ADVERTISEMENT

Young or Bagley? Who Would You Rather Build a Team Around

I know people want to say Young is Steph Curry 2.0, but I won't believe it until he proves it in the NBA. So...Bagley for me. Size plus skills beats volume shooter just about every day for me.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Bagley. Felt that way in December and January as well.

I have Bagley and Ayton 1A and 1B.

People have completely reversed their opinions of Young in the span of a week or two. I think it's a little overboard. Teams are pulling out all the stops to slow him down and most nights he's still getting 25+ and 9. With nothing around him.

Meanwhile, Duke does nothing but win when Bagley is out, while struggling or losing to one mediocre team after another with him in the lineup.

Not saying that Bagley doesn't have more talent or a higher ceiling, but I think these things have to be considered.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
People have completely reversed their opinions of Young in the span of a week or two. I think it's a little overboard. Teams are pulling out all the stops to slow him down and most nights he's still getting 25+ and 9. With nothing around him.

Meanwhile, Duke does nothing but win when Bagley is out, while struggling or losing to one mediocre team after another with him in the lineup.

Not saying that Bagley doesn't have more talent or a higher ceiling, but I think these things have to be considered.
Anybody taking that many shots to get those points kinda loses traction.

Bagley had 34/15 vs Texas in a win. 30/15 vs Florida in a win.....32/21 vs FSU in a win..

Just saying....And FTR, he had 23/10 in a win @ Indiana.

Bagley had 34/15 vs Texas in a win. 30/15 vs Florida in a win.....32/21 vs FSU in a win..

Just saying....And FTR, he had 23/10 in a win @ Indiana.

I just wonder what Bagley would do with a garbage supporting cast and every opposing coach focusing solely on stopping him.

I just wonder what Bagley would do with a garbage supporting cast and every opposing coach focusing solely on stopping him.
Probably take 39 shots? Irrelevant, though. Young is good. Really good. But if I was starting a team, it would start with Bagley. He doesn't need the ball in his hands to impact the game. I'll take that everyday.

I don't see how this is a question, anyone who picks Young needs their head examined IMO.

I can’t stand Young. He would be one of the all-time ‘32’ players, but in 5-on-5...thanks, but no thanks.

Have you never watched Bagley?

With a garbage supporting cast he’d get a shit ton of offensive rebounds and second chance points. Just like now. He’s not fed the ball and told to manufacture points in the post (and when he is, he’s doubled). Very little would change statistically if his team sucked.

His potential makes him possibly the better prospect. Long, intelligent, and developing a shot.

He will go before Bagley.
He won't but I thought we were talking about Ayton and Bamba, why move the goal posts?

Reactions: Wojoman
Ayton is more of a physical presence than Bagley but you can’t go wrong with either one.
Yeah but we weren't talking about that. OP was about Young/Bagley, the fake clemson fan brought up Ayton/Bamba and then moved the goal posts again to Bamba/Bagley. Maybe we can pivot to Zion Williamson later today.

Yeah but we weren't talking about that. OP was about Young/Bagley, the fake clemson fan brought up Ayton/Bamba and then moved the goal posts again to Bamba/Bagley. Maybe we can pivot to Zion Williamson later today.

I know but Bagley will be my choice over Young. Don’t think anyone in college can guard Bagley. Any good defender can check Young.

Reactions: tw3301
You injected the commentary that Ayton was way ahead of Bamba. If you believe that, than you have to accept Ayton is way, way ahead of Bagley.

Bamba will be drafted top 3, ahead of Bagley.

You injected the commentary that Ayton was way ahead of Bamba. If you believe that, than you have to accept Ayton is way, way ahead of Bagley.

Bamba will be drafted top 3, ahead of Bagley.
I don't really care where they're drafted, but I disagree with you based on Bamba's extremely limited offense.

I don't really care where they're drafted, but I disagree with you based on Bamba's extremely limited offense.
That is fine. Just illustrates you inability to look at things without those Duke Blue Shades.

Young for sure. Can't wait to see him play with people who don't suck.

His potential makes him possibly the better prospect. Long, intelligent, and developing a shot.

He will go before Bagley.

Didn't Bagley go for 34/15 against Texas and Bamba? Also, I believe there is a good chance Carter goes ahead of Bamba in the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT