ADVERTISEMENT

Do Arkansas fans actually think Cal will succeed there?

Arkansas lands Aidoo, and it sounds like Davis and Garrison are on the way. Damn…they might be building a monster.
I was surprised by Aidoo and Awaka leaving UT. Aidoo got better as time went by, but had a serious problem against elite Big men. Awaka didn't get the minutes, but that was due to him getting into foul trouble.

Aidoo was a complete no show against Purdue. He cost us that game.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I was surprised by Aidoo and Awaka leaving UT. Aidoo got better as time went by, but had a serious problem against elite Big men. Awaka didn't get the minutes, but that was due to him getting into foul trouble.

Aidoo was a complete no show against Purdue. He cost us that game.
Aidoo going to Arkansas was a surprise to me. I'll be interested to see how well he plays under Cal. He gives Cal a grown man as long as he actually plays him.

Yeah, Cal could find success at Arky. As long as he continues to bring in top 2/3 freshmen classes every yr, no reason to think he won't field a competitive team.

I guess the question becomes what is meant by "succeed?" What are the parameters? How do we define success as it relates to Cal and Arky? Making the tournament every yr? Getting to the second weekend more often then not? Make one FF while he is coaching there? Win the SEC?

In my opinion, all of those are possible...I am not naive enough to think Cal couldn't find himself in another FF. But the 2020-2024 Cal needs to reinvent himself, otherwise it will just be dumb luck to find himself in another FF.

My feeling on it is to hell with them. Barnes has already replaced them, so we'll just have to see how that works out.
I feel the same way with Cal and anyone else that follows him. So far, Pope and his staff are making me feel a lot more confident about the program and I feel like it will be about team accomishments moreso than individual ones. I like having juniors and seniors that have been there and done that over unproven box-of-chocolate me-first high school kids.

Reactions: Brushy Bill
I feel the same way with Cal and anyone else that follows him. So far, Pope and his staff are making me feel a lot more confident about the program and I feel like it will be about team accomishments moreso than individual ones. I like having juniors and seniors that have been there and done that over unproven box-of-chocolate me-first high school kids.
I do not have any reason to think Pope is anything or not. He is put into a tight spot though.

Apparently Arkansas is "Calipari University" now
GMdVoE1W0AAtttx

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
ADVERTISEMENT