comprehend. I root for UK over UL but when UL is playing someone other than my wildcats I am a Cardinal. It really seems simple to me. Also I attended Western Kentucky and I sort of like them also.

Go figure!

When it was 23-13, Louisville was 1-10 from 3 and Indiana was 4-6. Once water found its level, Louisville took control.
Huh? Control? Ummm, IU led at half. UL didn't take it first lead until the second half. UL never led by more than three until 7:40 of the 2nd half. It was a 3 point game with a minute to go.

How does this equate to "control"?

..........in defense of me...........

Now UofL fans understand why scheduling IU was not such a good idea. Louisville soundly beat Indiana but Indiana is the better team.

!
Bert you are a terrific guy. But your hate for Indiana makes you a terrible poster. In no way shape or form did UL "soundly" beat IU. That is noting more than a very, very biased, and hate filled statement. You know what you just said isn't even close to the truth. But when it comes to IU, the truth is someting you're not capable of.

I mean I may take my shots at UK. But when something is what it is, I speak the truth. It may pain me, but I do.

Did you have Bob Myers for business statistics? He was the crazy cajun guy that looked like a cartoon character.
I know a Bob Myers but I never had him in college.

I went to UL way, way back.
bert's%20uofl%20id.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT