ADVERTISEMENT

Your teams preseason ranking vs finish?

Unranked. Projected NIT team at best. CBS had us in the 70s or 80s when they did their whole 351 list. Think the quote was “this team takes a huge step back after losing 4 starters and won’t sniff the NCAAT.”

Finished in Elite 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: MGO1668 and jhmossy
It's like bringing home a 10 and then falling asleep during foreplay.

Which unfortunately I did at a hostel off the coast of Venice when I was 20. Met a gorgeous girl. From Australia on a study abroad. We hit it off smashingly well. Went back to her cabin. Both heavily intoxicated. Last thing I remember is her taking off her shirt. I woke up around sunrise with my face on her beautiful and perky breast—my own drool smeared on my cheek.

I barely made it outside her door before I puked.

Which unfortunately I did at a hostel off the coast of Venice when I was 20. Met a gorgeous girl. From Australia on a study abroad. We hit it off smashingly well. Went back to her cabin. Both heavily intoxicated. Last thing I remember is her taking off her shirt. I woke up around sunrise with my face on her beautiful and perky breast—my own drool smeared on my cheek.

I barely made it outside her door before I puked.

Still counts

Reactions: GE Nole
Preseason rankings:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings/_/year/2018/week/1/seasontype/2

Of note

1. Duke - Lost in Elite 8
2. Michigan St. - Lost in round of 32
3. Arizona - Lost in round of 64
4. Kansas - Lost in Final 4
5. Kentucky - Lost in Sweet 16
6. Villanova - TBD
Unranked Michigan - TBD
Unranked Loyola-Chicago - Lost in Final 4

Unranked Montana
Unranked Texas A&M
Unranked Florida St
Unranked Loyola Chicago
#21 Houston

How did Beilein pull off this feat? Truly an incredible run. Hats off. I mean...What can you say?

Unranked Montana
Unranked Texas A&M
Unranked Florida St
Unranked Loyola Chicago
#21 Houston

How did Beilein pull off this feat? Truly an incredible run. Hats off. I mean...What can you say?

You're terrible and pissy just because they're bracket opened up big time and KU's didn't. Take your ball then go home and cry.

Michigan was saved by a miracle in the second round but will get credit for making it the championship game.

Gotta love the tournament and how cruel it can be.

Unranked Montana
Unranked Texas A&M
Unranked Florida St
Unranked Loyola Chicago
#21 Houston

It's Beilein's fault that Virginia, Arizona, Kentucky, Cincy, Tennessee, Xavier, Gonzaga, and UNC all lost before Michigan had a chance to beat them. We get it.

Michigan was saved by a miracle in the second round but will get credit for making it the championship game.

Gotta love the tournament and how cruel it can be.

7 years ago Darius Morris missed a layup that could have sent #1 seed Duke packing.

5 years ago Michigan lost to a team that was landing recruits by using prostitutes.
REU-BASKETBALL-NCAA_-3-740x540.jpg

4 years ago Aaron Harrison hit a 26 foot dagger that prevented Michigan from reaching back to back Final 4s.

1 year Derrick Walton ( a 42% three point shooter) missed an open look at the buzzer vs Oregon for a chance at the Elite 8.

Yeah, we caught a break vs Houston but if you think Michigan fans are going to apologize for that then you're greatly mistaken. Shit happens.

Last edited:
For some reason we were unranked at the beginning of the season despite returning 3 starters from a team that narrowly lost in the sweet 16 the year before. Will probably get the same treatment next season

When Kentucky doesn't close EJ. They aregoing to be in theshit again next year.

UK hasn't announced who's leaving,but if they lose Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Kevin Knox, they'rehurting.

Scorers, man, scorers.

You're terrible and pissy just because they're bracket opened up big time and KU's didn't. Take your ball then go home and cry.

Pissy that their bracket opened up? No, dipsh*t. I couldn't care less unless Michigan wins it all. They won't.

Gotta love it when people get drunk then post in here after their team loses a big game

Reactions: AWilli6995
A lot of them aren't drunk, it's their true colors coming out.

I think he was making a joke. MGoBlue had one of the most memorable outbreaks in the board's history. I'm not even sure what loss spurred it, but he was banned for a while for it.

I think he was making a joke. MGoBlue had one of the most memorable outbreaks in the board's history. I'm not even sure what loss spurred it, but he was banned for a while for it.

I figured he was making a joke but there a few posters that do post while drunk. Personally I think it's funny.

Reactions: MGO1668

Yeah but now I’m one of the calmer people on here. Everybody needs to chill it’s just college kids playing sports

Reactions: AWilli6995
7 years ago Darius Morris missed a layup that could have sent #1 seed Duke packing.

5 years ago Michigan lost to a team that was landing recruits by using prostitutes.
REU-BASKETBALL-NCAA_-3-740x540.jpg

4 years ago Aaron Harrison hit a 26 foot dagger that prevented Michigan from reaching back to back Final 4s.

1 year Derrick Walton ( a 42% three point shooter) missed an open look at the buzzer vs Oregon for a chance at the Elite 8.

Yeah, we caught a break vs Houston but if you think Michigan fans are going to apologize for that then you're greatly mistaken. Shit happens.

When you list them out like that, you realize Beilein is probably one of the better March coaches in the country. He out performs expectations routinely.

He was close to a FF at West Virginia in 05 as well. Had Louisville down 20 in the E8 and then Taquan Dean and Francisco Garcia started going crazy from deep.

Kentucky was #5 and #4. So we underachieved according to that but voters have clearly gotten lazy when it comes to us and seem to put us in the top 5 every year regardless.

A lot of Kentucky fans admitted we were likely overrated going into the season. But then again there are still a ton that fall for it every year too.

I said before the season if we made the tourney and got most of our team back id consider it a success.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
For some reason we were unranked at the beginning of the season despite returning 3 starters from a team that narrowly lost in the sweet 16 the year before. Will probably get the same treatment next season

I can see it already. “Michigan loses Rahkman, Robinson, and Wagner. Beilein will have a rebuilding effort on his hands this season. Bubble team”

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I can see it already. “Michigan loses Rahkman, Robinson, and Wagner. Beilein will have a rebuilding effort on his hands this season. Bubble team”

Michigan will comeback to earth when Burke leaves
Well when McGary and Stauskus leave they’ll suck again
When LeVert leaves it’s definitely over
Walton is gone they’re done...

Reactions: Tortilla Launcher
ADVERTISEMENT