ADVERTISEMENT

Zion denied

tenor.gif

Reactions: wesr
Zion is about to throw some pocket change (to him) into the checking account of Prime Sports Marketing.

Reactions: RipThru
That seemed like a pretty inevitable outcome. Couldn’t imagine the judge would prevent an attorney from asking questions that go to their entire theory of the case.

Reactions: jhmossy and RipThru
I’ve proven I know nothing about the court of law, but what keeps zion from pleading the fifth to every single question?

I’ve proven I know nothing about the court of law, but what keeps zion from pleading the fifth to every single question?

Not a lawyer, but I’ll try. The fifth amendment has to do with protection against self incrimination. I don’t think there’s a question of incrimination in this case regardless because he will have committed no crime even if he had. I’ll be interested to hear others opinions.

Maybe he still could but it would just seem really odd.

Edit to add: I think he’ll just settle out of court and never actually have to take the stand.

Last edited:
I agree about settling out of court, but the fbi probe proved if nothing else, laws will be broken. And anything asked to zion will almost assuredly be self incriminating, but again I’m no lawyer.

It took RipThru about 5 separate posts to explain to me how this wasn’t blackmail/extortion lol

I agree about settling out of court, but the fbi probe proved if nothing else, laws will be broken. And anything asked to zion will almost assuredly be self incriminating, but again I’m no lawyer.

It took RipThru about 5 separate posts to explain to me how this wasn’t blackmail/extortion lol

Zion isn't accused of doing anything illegal so he can't self incriminate by testifying.

I’ll also admit I’m not one of those who understand how all of the court stuff works but my question would be that if he can pay his way outta this then why even go forward with it?

last ditch effort to save money. Now watch them settle because Duke boosters will give zion the money to settle if they have to.

Said in the other thread, This does nothing to hurt Zion. He will settle out of court and Duke will pay the settlement for him.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I dont know if its true but several people on twitter are claiming the agent said weeks ago she wouldnt settle out of court. But I cant verify if thats true.

And now the Agent's lawyer is claiming to have evidence/proof . but could just be a bluff.

I dont know if its true but several people on twitter are claiming the agent said weeks ago she wouldnt settle out of court. But I cant verify if thats true.

And now the Agent's lawyer is claiming to have evidence/proof . but could just be a bluff.
Of course they have proof, otherwise they wouldn't have filed the lawsuit.

Said in the other thread, This does nothing to hurt Zion. He will settle out of court and Duke will pay the settlement for him.

If that's the case the NCAA should look into this. If you settle you did something wrong but IMO Zion played himself by issuing that stay.

If that's the case the NCAA should look into this. If you settle you did something wrong but IMO Zion played himself by issuing that stay.

NCAA doesnt have the power ....... They cant make zion or the agent talk and Duke is a private school so they cant force Duke to give records.

That's true. I guess this drama hinges on what Zion says under oath.

I think it will all come down to on if they settle out of court... and if they dont, what the evidence is that the plaintiff has. Zion can lie under oath but the evidence can reveal the truth .

Probly go through with it in court only for the judge to rule all the Nike stuff inadmissible to the NCAA so they can’t punish duke. Kinda like they did with the fib/adidas probe. Or whatever they decided about all the Nike stuff, inadmissible Or didn’t grant access to it to the ncaa or whatever happened that made zero sense.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Not a criminal proceeding or investigation.

I’ll also admit I’m not one of those who understand how all of the court stuff works but my question would be that if he can pay his way outta this then why even go forward with it?

He could attempt that. Most lawyers will try to exhaust every option for getting it dismissed or suppressed first. Especially if they have a well heeled client. So an appeal of the ruling could come next, then perhaps another tactic like having specific evidence sealed and tossed out, etc. Then a settlement offer could come after that.

However, a settlement only works if the other party agrees. I’ve seen no indication that Gina wants to settle. She wants her contract deemed enforceable.

Probly go through with it in court only for the judge to rule all the Nike stuff inadmissible to the NCAA so they can’t punish duke. Kinda like they did with the fib/adidas probe. Or whatever they decided about all the Nike stuff, inadmissible Or didn’t grant access to it to the ncaa or whatever happened that made zero sense.
I don't think Nike provided this, which is one of the main things they are probing.
DpzEvhpUcAAgtp_.jpg

because this is a civil matter and not a criminal matter. testifying in a criminal can get you convicted and you cannot self incriminate yourself.

in a civil court you are not afforded the same protection as there is no jail time involved.

I don't know if this will get settled out of court. The plaintiff is looking at a 1 million [EDIT: I meant 100 million] dollar payout if they take it to the end and win. They now know they have the upper hand too.
I wouldn't settle out of court when I know I will win the case for a huge jackpot.

Last edited:
I don't know if this will get settled out of court. The plaintiff is looking at a 1 million dollar payout if they take it to the end and win. They now know they have the upper hand too.
I wouldn't settle out of court when I know I will win the case for a huge jackpot.
100 million is what she is suing for, although that is irrelevant. People suing other people always throw a ridiculous number out there, does not mean they'll get anything close to that if it does indeed go to court and they win.

That looks like my tenant’s place.

It is definitely in the the low rent area. That can't be worth more than $20,000.

disclosure: $20,000 a week.
I have seen that picture many many times. I find it odd that a picture of Zion or his family entering or leaving the house has never been produced. That looks like a listing picture. Could be anyone's house.

I have seen that picture many many times. I find it odd that a picture of Zion or his family entering or leaving the house has never been produced. That looks like a listing picture. Could be anyone's house.
You can rent it right now for $4,495 a month. Wouldn't it be cool to say you lived in Zion's house? :D

realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/81-Edgewood-Dr_Durham_NC_27713_M69542-76014

You can rent it right now for $4,495 a month. Wouldn't it be cool to say you lived in Zion's house? :D

realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/81-Edgewood-Dr_Durham_NC_27713_M69542-76014
Don’t think he lived there. He lived on campus.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Just say, “I do not recall.”

Did you get paid to go to Duke? I don’t recall.

Did you receive money while at Duke? I don’t recall.

What did you have for lunch today? I don’t recall.

what is your name? I don’t recall.

Problem solved

Just say, “I do not recall.”

Did you get paid to go to Duke? I don’t recall.

Did you receive money while at Duke? I don’t recall.

What did you have for lunch today? I don’t recall.

what is your name? I don’t recall.

Problem solved

Then you go to court, get called to the stand, and get eviscerated. Lawyers usually aren’t asking these types of questions without already having evidence.

100 million is what she is suing for, although that is irrelevant. People suing other people always throw a ridiculous number out there, does not mean they'll get anything close to that if it does indeed go to court and they win.
Typo on my part.
Either way, in my opinion, if Zion pays them any money at all to settle, it tells everyone he received improper benefits and it's going to take a lot of coin to settle this out of court after this ruling.

ADVERTISEMENT