ADVERTISEMENT

Your top 5 rivals in CBB

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
Your closet, most likely......
I suppose I'll start being the OP and all............

Iowa:
1. Illinois
2. Iowa State
3. Wisconsin
4. Minnesota
5. Indiana

HM to Drake and UNI whom we no longer play because they took things too seriously.......and our AD and coach got scared.

1. North Carolina
2. North Carolina State
3. Maryland (I could be alone in this, but those early 2000’s battles aren’t undone yet)

After that it takes a nosedive - really after NC State. Wake Forest, I guess? They’ve been irrelevant for a while so it’s hard to say. Syracuse always generates buzz (for them), but it’s not really a rivalry. Virginia is the most recent contender, just because they’re always near the top of the ACC lately.

I miss having legitimate rivals. Even the Georgetown rivalry doesn’t feel important anymore.

For Cuse, I guess it’s Georgetown, UConn, Nova, Pitt, and idk L’ville I suppose.

Hated Louisville more with Pitino. Still hate UConn because of their inexplicable superiority complex. Lots of probably Patriots fans, which might explain it. Hurley is a clown.

Pitt is always annoying but less so than they were with Dixon’s “throw a brick at the rim and go get it” offense. Their student section is good for some laughs.

Lots of respect for Nova. Almost always a good game. Loved Jay Wright.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT