ADVERTISEMENT

For those craving some college basketball in early August

DkHrxRvU4AAQVqS.jpg
That Brady Calipari looked pretty good...

That team must be awful. Take out hagans and our guards shot 5-33 and we win by 24.

Best part of the game was Richards remembering how to play basketball.

I’m optimistic, but I want to see him continue to do it against dudes that aren’t a half a foot shorter and actually guarding him.

This team has a really high ceiling. Can’t wait to see what it looks like once they gel and learn to play inside out - making the right pass, more than anything. Keldon Johnson gotta chill the f**k out though.

That team must be awful. Take out hagans and our guards shot 5-33 and we win by 24.

I think the numbers below the score is their record. That makes the most sense to me.

Brady was brilliant. That box score is wrong though. Just looking at Calipari's alone; he was 1 of 2, not 1 of 1.

The Cats had too many turnovers, too few assists and hit only 10% of their threes. But it is August 8 and many of the kids had never played together.

I assume they will get better really fast or lose a couple games; however, that will not hurt a damned thing. That is the reason for the trip. The dividends come in the regular season as the team gets the extra practice and experience.

I liked what I saw from the transition game. You can tell they've been working on it. All of the bigs ran the floor extremely well. Even on to's they're ready to run getting out quickly.

The defense needs work but is clearly better than the offense at this early stage.

Nick Richards 85% shooting 19 pts... I'm rooting for him. Has great athletic ability,great touch and runs the floor extremely well. One of the shots he blocked, got the dunk in transition on an assist from PJ. Richards only had 4 years of basketball experience coming in to last year. If he can maintain his confidence, he'll be a lottery pick. He needs to hit the boards more. He can be a beast.

Herro has all the confidence, shooting ability, iq and tenacity to be a really good player. He has the confidence of an older player.

PJ played solid and Travis was excellent on the boards.

Our experienced guys, played like it. Our frosh, played like frosh with the exception of Herro. He stood out. But this team blends well and compliments each other well.

There's a lot of potential there...

The Cats had too many turnovers, too few assists and hit only 10% of their threes. But it is August 8 and many of the kids had never played together.

I assume they will get better really fast or lose a couple games; however, that will not hurt a damned thing. That is the reason for the trip. The dividends come in the regular season as the team gets the extra practice and experience.

Bert that is not what the box score shows (not sure on the accuracy, it had Brad 1/1 he was 1/2)
it shows 13 assists, 8 turnovers
the rest i agree on
our team last year would have loved to have had those stats

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Bert that is not what the box score shows (not sure on the accuracy, it had Brad 1/1 he was 1/2)
it shows 13 assists, 8 turnovers
the rest i agree on
our team last year would have loved to have had those stats

I thought the ball movement was pretty decent considering the team having such little time to play with one another. I think there were probably 3 or 4 turnovers that could have easily been prevented, just coughed it up because of a silly mistake.

There are plenty of very good shooters, so color me unconcerned in that department. Guys need to figure out where their shots are coming from, what a good shot is, how to play off of one another. It’ll come in time. I’m certainly not concerned about the shooting abilities of Green, Herro, Quickley, and Baker though.

Reactions: KisteK
I thought the ball movement was pretty decent considering the team having such little time to play with one another. I think there were probably 3 or 4 turnovers that could have easily been prevented, just coughed it up because of a silly mistake.

There are plenty of very good shooters, so color me unconcerned in that department. Guys need to figure out where their shots are coming from, what a good shot is, how to play off of one another. It’ll come in time. I’m certainly not concerned about the shooting abilities of Green, Herro, Quickley, and Baker though.
Cal has said many times he likes to have a few turnovers a game
he said otherwise his team is not playing fast enough
playing fast you are going to have some turnovers
the turnovers you do not want are the ones where an easy play is there and they choose the hardest play and turn it over

i agree on the shooting, i am not really concerned about it
they missed about as many "bunnies" as they did 3 pointers
that will all change when the game slows down in their minds

i wish they would have put the Duke games on a channel everyone could watch for free
it would have been nice to not have only watched UK but Duke as well
almost everyone on this board are here because we love CBB, any game we can watch in August is a bonus

Well, back to the sports thing.

San Lorenzo favored by 9 points tonight. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Kentucky lose this one. This is the best team in that professional league.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
i wish they would have put the Duke games on a channel everyone could watch for free
it would have been nice to not have only watched UK but Duke as well
almost everyone on this board are here because we love CBB, any game we can watch in August is a bonus

UNC plays this August as well, also in the Bahamas. Although, they're not playing in Atlantis but instead at Sir Kendal Isaacs Gymnasium.

17th Bahamas All Stars
18th NPBA All Stars (New Providence Basketball Association)

I have no idea if it's on tv or not.

Complete Bahamas schedule.

UNC plays this August as well, also in the Bahamas. Although, they're not playing in Atlantis but instead at Sir Kendal Isaacs Gymnasium.

17th Bahamas All Stars
18th NPBA All Stars (New Providence Basketball Association)

I have no idea if it's on tv or not.

Complete Bahamas schedule.

ESPN should have planned this for three weeks with each team getting a different week
for us CBB junkies that would have been a good fix

No Montgomery for UK tonight either.

Apparently this is a really good foreign pro team they’re playing.

I liked what I saw from the transition game. You can tell they've been working on it. All of the bigs ran the floor extremely well. Even on to's they're ready to run getting out quickly.

The defense needs work but is clearly better than the offense at this early stage.

Nick Richards 85% shooting 19 pts... I'm rooting for him. Has great athletic ability,great touch and runs the floor extremely well. One of the shots he blocked, got the dunk in transition on an assist from PJ. Richards only had 4 years of basketball experience coming in to last year. If he can maintain his confidence, he'll be a lottery pick. He needs to hit the boards more. He can be a beast.

Herro has all the confidence, shooting ability, iq and tenacity to be a really good player. He has the confidence of an older player.

PJ played solid and Travis was excellent on the boards.

Our experienced guys, played like it. Our frosh, played like frosh with the exception of Herro. He stood out. But this team blends well and compliments each other well.

There's a lot of potential there...
They all seemed like a hungry bunch of kids instead of kids with egos. They were all hustling for the 50/50 ball.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
It's going to help so much for this young team playing, a grown team like this, this early.

one fifth year senior
three sophmores
five freshmen
one redshirt sophmore that has yet to play a game (Baker)

so you be the judge

I know the personnel. Which is why it's confusing to see "what separates this team from last year is experience" type of comments. Seems to be very similar if you take out Travis.

ADVERTISEMENT