ADVERTISEMENT

Your team's leading scorers?

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
How many different players have led your team in scoring for at least one game this season? FSU has had 9 different guys (Mann, PJ Savoy, Cofer, Kabengele, Forrest, Koumadje, MJ Walker, David Nichols, and Devin Vassell). Obviously this is on the high end, but I'm curious as to what others are like.

FYI, you can this pretty easily by going to espn, clicking on your team, then clicking on schedule.

Wouldn't have guessed Kansas had 7, but I suppose it makes sense given all the injuries and suspensions. Seems like 4/5 is the common number?

So here's a follow-up question: Would you rather have 1-2 go to guys who your offense is built around, but defenses also can key in on? Or would you want 6-8 guys who can all go off on any given night and keep defenses honest, but maybe lack a go-to scorer in crunch time?

Wouldn't have guessed Kansas had 7, but I suppose it makes sense given all the injuries and suspensions. Seems like 4/5 is the common number?

So here's a follow-up question: Would you rather have 1-2 go to guys who your offense is built around, but defenses also can key in on? Or would you want 6-8 guys who can all go off on any given night and keep defenses honest, but maybe lack a go-to scorer in crunch time?

I miss Michigan having a go to scorer, but the trade off is we are maybe the best defensive team in Michigan history.

UVA has 4 in 25 total games

Jerome - 4 games
Guy - 9 games
Hunter - 11 games
Diakite - 1 game

Really depends on how the team is built. It seems like the years Duke has had 5-6 guys that could lead the team in scoring any given game were the years they lost a lot of games due to not having that go to scorer. I think three reliable scorers is all you need given the other two starters and relief players do important things like rebound and play tough defense. A fourth scorer coming off the bench would be a nice bonus though.

This year's Duke team for instance could be a lot better than they are just by having Bolden be more consistent, which he is getting there. And having a guy give them 10-12ppg off the bench. White has regressed drastically. It's almost like he has been taken over by aliens. O'Connell has not matured and isn't developing an offensive game that Duke needs.

I think if the role players do their jobs and the team stays healthy, three scorers is all you need.

Reactions: GE Nole
Seems like ours have gone on runs. Reid carried us at the beginning, then Keldon, then Ashton, then/now PJ.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT