ADVERTISEMENT

CBS sports Top 10 jobs in basketball

Good change of tune.... And the tag wasn't nothing more than a rebuttal to you or the only other UCONN fan on here, saying something about 50,000 at a parade----etc. Just pointing out UK had 18,000 show up for a press conference.

I read just fine. And no, was not a peep of Hurley losing his job after that start.

You think a(new) coach would survive a 4 year stretch at KU, Duke, UNC, UK, IU or UCLA, like that?

Nope.

The pressure from fan base, administration at UCONN is not the same as KU, Duke, IU, UCLA or UNC. Hurley would nto have survived at any of the above with his first 4 years at UCONN.

Davis at UNC has gone to a title game and a SW16 in his first two seasons----Yet there are many UNC fans not happy.
Woodson has went to two NCAAT in his first three seasons, and 90% of the fan base wanted that dude fired a month ago...
Scheyer is 54-18....E8...ACCT title----and there are some rumblings.
Howland took UCLA to 3 consecutive FF's---but a 4 year stretch of 2 NCAAT's, cost him his job---He won the PAC10 in the same season he was fired.
KU simply hasn't made bad hires the last 40 years---Williams and Self.

Hurley could never reach another FF, and his job would be safe. He could miss the NCAAT a few times, and his job would be safe. Even with the 6 titles, the pressure is different. You winn back to back titles at KU, UK, IU----and the fans base expects 3 in a row----then 4. Just a different environment.

And FTR, I love UCONN. And I absolutely think they belong in the upper tier of CBB's great programs. I just don't think the pressure to produce year after year after year, is the same as it is at UK, Duke, UNC, KU, UCLA, or Indiana...
Great post, but one correction, Davis has been at NC for 3 seasons, he missed the tournament in 23, but his other two finishes were phenomenal.

ADVERTISEMENT