ADVERTISEMENT

You know what’s so cool about America?

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
So, most nations are made up of the people living in a particular place, relative to where rivers or ancient agreements set boundaries. Look around the entire world... that’s true of just about every country.

Except the US.

The United States is the only country on earth that is composed primarily of people who came here specifically. And what is interesting is that it generally creates an amazing constant. People who left their homeland to come to the US... they aren’t the scared type, or the afraid to make change type, or the afraid to work and sacrifice to improve life for their family. In fact, they are usually the opposite; people willing to take a chance, literally risk their lives, to improve their situation.

That makes the United States really unique in the world. Outside of a maybe one or two specific groups, our country (for the Americans here) is basically built on people who were willing to take a chance and take a risk and to work hard to get somewhere, to achieve for their family.

If you look at how young the US is compared to the rest of the world, but the relative accomplishments of it, this type of person is why we are what we are.

Anyway... I think it’s a really interesting, and unique, feature of the United States.

Yeah, I just wish people would assimilate and accept our values instead of trying to exploit the system.

Too bad we have a large portion of the country that wants to give everyone who comes here a handout. That same group of people unfortunately want people dependent on the government instead of themselves and it’s killing the country.

Last edited:
The divide will always be there. Each group thinks what they’re saying is right, and each group likes to re-write their own version of history and the morals and values that were “brought” to this country.

Reactions: Danger 35 Zone
i think you can add Australia to the list
they also have very tough immigration laws

no doubt there is only a few counties in the world people flock to live in
mainly because of our freedom and economy
,many Americans have given their life and limbs for that freedom

Reactions: Uihawks111
Is this the 1800's? What % of our population is comprised of people that were born here vs those who migrated? Our fore fathers, and mothers, persevered through some shit but most living here now were born here. Now they want everything given to them instead of earning it. Free healthcare, free phones, free food, free housing, free everything, gimmie gimmie gimmie. Its the same with Europe. You don't think people have and continue to migrate throughout Europe? The real ones to pat on the back are the ones who stayed in their repressive states and persevered through the turmoil rather than run away from it.

i think you can add Australia to the list
they also have very tough immigration laws

no doubt there is only a few counties in the world people flock to live in
mainly because of our freedom and economy
,many Americans have given their life and limbs for that freedom

Australia? I think they started as a penal colony... not quite the same:)

And I’m speaking more in historical terms, although we are still very much a land of opportunity... but the unknowns and risks that people took in the past (1700s through early 1900s) are different now than they were:)

Feel free to use whatever adjective you think fits the tone of the post if it offends you ;)
What I am saying is "cool" isn't anything to brag about when discussing viability of a country , especially one that is a supreme world power.

they aren’t the scared type, or the afraid to make change type, or the afraid to work and sacrifice to improve life for their family.
There is still a lot of that but godamn there are a whole lot of people with their hands out asking what their country can do for them rather than what they can do for their country. As much as people bitch and moan about how "bad" they have it here, there is no other country on planet earth I care to live in.

Is this the 1800's? What % of our population is comprised of people that were born here vs those who migrated? Our fore fathers, and mothers, persevered through some shit but most living here now were born here. Now they want everything given to them instead of earning it. Free healthcare, free phones, free food, free housing, free everything, gimmie gimmie gimmie. Its the same with Europe. You don't think people have and continue to migrate throughout Europe? The real ones to pat on the back are the ones who stayed in their repressive states and persevered through the turmoil rather than run away from it.

Whoa. That’s pretty ****ed up. Every metric shows Americans work harder than nearly every other country on earth. I have a lot more belief in my countrymen than you do, and I think both history and fact support my take more than yours.

Understand that the genetics of those people who took a chance to come here, the willingness of a family to work hard, to do what they need to do to succeed, doesn’t go away. Those genetics stay. Even two or 3, 4, 6 generations later, it’s the same genetics.

Reactions: duckboy33
Recite that to the Native Americans, i’m sure they’d get a kick out of what you just said.

Reactions: I am stupid
Whoa. That’s pretty ****ed up. Every metric shows Americans work harder than nearly every other country on earth. I have a lot more belief in my countrymen than you do, and I think both history and fact support my take more than yours.

Understand that the genetics of those people who took a chance to come here, the willingness of a family to work hard, to do what they need to do to succeed, doesn’t go away. Those genetics stay. Even two or 3, 4, 6 generations later, it’s the same genetics.

There is no gene for work ethic. It is taught and learned, it is not passed down. Honestly one of the dumbest things i've read on here and that says a lot with everything Borden has said on here.

“Woke” isn’t really analogous with “cool”, old man. Winking
old-man-gif-7.gif

There is no gene for work ethic. It is taught and learned, it is not passed down. Honestly one of the dumbest things i've read on here and that says a lot with everything Borden has said on here.
Almost as dumb as the drivel you posted comparing dawnism to the mass genocide of people from this land getting it over run by “immigrants”. SmokinSmile

I know you’re being facetious, but I’m sure the likes will be worth it to you. ;)
I mean it's hard to feel bad about it honestly, for one I had nothing to do with it and two this is what has happened throughout history. people come along with better technology and wipe out the less advanced race and take their land/resources. it just kinda is what it is.

Reactions: treyforuk
I mean it's hard to feel bad about it honestly, for one I had nothing to do with it and two this is what has happened throughout history. people come along with better technology and wipe out the less advanced race and take their land/resources. it just kinda is what it is.
Yet here we are bitching about other immigrants coming to America, utilizing the land/resources for their own benefit. If you don’t see that correlation, I don’t really know what to tell you. People like Trey and Bert will stomp their steel toe’d boots on the ground shouting “injustice”!!! “My jerbbb was taken”!!

Yeah, well...survival of the fittest mother****er. :p

Reactions: KisteK
Yet here we are bitching about other immigrants coming to America, utilizing the land/resources for their own benefit. If you don’t see that correlation, I don’t really know what to tell you. People like Trey and Bert will stomp their steel toe’d boots on the ground shouting “injustice”!!! “My jerbbb was taken”!!

Yeah, well...survival of the fittest mother****er. :p

People are bitching about Illegal immigrants. There is a difference ya know...

Yeah, I just wish people would assimilate and accept our values instead of trying to exploit the system.

Too bad we have a large portion of the country that wants to give everyone who comes here a handout. That same group of people unfortunately want people dependent on the government instead of themselves and it’s killing the country.

Who? And what groups are pushing to give everyone a handout?

Who are these people / groups? Who is getting free phones, food, housing, etc?

Our values translates to "your values." You wish, they'd assimilate to "your values." Not exactly sure what our values are. In terms of handouts, I think that's pretty much bullshit. I don't think many (if any) come here for our worldclass welfare system. If there are, it's a pretty small number of people, who make up a small enough group that we shouldn't give too much thought to.

Quite frankly, it's none of your business (or anyone else's), how these people live. Isn't that kind of the idea of freedom? The assimilation that takes place happens naturally. Learning English, for example, is something that is in the interest of immigrants to learn. They don't have to learn English and their choice if they want to speak Klingon. There don't need to be laws to enforce that or really any more external pressures. The social normatives of society implement themselves.

Hm, the thing most Americans, both first generation and sixth generation, have in common is a willingness to work. Any number of stats back that up, and obviously our entire history backs that up. It’s not a right/left thing... it is a general trait of the American condition, and it’s why we’ve done SO very well in our short history.

And yes, everyone always bemoans the newer immigrants and insists that those new immigrants should either leave or be just like them. The English, the Germans, the Irish, the Scottish, the Italians, the Greeks, the Chinese, etc etc... yet every major group has made major contributions to our nation. I think we have to worry less about “be like us” and more about “contribute something good!”

Hm, the thing most Americans, both first generation and sixth generation, have in common is a willingness to work. Any number of stats back that up, and obviously our entire history backs that up. It’s not a right/left thing... it is a general trait of the American condition, and it’s why we’ve done SO very well in our short history.

And yes, everyone always bemoans the newer immigrants and insists that those new immigrants should either leave or be just like them. The English, the Germans, the Irish, the Scottish, the Italians, the Greeks, the Chinese, etc etc... yet every major group has made major contributions to our nation. I think we have to worry less about “be like us” and more about “contribute something good!”
Too much logic in this post.

And yes, everyone always bemoans the newer immigrants and insists that those new immigrants should either leave or be just like them. The English, the Germans, the Irish, the Scottish, the Italians, the Greeks, the Chinese, etc etc... yet every major group has made major contributions to our nation. I think we have to worry less about “be like us” and more about “contribute something good!

I just want them to pay taxes and follow the laws, just like everybody else.

Reactions: KisteK and SNU0821
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT