ADVERTISEMENT

Zags giving Saint Mary's everything they can handle

I'm not getting into which player is better than the other. ThstTh stupid, it's about which team is playing better in that game.

So, you are going to go ahead and play that "Zion is out" card as your excuse for Duke playing so bad, but you're going to just throw darts at UK almost losing to Arkansas and losing @UT, but missing Reid Travis doesn't matter?

Yeah, you suck.
Zion is the NPOY while UK has plenty of depth behind Reid in Nick Richards and EJ Montgomery. Sure those guys aren't as good as Richards but UK relies more on Herro and PJ than it does Richards.

Duke losing Zion is like UK losing Keldon + PJ because remember, K never plays as deep into his bench as Cal.

Duke is a very top heavy team.

The difference between Kentucky and Duke is we still won our games without our guy on the court.
We had a harder schedule than you with playing UNC and VT while you just played UT.

Rest assured, UK would've almost definitely lost to UNC in Chapel Hill and likely @ VT as well without Reid Travis.

We had a harder schedule than you with playing UNC and VT while you just played UT.

Rest assured, UK would've almost definitely lost to UNC in Chapel Hill and likely @ VT as well without Reid Travis.
Rest assured, we already beat UNC this season, and you have not.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
We would have arguably lost that game down there with Reid.

Virginia Tech?
Syracuse?
Carolina twice?
1pt W at home v Wake?
We had Zion when we lost to Syracuse but lost Tre Jones early in the game.

VT and Carolina are excellent teams and Duke would've arguably lost all those games with Zion as well.

I wish we got to play Ole Miss and Arkansas at home like UK did instead of having to face Cuse in the Carrier Dome, UNC x2 and VT on the road.

Rest assured, we already beat UNC this season, and you have not.
Rest assured, UNC is a lot better now than they were back in December when UK played them and rest assured that we didn't have Zion for either of our two games vs UNC.

Fortunately, Duke vs UNC Round 3 is likely waiting for us on Friday night and the NPOY will be playing.

Rest assured, UNC is a lot better now than they were back in December when UK played them and rest assured that we didn't have Zion for either of our two games vs UNC.

Fortunately, Duke vs UNC Round 3 is likely waiting for us on Friday night and the NPOY will be playing.
Rest assured, youd better win that game or the shit talking will be merciless.

There's nothing wrong with spins. UNC and UK has both got better. With that said, I do think you beat UNC with Zion. However, will Bolden be playing?

Zion is the NPOY while UK has plenty of depth behind Reid in Nick Richards and EJ Montgomery. Sure those guys aren't as good as Richards but UK relies more on Herro and PJ than it does Richards.

Duke losing Zion is like UK losing Keldon + PJ because remember, K never plays as deep into his bench as Cal.

Duke is a very top heavy team.
This post shows you know nothing about UK.

UK runs their offense through the post. Reid Travis and PJ Washington on the court together causes huge matchup issues for everyone they play.

Without RT, opponents can double PJ and take him away. That turns UK into a jump shooting team.

I have no idea where you got Keldon Johnson as one of UK's most important players.

Also, if you take ANY starter off of any team, it will throw their chemistry off. UK lost 1 game during that stretch.

And IDC what you say, wake Forest should never have been within 10 points of Duke in Cameron in the second half. If that team needs Zion THAT badly, you better hope Zion never gets in foul trouble against a good team. He's been allowed to play like a bull in a China shop and stay out of foul trouble in the ACC, that may not happen in the NCAAT.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
And IDC what you say, wake Forest should never have been within 10 points of Duke in Cameron in the second half. If that team needs Zion THAT badly, you better hope Zion never gets in foul trouble against a good team. He's been allowed to play like a bull in a China shop and stay out of foul trouble in the ACC, that may not happen in the NCAAT.
Agreed, just a terrible showing by Duke, no excuses for that performance.

We had Zion when we lost to Syracuse but lost Tre Jones early in the game.

VT and Carolina are excellent teams and Duke would've arguably lost all those games with Zion as well.

I wish we got to play Ole Miss and Arkansas at home like UK did instead of having to face Cuse in the Carrier Dome, UNC x2 and VT on the road.
Do wait, you said Zion was the energy guy that Duke just had to have, but you lost to Syracuse at home with him in the game.

But UK missing Travis shouldn't effect them right?

This post shows you know nothing about UK.

UK runs their offense through the post. Reid Travis and PJ Washington on the court together causes huge matchup issues for everyone they play.

Without RT, opponents can double PJ and take him away. That turns UK into a jump shooting team.

I have no idea where you got Keldon Johnson as one of UK's most important players.

Also, if you take ANY starter off of any team, it will throw their chemistry off. UK lost 1 game during that stretch.
I've watched every UK game this year and I've seen a ton of games where Reid Travis isn't very involved. I would say he's similarily important to Keldon, maybe a bit more so but your offense runs through Herro + PJ now.

Agreed, just a terrible showing by Duke, no excuses for that performance.
And so was UK's performance @UT and at home against Arkansas.

I think the Arkansas performance was more about the team thinking they had a walkover game more than anything.

Not saying they're equal, but IU (and all other P5 teams) have to play two P5 games per week in conference play. When you have to play that level of competition every game, you're going to take on some losses.

But when you play a few P5 team in November and December, go 1-2 against ranked teams, then play a bunch of high school squads all year, you aren't going to lose very many games.

I think IU would be a 5 seed if they got to play Gonzaga's schedule.

There's literally no way the metrics can account for just how bad those WCC teams are. That much is proven based on how high Gonzaga is still after they lost to SMC.

I mean come on, they have a win against Duke in November....that's it. Is that the resume of a 1 seed? No freaking way.
I just don't think when you have a consensus Top 5 team, all year, that their resume matters as much. Look at Houston? WHo have they played? Yet they could possibly be a 2....and at worse a three.

Anyways.....Gonzaga's resume doesn't say 1-seed. I agree. But who they are does.

Do wait, you said Zion was the energy guy that Duke just had to have, but you lost to Syracuse at home with him in the game.

But UK missing Travis shouldn't effect them right?
Our PG Tre sprained his ankle 5 mins into that game and the air was sucked out of Cameron.

It's our worst loss of the season no excuses but your losses to Seton Hall and Alabama are more embarrassing.

That sounds more like Reddish. Zion actually does a great job of moving around defenders. His footwork is awesome.

Reactions: bignish
I've watched every UK game this year and I've seen a ton of games where Reid Travis isn't very involved. I would say he's similarily important to Keldon, maybe a bit more so but your offense runs through Herro + PJ now.
Rewatch the UT v UK game at Rupp then tell me RT isn't extremely important to UK.

I'm not getting into which player is better than the other. That's stupid, it's about which team is playing better in that game.

So, you are going to go ahead and play that "Zion is out" card as your excuse for Duke playing so bad, but you're going to just throw darts at UK almost losing to Arkansas and losing @UT, but missing Reid Travis doesn't matter?

Yeah, you suck.
TBH, I think UK might be better w/o Travis. I mean better may be a tad much. But I do think they match up better with certain teams, with EJ and Richards. Moreso on defense. I just think Travis can be a liability defensively, at times.

Our PG Tre sprained his ankle 5 mins into that game and the air was sucked out of Cameron.

It's our worst loss of the season no excuses but your losses to Seton Hall and Alabama are more embarrassing.
Your loss at home to Syracuse is far worse. It was at home and you still had RJ, Reddish and freaking Zion.

UK lost to SH in MSG in early December and lost @alabama in early January.

You have to be joking.

Rewatch the UT v UK game at Rupp then tell me RT isn't extremely important to UK.
UK wasn't winning that revenge game in Knoxville even with Travis and you know it.

Cal looked like he didn't even want to be there and the whole team looked overwhelmed.

The result would've been pretty similar; you can give yourself another 5 points if that makes you feel better.

That's what happens when 2 evenly matched teams play each other home and away. It takes special circumstances to sweep.

That sounds more like Reddish. Zion actually does a great job of moving around defenders. His footwork is awesome.
He really does. Very mobile. There;s a diference in "going hard", opposed to out of control. Very seldom is Zion out of control.

Out of control to me is more Barrett than Cam.

