ADVERTISEMENT

Zion/Nike

Sorry, I don't know of a kid that wears $50,000 worth of jewelry.

I don’t know of a college kid with 20-30k in a shoebox while on a college team, during the season. But then again I don’t know Ashton Hagans.

(Not even meaning to pile on, I think me changing Berts quote in my last post made him miss the point)

I don’t know of a college kid with 20-30k in a shoebox while on a college team, during the season. But then again I don’t know Ashton Hagans.

(Not even meaning to pile on, I think me changing Berts quote in my last post made him miss the point)

That was obviously either someone else’s money or fake bills, remember?

BREAKING: Gina Ford ramps up claim that Zion Williamson received money to attend Duke and was “permanently ineligible” to be a student-athlete; in new court filing, she opposes granting judgment to Zion, and says discovery is needed from Duke and Coach K on ‘pay-to-play’ issue. pic.twitter.com/x04yY3BvHm

— Daniel Wallach (@WALLACHLEGAL) June 10, 2020

This could get very, very interesting.

After being granted a stay in the case, along with being told he will not have to testify in his own defense, Williamson and his family are being accused of receiving “monies, benefits, and/or other prohibited benefits,” with all the evidence being publicly recorded.

In the new court filing, Ford cites numerous text messages about the former Duke star from Nike in 2017, along with wiretapped conversations with Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend regarding Williamson’s recruitment.

Ford’s attorney submitted evidence regarding Williamson’s parents residing in a North Carolina-based property in his lone season at Duke, with the monthly rent valued at $4,995, up from the $895 monthly rental the family had in South Carolina. Ford added that three luxury cars – a 2018 Mercedes Benz G Wagon, a 2016 GMC Yukon, and a 2015 Cadillac Escalade – were registered to Williamson’s parents and should be considered in his eligibility case.

Ford – who is suing Williamson for $100 million for breaching his marketing agreement with Prime Sports Marketing – originally claimed the former Blue Devil received “money, benefits, favors or other things of value” to attend Duke.

Ford claims in the new court filings that testimony from Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski is “warranted regarding his statements about the NCAA “pay to play” scandal.”

“When questioned about same and any alleged involvement by Duke, he stated that the scandal was just a “blip”/”minute, and, that giving a job to a player’s family member is “just a business decision.”‘

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
His parents got luxury cars and a house? Very nice.

The house and cars just seems too obvious. There is no way they were this careless if they knew they were getting paid… .. right?

Reactions: AWilli6995
And not 1 duke fan has chimed in with their opinion. From what I’m reading there’s a lot there and they know it.
tenor.gif

The owner of the house could say they didn’t know they were renting it to the family of a duke basketball player. Duke could still pretty easily plead ignorance here to the ncaa.

They’ll blame Nike for everything and say they didn’t know.

Would the ncaa still put a program on probation if a booster unknowingly gave a player impermissible benefits?

The owner of the house could say they didn’t know they were renting it to the family of a duke basketball player. Duke could still pretty easily plead ignorance here to the ncaa.

They’ll blame Nike for everything and say they didn’t know.

Would the ncaa still put a program on probation if a booster unknowingly gave a player impermissible benefits?
there is a huge difference between an alum and a booster
if he is a booster then yes he broke NCAA rules
ignorance of the law is no excuse

The house and cars just seems too obvious. There is no way they were this careless if they knew they were getting paid… .. right?

Thats kinda what I’ve been thinking. How freakin obvious can you be about it.

Surprised Zion wasn’t playing with a diamond grill instead of a mouth piece. Might as well have been. Semi amazing in the internet world that the folks in Durham were able to keep this quiet this long, I mean we’d heard about the house but 3 luxury SUVs, geeze.

Kinda makes you wonder exactly how much he got at this point.

Reactions: kyjeff1
BREAKING: Gina Ford ramps up claim that Zion Williamson received money to attend Duke and was “permanently ineligible” to be a student-athlete; in new court filing, she opposes granting judgment to Zion, and says discovery is needed from Duke and Coach K on ‘pay-to-play’ issue. pic.twitter.com/x04yY3BvHm

— Daniel Wallach (@WALLACHLEGAL) June 10, 2020

This could get very, very interesting.
This chic is gonna end up in a river somewhere...I mean, does she know who she's fukin' with....??

7zRv.gif

Thats kinda what I’ve been thinking. How freakin obvious can you be about it.

Surprised Zion wasn’t playing with a diamond grill instead of a mouth piece. Might as well have been. Semi amazing in the internet world that the folks in Durham were able to keep this quiet this long, I mean we’d heard about the house but 3 luxury SUVs, geeze.

Kinda makes you wonder exactly how much he got at this point.
THis...I mean, its almost arrogant, you know...Like, "Yeah, mudder****ers...I'm living here...moms and pops are driving luxury SUV's......

Just makes no damn sense...

And not 1 duke fan has chimed in with their opinion. From what I’m reading there’s a lot there and they know it.
I am confident that nothing comes of this. There's my opinion. If Duke gets any penalties from this I'll take a ban, anyone want to take the other side of that bet?

I am confident that nothing comes of this. There's my opinion. If Duke gets any penalties from this I'll take a ban, anyone want to take the other side of that bet?

Only a fool would take this bet. We all know the NCAA will protect Duke at all costs. But you definitely upped my interest in seeing Duke get penalized if someone takes the bet.

Only a fool would take this bet. We all know the NCAA will protect Duke at all costs. But you definitely upped my interest in seeing Duke get penalized if someone takes the bet.
Same old tired ass explanations from opposing fans. No actual proof, just wishes.

Same old tired ass explanations from opposing fans. No actual proof, just wishes.

I just want @tw3301 to get banned. I don't really give a shit about Duke, although you're definitely in denial if you think Duke is squeaky clean. UVA won it all while Duke had Zion, RJ, and Cam lol. Bruh, your team didn't even make the Final Four with 3 top 10 draft picks.

I just want @tw3301 to get banned. I don't really give a shit about Duke, although you're definitely in denial if you think Duke is squeaky clean. UVA won it all while Duke had Zion, RJ, and Cam lol. Bruh, your team didn't even make the Final Four with 3 top 10 draft picks.
Did you watch that Duke team at all? And Duke won it all with Scheyer at the point and Zoubek and Thomas at the 4 and 5. What is your point? Let me help. Best team/Best talent doesnt always win.

I know you are smarter than that stupid comment.

Plus, until it is proven, Duke is clean.

And I agree with a previous poster, do you really think with all the folks looking at Duke and trying to find something, that they would be that obvious?

But we shall see. My sources say it is nothing but a money play by the woman.

do you really think with all the folks looking at Duke and trying to find something, that they would be that obvious?
I would say bumping your monthly rent from $900 to $5000 and adding 3 luxury vehicles isn't being discrete. Especially when one of those is a Mercedes G Wagen. lol

And the fact that those details are being alleged in court documents should tell you all you need to know. If they're not true, then Zion and his folks could easily file a libel suit. They haven't. Stop being a homer.

Did you watch that Duke team at all? And Duke won it all with Scheyer at the point and Zoubek and Thomas at the 4 and 5. What is your point? Let me help. Best team/Best talent doesnt always win.

I know you are smarter than that stupid comment.

Plus, until it is proven, Duke is clean.

And I agree with a previous poster, do you really think with all the folks looking at Duke and trying to find something, that they would be that obvious?

But we shall see. My sources say it is nothing but a money play by the woman.

My point is that, cheating or not, Duke didn't win anything of significance with Zion. It would be really sad if they get penalized for cheating and have nothing to show for it.

The NCAA did not want to do anything.

The NCAA is not a court system but an organization that has rules. The rules don't apply to Duke and a few other schools.

This is correct. The NCAA isn’t the district attorneys office where they have to follow the Constitution. They could punish schools for not cooperating which is what they should do.

Fine...you don’t need to cooperate but we also can sanction you without evidence besides we are a private organization and basically make up the rules for our organization.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I would say bumping your monthly rent from $900 to $5000 and adding 3 luxury vehicles isn't being discrete. Especially when one of those is a Mercedes G Wagen. lol

And the fact that those details are being alleged in court documents should tell you all you need to know. If they're not true, then Zion and his folks could easily file a libel suit. They haven't. Stop being a homer.
Tells me nothing. Only accusations. Again, I have a pretty good source and that individual says all is good. We shall see.

My point is that, cheating or not, Duke didn't win anything of significance with Zion. It would be really sad if they get penalized for cheating and have nothing to show for it.
Still dont get your point. Yeah, they didnt win, but as a Duke fan, I love he chose Duke and I truly enjoyed watching him in person and on tv in that Duke Uni.

Face it, you dont like Duke and you make stupid statements to prove that.

I get it. Jealousy is a terrible disease.

BTW, how many NC's did UVA win with Sampson? How many years was he there.

Still dont get your point. Yeah, they didnt win, but as a Duke fan, I love he chose Duke and I truly enjoyed watching him in person and on tv in that Duke Uni.

Pot meet kettle.

How can you call anyone jealous with the handle you post under?

ADVERTISEMENT