ADVERTISEMENT

Zion/Nike

I love the specificity in the language. Admit that someone in Zion's family demanded gifts, money, and/or benefits... and you received such benefits from someone acting on behalf of Duke University (directly and/or indirectly).

So what was it? Was it gifts? Money? Benefits? Someone directly affiliated with Duke? Indirectly? Be as broad as possible, that way you're more likely to hit the target, I guess. It wouldn't be completely shocking if Zion did, in fact, receive something - but the language in this lawsuit is rubbish.

We all know Duke is purchasing recruits. They needed to in order to continue competing at the highest levels. KU, Louisville, Duke, etc. this is nothing new.

The NCAA will do nothing.

giphy.gif

I just wonder if they have the proof! If your trying to basically sue the kid for 100 million the first thing is to prove he’s lying and so is the family! I guess destroy their credibility? I mean there’s a reason it’s documented this way, specific names etc. If it’s true it could be trouble... But I doubt they can prove it, will be interesting if it is true. Wonder if they will go after the greatest coach ever?

I love the specificity in the language. Admit that someone in Zion's family demanded gifts, money, and/or benefits... and you received such benefits from someone acting on behalf of Duke University (directly and/or indirectly).

So what was it? Was it gifts? Money? Benefits? Someone directly affiliated with Duke? Indirectly? Be as broad as possible, that way you're more likely to hit the target, I guess. It wouldn't be completely shocking if Zion did, in fact, receive something - but the language in this lawsuit is rubbish.
On a personal note....you think he received extra benefits to attend duke?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
We all know Duke is purchasing recruits. They needed to in order to continue competing at the highest levels. KU, Louisville, Duke, etc. this is nothing new.

The NCAA will do nothing.
You do? How do you know this and have you provided the NCAA with the proof?

It doesn’t look good, I mean let’s be honest. I mean if the family was well off before, then I don’t think it’s true. But that house isn’t cheap, and the way they have laid out the adidas thing too... Kansas was up there on his list too, just would be honestly disappointing! I’m not a Duke fan, but Coach K has always been considered a clean coach. But all the sudden he’s landing players from the West coast like Bagley? I mean I know they recruited him etc. but I don’t know..: I do know this if they do get caught I’m scared lol. I mean Nike has stayed cleared from all this pretty much, even though we all know the truth. But it could be a bad day for a lot of top tier schools if this is found to be true.

I don’t understand the need for someone to “admit” something happened. Either you have proof it happened or you are full of shit and move on.

Typically when attorneys ask such direct questions, they have the proof. They are just saying - "Zion, settle this according to terms we are good with or we're going to go nuclear on your ass."

Lots of puckering buttholes in Durham right now.

Typically when attorneys ask such direct questions, they have the proof. They are just saying - "Zion, settle this according to terms we are good with or we're going to go nuclear on your ass."

Lots of puckering buttholes in Durham right now.
Basically what they are saying is, settle our lawsuit or we're going to air all the dirty laundry.

Pay these kids some of the billions they generate or this will never go away.

Give Michigan, tark the shark, Louisville smu all the wins back and put an asterisk on it.

Put Pete rose in the damn hall of fame while we are at it.

Everyone makes money except the kids. It's time to change that.

Lavar ball was right. Pay the kids. The NBA stole his model.

Here’s the only problem with the coach thing now. Even if Coach K wasn’t involved it happed under his tenure as head coach. Coaches can’t hide behind that card anymore... You can’t tell me he didn’t know Zions parents didn’t move to Durham! It may not be far but that’s the rule the NCAA put in place. See it doesn’t matter if K knew, Zion was still ineligible... I can’t see his family taking all the blame if it comes out, they will be throwing everyone under the bus.

I’m not saying Cal is this clean coach... He definitely plays in the gray areas! All great coaches do though, problem is when coaches cross that gray area! Self has absolutely crossed it, and so has Miller at Zona, Brady at LSU etc. I mean if this is true, no way that Zion’s family doesn’t spill the beans on who knew, who didn’t know! My only thing is, you can’t call Addis’s a booster, and not Nike if this is true! Which may open a whole new can of worms. Maybe Kentucky fans should maybe hope this goes away lol...

Reactions: beasleythecard
I’m not saying Cal is this clean coach... He definitely plays in the gray areas! All great coaches do though, problem is when coaches cross that gray area! Self has absolutely crossed it, and so has Miller at Zona, Brady at LSU etc. I mean if this is true, no way that Zion’s family doesn’t spill the beans on who knew, who didn’t know! My only thing is, you can’t call Addis’s a booster, and not Nike if this is true! Which may open a whole new can of worms. Maybe Kentucky fans should maybe hope this goes away lol...
I've always felt a little pain and a little relief after Zion stated UK wasn't even in his top 3 for consideration. Maybe we wouldn't get gray enough?

The ants are coming to bury this

My issue is how do the NCAA not open an investigation into Zion/Duke situation with everything involving Zion from the FBI trial, Avenatti, and now this. Whether you think people are full of shit or not that is a lot of smoke from a lot of difference directions.

I've always felt a little pain and a little relief after Zion stated UK wasn't even in his top 3 for consideration. Maybe we wouldn't get gray enough?

KU was passing the hat for the guy and he was an Adidas kid anyway.

Yet dude passes up that cheddar to go to a school who already had 2 top 10 forwards signed? No way, Jose.

ADVERTISEMENT