ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Anthony

Xray93

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2010
Upstate NY
Team
Notre Dame
I was curious as to why all the hype for him is around UNC? Everything I read says the family is keeping things close to the chest. Yet it seems experts are saying they are hearing UNC is the choice and they must be getting their info from somewhere.

Any one have an idea on where this info is coming from? Just havent seen many recruitments like this where no one seems to really have anything solid to go on but UNC is assumed to be the choice.

For a football comparison it reminds me of Manti Teo's recruitment. Everyone says its a done deal to USC but the family was keeping things close to the chest and kept on saying he hasnt made a decision. Then on NSD he surprises the world and chooses ND.

Would be curious to hear how this recruitment is different and why experts feel so adamant that he is going to UNC with how closed off to the media he has been and how much he states that his recruitment is still wide open.

I know Oregon and UNC are the favorites but when he talks about ND, he talks about the players and coaches like he does other programs but goes as far as saying the ND squad is like "family" to him and how beautiful of a campus ND is. Goes as far as saying Brey is an amazing coach who has never been "lucky" enough to land a player like him. Almost as if he is saying that Brey deserves a recruit like him.

Plus when I hear his recent quote about Oak Hill academy I have a hard time not thinking well if you thought these things helped you develop as a man and a player then you'd really appreciate ND:

Q: How did Oak Hill help you?
A: Oak Hill definitely helped me. Obviously the location is in the middle of nowhere so you really have to focus on what’s important, have to focus on basketball, focus on your schoolwork so I just really matured a lot there just in terms of off-the-court stuff, staying on top of my homework without my mom or dad being on my butt so that’s one aspect I’ve really grown in.

Obviously he is a recruit ND doesnt typically land and I dont expect them to but when I hear those quotes, I cant help but think there has never been a more perfect fit for ND and a one and done player than Cole Anthony. While I respect his decision and will root for a kid like him regardless, I am curious as to why experts think this is such a done deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News