ADVERTISEMENT

***Duke vs Kentucky Game Thread***

It is difficult to imagine that Duke can or will play any better than they did last night. I haven't seen a Duke team play like that in a while.

Yeah, I think in some ways that game ended up being the best of one team and the worst of the other. I don’t think either team look like that again.

Last edited:

24fovx.jpg

Reactions: KisteK and tw3301
Who was the Duke player who boasted that they were going to murder Kentucky? He wasn't joking.

BTW, how about Bolden? Guy has been solid the last few weeks. Fingers crossed that he will be decent enough. Duke's bench is performing like they should... K has spoken about that, and if you watch that ESPN show he specifically talks about having "come to Jesus" meetings with the bench guys during the summer about their roles, and how important it is to embrace it. Seems like it worked.

BTW, how about Bolden? Guy has been solid the last few weeks. Fingers crossed that he will be decent enough. Duke's bench is performing like they should... K has spoken about that, and if you watch that ESPN show he specifically talks about having "come to Jesus" meetings with the bench guys during the summer about their roles, and how important it is to embrace it. Seems like it worked.
His pick and roll defense is solid, but he really needs to defend the paint without fouling and he’s just not a dominant rebounder. Still, I pretty much agree that he’s looked good and like what this team needs

His pick and roll defense is solid, but he really needs to defend the paint without fouling and he’s just not a dominant rebounder. Still, I pretty much agree that he’s looked good and like what this team needs

He has SUCH quick feet in terms of hedging. I can't fault him too much, in terms of fouling and the like... there isn't anyone in the country who will straight up stop Travis. Agree in the end though... as long as he does what Duke NEEDS, that's all he has to do, you know?

These D-II exhibition games are fun and all, but I'm ready to get the season started.

Ouch. It was approaching Ferris State type levels for a minute there.

Including the exhibitions, Duke has scored 100+ three straight times. :eek:

106-64 over Virginia Union
132-48 over Ferris State
118-84 over Kentucky

Reactions: dukedevilz
The talent is on a level where it's never been. Oh and they mesh perfectly
I agree with that. The chemistry seems to be really good with this team. Granted it is one game on record, but what a game. Zion is going to be so much fun to watch this year and probably more next year in the open spaces of an NBA court.

I was concerned that teams would just pack it in the paint with all of our slashers. What impressed me the most about RJ and Zion is they somehow found space, in amazingly compact areas no less, and still managed to get off layups time and time again.

Can't lie, I was thinking about how this team would face off against UVA during most of the second half. Most teams can't keep a pace like Kentucky, and certainly UVA is on a different level altogether. But after seeing RJ and Zion weave through traffic, I think they'll find a way to carve some openings against that pack line defense.

I was concerned that teams would just pack it in the paint with all of our slashers. What impressed me the most about RJ and Zion is they somehow found space, in amazingly compact areas no less, and still managed to get off layups time and time again.

Can't lie, I was thinking about how this team would face off against UVA during most of the second half. Most teams can't keep a pace like Kentucky, and certainly UVA is on a different level altogether. But after seeing RJ and Zion weave through traffic, I think they'll find a way to carve some openings against that pack line defense.

Being able to spread it a bit, especially with AOC and Jack White in the corners, is a real plus. As long as Tre can hit some threes, and as long as RJ and Zion can hit enough threes to keep their defenders up on them, it SHOULD open up space enough to drive.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Being able to spread it a bit, especially with AOC and Jack White in the corners, is a real plus. As long as Tre can hit some threes, and as long as RJ and Zion can hit enough threes to keep their defenders up on them, it SHOULD open up space enough to drive.
How great is it to have a Jones running the point at Duke again?

Bolden played more minutes than Williamson with one more foul....let that sink in a bit. The minute distribution on last night's game was not typical K.

7 assists, 0 turnovers -- I would say it's awesome!
Totally. Duval had some of those same stat lines last year too but it is different with Jones. He is much more of a pure PG. Which is precisely what this team needs.

Reactions: Quavarius
Tre Jones: 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 0 turnovers

Lost in the shuffle with how good The Big 3 looked was how poised Tre was as a floor general in his 1st ever college game.

Yeah, like Purdue would have a better chance. Keep rooting for a team that hasn't sniffed a final 4 since Jimmy Carter was in the white house. Go back to you main board where people actually care what you have to say.

Lol what an angry little elf you are

Still waiting on your claim ??? If you can't produce you intellectual challenged little U6 coat tail riding Duke fan boy, go back to the Loserville board and pucker back up to Zips man boobs like the rest of you spineless dolts.

LOLOL suck on that...

Duke fan watching his team play Kentucky thinking about how they'll do against UVA. Never thought I would see the day.

I feel confident that UVA won't give up 118 points to Duke. Not sure we'll be able to score enough to win though. Glad we get to play twice this year. Regular season means nothing for us this year so it's good to play teams like Duke to figure out our weaknesses on both ends of the floor.

Still waiting on your claim ??? If you can't produce you intellectual challenged little U6 coat tail riding Duke fan boy, go back to the Loserville board and pucker back up to Zips man boobs like the rest of you spineless dolts.

LOLOL suck on that...
Man you’re mad. Laughing

Really great. And its crazy how much Tre "feels" like Tyus. There is a real physical similarity, obviously, but everything else feels the same too; just so in control, so smart, head up, good vision... I can't imagine wanting anyone else to run point, and its been ONE GAME.

Duke fan watching his team play Kentucky thinking about how they'll do against UVA. Never thought I would see the day.

I feel confident that UVA won't give up 118 points to Duke. Not sure we'll be able to score enough to win though. Glad we get to play twice this year. Regular season means nothing for us this year so it's good to play teams like Duke to figure out our weaknesses on both ends of the floor.

lol no chance we get anywhere near that. I think I'd be content with 75. I'm sure there will be some good battles this year.

Reactions: jhmossy
No not really. Just not going to be accused of something you think I said, which I didn't. Then proceed to throw insults because you can't back up your claim. o_O
You’re still on this, and I don’t even remember what I said. Lol I was at a bar watching the games last night.

LOLOL suck on that...
Btw I just re read this lol, Yeah, you’re perfectly calm and certainly not mad...:eek:

Actually, Souther Illinois might actually beat this UK team. UK is not good right now.
This ain't a final four team either. Final four teams don't lose games by 40.

Maybe now you’ll see why I thought it was stupid that’s UK fans on RR were saying UK would beat an All Big Ten team.

Got banned for rafters for making a post that has nothing but 5 emojis in it. Pretty pathetic.

Took a glance over there and the first thing I found was a conspiracy essay detailing how the NCAA tries to prevent Kentucky (with 8 titles) from winning, and the only way to overcome is to have multiple superstars on the roster.RollLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT