ADVERTISEMENT

Your school's college bball Mt. Rushmore

Bull shit. Laettner could not stay on the court with Issel.

Different times, but Issel was the better talent.
We don’t know that.

This conversation will end up going nowhere but if we’re now bringing up talent as a comparison then what about Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Jay Williams and Zion Williamson? Is Issel better at basketball than them? I wouldn’t say any of those guys were better college players than Laettner but they were better talents.

We don’t know that.

This conversation will end up going nowhere but if we’re now bringing up talent as a comparison then what about Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Jay Williams and Zion Williamson? Is Issel better at basketball than them? I wouldn’t say any of those guys were better college players than Laettner but they were better talents.
Dan Issel was a great player. In a more restrictive game he is still UK's leading scorer. Most big men can't do what big Dan did.

edit:

Issel's Soph year he averaged 16.4 and UK had a record of 22-5 and won the SEC.
Issel's Junior year he averaged 26.6 and UK had a record of 23-5 and won the SEC.
Issel's Senior year he averaged 33.9 and UK had a record of 26-2 and won the SEC.

That is the mark of a great player. Plus he did well in the ABA and NBA.

Last edited:
MSU: One change over Cash and I loved Cash so I can't argue including him. I just think Draymond right there for that last spot

1. Magic Johnson
2. Tom Izzo
3. Mateen Cleaves
4. Draymond Green

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT