ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Coaching Search

Pat_Kelsey_%2853328903932%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

giphy.gif
He looks like Chris Mack in disguise.

Hey, in my defense, I had no freaking idea what I was getting myself into.
Also… . SOMEHOW, I drew the short straw, aka: Necessary Roughness. Only Random knows how that "just happened".

Jeff, I'm inclined to believe you. Let me give you some motherly advice, "If Lurker and Random jump off a bridge does that mean you have to also"? Don't let those goofballs mess you up Jeff. You have a bright future if you stop hanging around with the wrong crowd.

So look at yourself, you look like a Butt Spider. Is that what you want to be known as? A Butt Spider?
Of course not, so think next time.

I'll try harder next time.

You know I'm slightly older than you, right? I know I screwed up this one time, but I'm like, really mature.

Jury still out on that one Jeff.

The verdict has been read, you just weren't paying attention, prolly busy yelling at Lurker.

Do better Jeff in the future.

You’re just not seeing the comedy, try harder.
im-sorry.gif

Can you please speak English? We don’t understand holler inbred, or whatever it is you speak.
Denial is to be expected from you, BLOCKHEAD.

National U6 day last year was April 28th. This year, August 24th. 'MC' ....you're a U6 fan and don't know what that means? Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber...

Turned out ok, certainly better than one of Mack's buddies from a mid-major, BLOCKHEAD.
lol he got ya there. Tbh I have no idea who pope is or if he’s any good. Kelsey is a solid hire no matter how hard you try and spin it. I’d much rather be in our position. But I get this is your schtick.

Reactions: Deepelm
How’s your search going? Sounds like Pope was your #1 guy all along…….

😅😅😅😅😅
This guy will never eat crow. Laughed at us throughout our entire coaching search, and we hired a solid coach in Kelsey, and now apparently they did good with their search settling for a guy no one even knew had his name in the hat? lol good stuff.

lol he got ya there. Tbh I have no idea who pope is or if he’s any good. Kelsey is a solid hire no matter how hard you try and spin it. I’d much rather be in our position. But I get this is your schtick.
Nobody heard of Kelsey other than Xavier fans until a month ago. You hired a dude from a mid-major. UK hired a dude from the Big 12.

This guy will never eat crow. Laughed at us throughout our entire coaching search, and we hired a solid coach in Kelsey, and now apparently they did good with their search settling for a guy no one even knew had his name in the hat? lol good stuff.
Still laughing... as I said earlier, when 9 wins is still an 'improvement' for your team, might be best to keep quiet.

Nobody heard of Kelsey other than Xavier fans until a month ago. You hired a dude from a mid-major. UK hired a dude from the Big 12.
Nah not true. Tbh I’d never heard of Pope. That’s ok. He might be decent, time will tell. Would take Kelsey over him though. Think you guys downgraded majorly from Cal. I guess be careful what you wish for.

Nah not true. Tbh I’d never heard of Pope. That’s ok. He might be decent, time will tell. Would take Kelsey over him though. Think you guys downgraded majorly from Cal. I guess be careful what you wish for.
You must be a young'un. Won a title on the 96' team at UK.

Cal stopped working hard once he got the lifetime contract. He's 65. His last 5 years have been a mess. It was time.

Still laughing... as I said earlier, when 9 wins is still an 'improvement' for your team, might be best to keep quiet.
Yep we’ve been awful with a non coach who was apart of the non existent Calipari tree. Yet you guys have had burger boys galore and nothing to show for it in over 5 years. Now you guys will get decent players but not like before with Calipari. This hire feels like Billy G 2.0

Yep we’ve been awful with a non coach who was apart of the non existent Calipari tree. Yet you guys have had burger boys galore and nothing to show for it in over 5 years. Now you guys will get decent players but not like before with Calipari. This hire feels like Billy G 2.0
Minus the raging alcoholism, maybe. $4 mill already this morning from donors for NIL. Pope will have everything he needs to succeed.

You must be a young'un. Won a title on the 96' team at UK.

Cal stopped working hard once he got the lifetime contract. He's 65. His last 5 years have been a mess. It was time.
I’m 42 and I sort of remember him. Names like Delk, Mercer, and Anderson stick out, but he isn’t recognized in any coaching realm as some stand out. My point is, I didn’t even know he was being considered.

Minus the raging alcoholism, maybe. $4 mill already this morning from donors for NIL. Pope will have everything he needs to succeed.
That’s great. NIL is ramping up with a lot of schools and these kids could give a shit about programs like they used to. They want money. I have no doubt UK will pony up, but so will everyone else. It’s the Wild West, and college basketball isn’t the same product as it once was.

I’m 42 and I sort of remember him. Names like Delk, Mercer, and Anderson stick out, but he isn’t recognized in any coaching realm as some stand out. My point is, I didn’t even know he was being considered.
With a roster consisting of 1 Top 100 player last season, he got wins over:

San Diego st.
NC State
UCF (2x)
Baylor
Kansas
TCU

Now....with the resources he has and being at UK, I'm liking his chances to do very well.

With a roster consisting of 1 Top 100 player last season, he got wins over:

San Diego st.
NC State
UCF (2x)
Baylor
Kansas
TCU

Now....with the resources he has and being at UK, I'm liking his chances to do very well.
Didn’t he lose to an 11 seed first round and only made the tourney one other time losing first round? I mean Kelsey has 4 appearances too all in first round. Plus lots of schools have a lot of NIL money. I expect Arkansas to get top players with Calipari being there and all that Walmart money.

Didn’t he lose to an 11 seed first round and only made the tourney one other time losing first round? I mean Kelsey has 4 appearances too all in first round. Plus lots of schools have a lot of NIL money. I expect Arkansas to get top players with Calipari being there and all that Walmart money.
11 Seed UCLA, that went to the FF.

Arky could very well do that, but the old Cal habits he wouldn't break for past 5 years and beyond could lead to similar results too. He's taking his whole staff (minus Welch) with him too. They weren't much help.

11 Seed UCLA, that went to the FF.

Arky could very well do that, but the old Cal habits he wouldn't break for past 5 years and beyond could lead to similar results too. He's taking his whole staff (minus Welch) with him too. They weren't much help.
Duquesne?

Duquesne?
Cal lost to 13 seed Oakland with 2 lottery picks and 4 guys that will also play in the NBA.
He also lost to 15 seed Saint Peters with 4 NBA players and a NPOY generational rebounder.

Cal had UK, Mark Pope was trying to win as coach of a mormon school. I think these things should be noted.

How many top 10 5* were on UConn's two title teams? Villanova's 2 title teams? Baylor's title team? Virginia's title team?

Cal had UK and a gazillion burger boys and he stunk it up the last 4 years. Worst season in UK hustory and the worst 2 NCAAT losses in UK history.

Getting 5 star kids is great if draft picks is your goal, but the era of winning with a bunch of high school kids, is over.

Let Cal continue to do his thing at Arkansas, give me a coach that has older rosters that stay and develop.

Downgraded majorly from Cal? How so? Is it because Cal is a great recruiter? If so, how's that working out for Cal?

The days of winning with high school kids, is over. You can't fake experience and development. There isn't enough days in a year to develop freshmen, physically and on the court, that can compete with 3 and 4 year college dudes, that was just proven agsin this year. Cal lost 10 games with a completely stacked roster. He lost to UNCW at home, lost to Oakland, lost 4 games at home… he had 2 lottery picks that were ultra elite offensively and he stunk it up. No SEC hardware and not a single win in the NCAAT… .at Kentucky.

Cal is completely washed up, he’s not hard to replace right now.

Everyone needs to understand, UK isn’t replacing 09-2017 Calipari, that guy is gone and he is never coming back.

UK is replacing 2020-2024 Calipari. This is a guy that went 9-16 with 4 future NBA talents on his roster. He lost to Saint Peters with 4 NBA talents and generational rebounder that was also the NPOY. He lost 10 games this year, one was to UNCW at home, then lost to Oakland and never led. He was coaching for the name on the backs, he catered to players wants, catered to soft feelings and pouting. He used to say "I can't hide you here", now, he says "I don't want to take his heart, he is somebody's son". All he talks about is players first, NBA draft picks, NBA contracts and all these 5* recruits.

Now, don't get me wrong, Pope is not the guy I would have chosen, to me, he's not ready, but at least he will coach for the name on the front and not individual accomplishments and goals.

ADVERTISEMENT