ADVERTISEMENT

Your Team's All-Time Single Best Player

Woof. Laettner feels like a good answer, although there are individual players who were better than he was, skill-wise.

Shane is the best Duke guy ever. But that's different.

chamberlain_wilt.jpg

Might be Havlicek, but hard for me to pick a guy I've never seen play (in college). My criteria will not take NBA success into account as I'm thinking it should have to do with what he did for his college team.

Between Jim Jackson and Greg Oden for me. I do think Oden was a more dominant college player in his one year, but not by much so I'll give JJ the nod for playing 3 seasons.

Might be Havlicek, but hard for me to pick a guy I've never seen play (in college). My criteria will not take NBA success into account as I'm thinking it should have to do with what he did for his college team.

Between Jim Jackson and Greg Oden for me. I do think Oden was a more dominant college player in his one year, but not by much so I'll give JJ the nod for playing 3 seasons.

Wait you're an Ohio State fan?

Rick Mount or Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson. Eras and contemporary rules are too different to truly pick one over the other, IMO.

Easy answer for DePaul.

When you have the greatest basketball player to play the game in it's first 50 years you gotta stick with him even 70 years later.

George Mikan.

Gotta at least give a shout out to Aguirre

Love Aguirre and had season tix his last year, but he's not in the same company as Mikan. Guy is considered the best player of the first half of the century and he led DePaul to the 1945 NIT title, our only National Championship.

Reactions: dtgold88
Based strictly on college career, would you say he's UNC's GOAT? I'd go w/ Hansbrough ahead of him, maybe Ford, too.
The question was kind of vague. I went with overall greatest player. While I agree, Hansbrough & Ford had better “college” stats, the overall best player is & was MJ.

Reactions: Dattier
Love Aguirre and had season tix his last year, but he's not in the same company as Mikan. Guy is considered the best player of the first half of the century and he led DePaul to the 1945 NIT title, our only National Championship.
Oh I don't doubt he is. For me in these discussions, I usually refrain from using guys I've never seen play. Guess I would go Havlicek if I didn't need to see them.

ADVERTISEMENT