Reactions: sgrooms
There's nothing wrong with spins. UNC and UK has both got better. With that said, I do think you beat UNC with Zion. However, will Bolden be playing?
I think UNC still takes it Bolden is really their only big guy. If Roy can shut the other 3 out and just let Zion do his thing, same way we used tonplay Pistol Pete, UNC could sweep.

TBH, I think UK might be better w/o Travis. I mean better may be a tad much. But I do think they match up better with certain teams, with EJ and Richards. Moreso on defense. I just think Travis can be a liability defensively, at times.
They match up better with fraud teams like Ole Miss and Auburn. Those are smallish teams that want to run-n-gun and shoot a bunch of threes. Those teams never make it past the sweet 16.

But they would not match up well against teams that have size. You know, true contenders .

UK ain't winning a title without RT.

He really does. Very mobile. There;s a diference in "going hard", opposed to out of control. Very seldom is Zion out of control.

Out of control to me is more Barrett than Cam.

Cam just picks up a lot of charges. I wish I knew of a place that breaks down fouls by type, but I swear half of his fouls on the season are charges.

Your loss at home to Syracuse is far worse. It was at home and you still had RJ, Reddish and freaking Zion.

UK lost to SH in MSG in early December and lost @alabama in early January.

You have to be joking.
Cuse is much better team than those two squads and when one of your key players gets injured in game, its tough for the squad to emotionally get it together to compete.

All of losses besides Gonzaga for Duke were due to awful circumstances.

Hopefully we have better luck going forward and America will get to see the juggernaut that waxed UK by 34, hammered Texas Tech by double digits and beat UVA on the road by 10 again. :D

I just don't think when you have a consensus Top 5 team, all year, that their resume matters as much. Look at Houston? WHo have they played? Yet they could possibly be a 2....and at worse a three.

Anyways.....Gonzaga's resume doesn't say 1-seed. I agree. But who they are does.
I just think a lot of teams would have 3 losses against the schedule Gonzaga played.

I'm serious, give that schedule to IU, I bet they'd be a 5 seed.

There's no way in hell anyone can look at Gonzaga's resume and say they are a 1 seed. The metrics are putting way too much weight on wins and losses.

Who did you play, when did you play them and who did you beat.

They beat Duke in early December. That's it. Heck, Syracuse beat Duke in Cameron .

They match up better with fraud teams like Ole Miss and Auburn. Those are smallish teams that want to run-n-gun and shoot a bunch of threes. Those teams never make it past the sweet 16.

But they would not match up well against teams that have size. You know, true contenders .

UK ain't winning a title without RT.
Meh, I guess. Travis just isn't as nimble defensively IMO. I've never seen him as a mobilizer type on defense. I think Richrds and EJ make UK a ton more athletic on defense; eapecially on the perimeter. I think vs a team like Duke, or a UNC, that really helps. Even a tad with Tenn.

Zero doubt Reid is a big piece though.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I just think a lot of teams would have 3 losses against the schedule Gonzaga played.

I'm serious, give that schedule to IU, I bet they'd be a 5 seed.

There's no way in hell anyone can look at Gonzaga's resume and say they are a 1 seed. The metrics are putting way too much weight on wins and losses.

Who did you play, when did you play them and who did you beat.

They beat Duke in early December. That's it. Heck, Syracuse beat Duke in Cameron .
Here in about a week or two, we will find out. IMO, GU is as good as anybody.

Cuse is much better team than those two squads and when one of your key players gets injured in game, its tough for the squad to emotionally get it together to compete.

All of losses besides Gonzaga for Duke were due to awful circumstances.

Hopefully we have better luck going forward and America will get to see the juggernaut that waxed UK by 34, hammered Texas Tech by double digits and beat UVA on the road by 10 again. :D
I'm just saying, teams get better throughout the season. UK lost to SH and Alabama very early in the season and both were road games with a young team.

You make a lot of excuses for Duke's losses, but refuse to do the same for teams not named Duke. You're a homer that obviously hates UK.

It is what it is.

Here in about a week or two, we will find out. IMO, GU is as good as anybody.
I think Gonzaga could be as good as anybody, but they may have gotten exposed last night.

It's just awfully late in the year to be getting smoked by an NIT team on a neutral court at full strength.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT