ADVERTISEMENT

Your “Can’t Stand the Kid” Team Starting 5

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Past or present players, any school; who do you assemble to put a team together?

And don’t forget your coach.

If you’ve got time . . . and let’s face it, you’re not exactly doing anything productive at the moment . . . try to include what you dislike about those in particular.

Last edited:
I can’t think of any I can’t stand. I’d just say 2 to 3 players from Kansas last season and same with North Carolina from 4 to 5 years ago. Not bad kids. They’re just general cheating low class riff raff. As for the coach I’d probably let coach K, Self and Roy Williams naked wrestle each other for the spot. Last one to produce liquid has to coach.

I’d wager most fans outside of those schools generally agree.

I can’t think of any I can’t stand. I’d just say 2 to 3 players from Kansas last season and same with North Carolina from 4 to 5 years ago. Not bad kids. They’re just general cheating low class riff raff. As for the coach I’d probably let coach K, Self and Roy Williams naked wrestle each other for the spot. Last one to produce liquid has to coach.

I’d wager most fans outside of those schools generally agree.

Laughing

• Laettner (although I do have a certain appreciation/respect for him since his 30 for 30 and his appearance in Rupp Arena a few years back. Good sport.)
  • Frank Kaminsky (general goofy look)
  • KD Johnson, Auburn (overcelebratory for mediocre plays)
  • Shabazz Napier, UConn (won acting/flopping award from referee Higgins)
  • Austin Rivers, slightly above-average talent, confidence of someone much better.
  • Coach; K
I will say that I don’t have any passionate disdain for these guys. They’re just who organically come to mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePhog08
Drew Timme
Tyler Hansbrough
Grayson Allen
Kim English
Marcus Smart

Bench

Joey Dorsey
Aaron and Andrew Harrison
Aaron Craft
Gerry McNamera
Joakim Noah
Georges Niang
Michael Beasley

Drew Timme
Tyler Hansbrough
Grayson Allen
Kim English
Marcus Smart

Bench

Joey Dorsey
Aaron and Andrew Harrison
Aaron Craft
Gerry McNamera
Joakim Noah
Georges Niang
Michael Beasley
What was it about the Harrison twins?

Tony Harris
Francisco Garcia
Terrence Williams (T Will)
Ron Slay
Joakim Noah

Bench
Vincent Yarbrough
Matt Walsh
Grayson Allen
Edgar Sosa
Cherokee Parks
Rasheed Wallace
Steve Masiello
Steve Wojciechowski

Coach
Bob Knight
Assistant
Bruce Pearl

All five guys on my 1st Team won a national title. That obviously makes them a little more annoying.

1st Team
Khalid El-Amin, UConn
Mateen Cleaves, Michigan State
Byron Mouton, Maryland
Corliss Williamson, Arkansas
Tyler Hansbrough, North Carolina

2nd Team
Shane Larkin, Miami
Jacob Pullen, Kansas State
Matthew Dellavedova, Saint Mary's
Jerry Stackhouse, North Carolina
Joakim Noah, Florida

All five guys on my 1st Team won a national title. That obviously makes them a little more annoying.

1st Team
Khalid El-Amin, UConn
Mateen Cleaves, Michigan State
Byron Mouton, Maryland
Corliss Williamson, Arkansas
Tyler Hansbrough, North Carolina

2nd Team
Shane Larkin, Miami
Jacob Pullen, Kansas State
Matthew Dellavedova, Saint Mary's
Jerry Stackhouse, North Carolina
Joakim Noah, Florida
Hows about f*** the entire 2002 maryland twerps

Kyle Singler (dirty player who took one of the lamest flop charges ever in the NCAAT)
JJ Redick-college version-(just a jackass, which he has basically admitted)
Grayson Allen-(I mean, for f sake, pretty obvious)
Nolan Smith-(Just a huge loser, as he showed last year when he got his face smacked around by Hubert and was so butthurt he wouldn't even shake his hand)
Chris Collins-(I mean, this dude made Doherty look like the good guy)
Wojo-(Wasn't he the one who faked like the Kentucky player was rolling over on his arm when it was just him doing those Dukie things they do)
Terrence Jones-(Even Duke players don't kick homeless people)

Tried to think of a State player but really couldn't. They just aren't relevant enough.

Reactions: UL_1986
Can't put my finger on it but they came to mind. Malik Monk too. Cockiness maybe? idk Gut feeling
Harrison twins, okay they were like I am better than this, but they did tame down "some" but the rest of my opinion on the ending of that final season with them will remain with in my head. Monk, I don't know.

Don’t get the Francisco Garcia one? Dude wasn’t unlikeable, unless you were playing him.

Don’t get the Francisco Garcia one? Dude wasn’t unlikeable, unless you were playing him.

There had to be at least one U6er on my list... I'd still be typing if I listed them all.

2005 game....stupid dancing his ass to the locker room at halftime. Got handed an L at the end of the 2nd half.

There had to be at least one U6er on my list... I'd still be typing if I listed them all.

2005 game....stupid dancing his ass to the locker room at halftime. Got handed an L at the end of the 2nd half.
Guess I don’t remember that. Always seemed like a genuine dude and was a hell of a player. Also his bro got killed and he played the same night. Props. Don’t care about the loss, we went to final 4 that year and I’ll always like him and Dean for that.

Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT