ADVERTISEMENT

Your school's college bball Mt. Rushmore

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
You can only include 4 people but they can be players (men's or women's) or coaches

UVA
Ralph Sampson
Dawn Staley
Tony Bennett
Malcolm Brogdon

Oregon
Sabrina Ionescu
Payton Pritchard
Howard Hobson
Terrell Brandon

Consideration: Luke Ridnour, Luke Jackson, Dana Altman, Kelly Graves, Ruthy Hebard, Aaron Brooks, Dillon Brooks

Joe Mantegna
John C Reilly
Ray Manzarek
Karl Malden

Honorable Mentions: Michael Shannon, Gillian Anderson, George Mikan

I understand. I guess where I’m coming from, is he did more for UK than 99 percent of the guys that played more than one year. Won every award in the book. And is probably, as an individual, the most talented played Kentucky has ever had.
Absolutely.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Kentucky

Rupp
Issel
Riley
Davis
Bro, you're going with Issel and Riley over Calipari and Pitino?? o_O
Issel wasn't even a NPOY nor did his UK teams ever win a title.

Come to think of it, I've never realized what a coach driven program UK is. Davis is your program's only true great player which makes your 8 national titles and other program accolades all the more impressive in my opinion.

Bro, you're going with Issel and Riley over Calipari and Pitino?? o_O
Issel wasn't even a NPOY nor did his UK teams ever win a title.

Come to think of it, I've never realized what a coach driven program UK is. Davis is your program's only true great player which makes your 8 national titles and other program accolades all the more impressive in my opinion.
I tried to limit it to just one coach (Rupp) mainly because I would have had a hard time putting one of Pitino or Cal above the other one. Issel is the all time leading scorer and multiple time All American. He's hard to leave out. Riley is one of many I could have put in there for the last spot.

Reactions: bignish
The only 2 consensus Duke candidates would be Coach K and Christian Laettner.

You could fill out the remaining 2 spots with any combination of Bobby Hurley, Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Shane Battier, Jason Williams, JJ Redick and Zion Williamson.

We really should have won 10 national titles in the last 30 years. :(:(

The only 2 consensus Duke candidates would be Coach K and Christian Laettner.

You could fill out the remaining 2 spots with any combination of Bobby Hurley, Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Shane Battier, Jason Williams, JJ Redick and Zion Williamson.

We really should have won 10 national titles in the last 30 years. :(:(
I think you have to put Grant in there. I think my last choice for Duke would come down to Shane or JJ

I think you have to put Grant in there. I think my last choice for Duke would come down to Shane or JJ

I don't agree that Grant, Shane or JJ should be there ahead of Hurley. None of those guys did more at or for Duke while they were there.

Coach K
Hill
Battier
Laettner

Tough leaving Hurley off, but you just can't have three players from the same team.

Magic Johnson
Mateen Cleaves
Tom Izzo
Cassius Winston

Last edited:
Magic Johnson
Mateen Cleaves
Scott Skiles
Cassius Winston

Our top 4 players of all time are all point guards. While Denzel Valentine did average 19/7/7 and had a better one single season than Cassius did, Cassius brought the team to a final four and 3 straight big ten championships.

No Izzo?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT